Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

E17: Festival Filters

Thrond

Title: Festival Filters
Air Date: June 14, 2019
Written By: Katie Chilson
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): 
Sunset Shimmer is about to do the unthinkable - post a photo with #nofilter! (GASP!) Her friends show off their own awesome filters to convince Sunset of the error of her ways.

-----------------------------

"How do you do, fellow kids?" 

Congrats to the RariJack shippers for getting more fuel. Are the writers on board with this or is it just a project of the animators? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haven't been liking this season's new focus on modern social media trends at all making everything like Youtube, vloging, Snapchat, etc., among other things, so much focusing trying to be hip and cool, and the constant masturbation towards Rarijack. Like, we get it you guys like Rarijack, you don't have to remind us every 5 seconds, it's just obnoxious now, and at this point just hearing about it is enough for me to drop episodes. The G3 gag was funny, but other than that, it was weak

Spoiler

Really the last few shorts have been more or less the same, even the ones on the Discovery App, only two of the music videos have been worth watching imo.

Edited by This Whomps

23 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Haven't been liking this season's new focus on modern social media trends at all making everything like Youtube, vloging, Snapchat, etc., among other things, so much focusing trying to be hip and cool, and the constant masturbation towards Rarijack. Like, we get it you guys like Rarijack, you don't have to remind us every 5 seconds, it's just obnoxious now, and at this point just hearing about it is enough to drop episodes. The G3 gag was funny, but other than that, it was weak

I liked this season for a while and I think that seeing these characters interact with technology is a good idea on paper, but it doesn't seem like anyone writing these understands social media very well. The videos were fun because those seemed like videos the characters might make, but some of these recent ones have felt weirdly out-of-touch. 

And RariJack... I just don't "get" RariJack. If they're gonna keep having references to it, they should just develop that romance so it actually makes sense. Otherwise, you're just pairing together the two least compatible main characters for no apparent reason.