DivineGuard1000

General How long would you last in the Arctic?

Since I've done a topic about surviving in the desert, let's go to the very low side of the thermometer and talk about the extreme cold and icy nature of the arctic!

Cold, snowy, icy and hardly any sun is what you can expect in such an environment! Would you survive long before turning into an icicle?

For me: Maybe a week!

Badges

I could maybe survive a few hours before biting the dust. My body has no insulation, so extreme cold would not be easy for me to deal with.

I'm Canadian. What you call cold is what we refer to a "lukewarm".

... Nah, despite being Canadian, I have a very low tolerance for the cold. I might last a few days, which is still being generous for me.  

Okay, nope. I wouldn’t last long. A day tops. :laugh: I can barely handle it when the temperature drops below 60 degrees. How do you think I’d survive in extreme below freezing temps everyday? :sealed: Answer: I wouldn’t. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

Here's my guesstimate...about 0.34s. Yeep, rip-a-dee-doo-dah 4me! :laugh:

• Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Badges

When I used to snowboard I would bet icicles out of my nose from frozen snot. So ya, I'd be fine. 

download (1).jpeg

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Badges

If 32 degrees Fahrenheit is as warm as it's going to get, I'll go with 1.75 days at most if I'm decently dressed. We're not being fully stocked with the appropriate clothing in either scenario I assume. I'd make it through the first whole day, but on the second night, I'm betting I succumb to the cold and don't wake up again because I lose the ability to keep warm entirely. And as obnoxious as sand is to walk on even when loose, it's still firmer than any significant depth of snow, so you'd be burning more calories trudging through it, you'd generate some heat but that melt whatever sticks to you or any sweat would freeze. Consuming the snow for hydration briefly improves your situation but that costs you more calories, so it will actually shorten  the time you have. Perhaps if you made yourself a snow cave which can be surprisingly heat retaining, and mostly sleep, you could make to 3 or 4, but with nothing to replenish your body's energy, you can't go very long.

Probably longer than the desert.

Badges

I might survive longer than in the desert, but I wouldn't survive long. I prefer the cold, but that's because it's so easy to contain with shelter where I live. If I was stuck out in the arctic, I wouldn't last.

Badges

I wouldn't last very long in the arctic as I'm no lover of the cold.

Badges

I'd last a lot longer in the Arctic than I would in a desert. I don't do so well in hot temps.

I could last a while with a 50/50 mixture of blood and propylene glycol  :P

Edited by Phosphor

I doubt I would last long in the arctic, as I lack much experience with severely cold conditions. I would give myself less than one day, before I'd succumb to the insane climate.

Badges

Considering that 10 C is too cold for me to handle most of the time, I’d say I wouldn’t last very long. :please:

About a week or so, depending on the supplies.

Badges

due to my physical condition and my nationality...I say...at least 1 or 2 weeks

Badges

On 6/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, Azul Maya said:

Here's my guesstimate...about 0.34s. Yeep, rip-a-dee-doo-dah 4me! :laugh:

That's about 0.33s more than me. I am not a cold-weather pony. :rarity:   

• Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Badges