Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike, Ember or Smolder- Who is your favorite?

Moonstarleader10101

(edited)

As much as I like Smolder, I still have to go with Spike. :mustache: He has been there since the beginning, and while he may not always have been in the spotlight quite like the Mane 6, his impact on the series has still been very significant. I always thought his episodes provided variety to the series (along with the CMC episodes) and were quite enjoyable in their own right. And he has had some particularly wonderful moments in the later seasons, especially when he became friends with Thorax. :rarity:

While the trio mentioned here would probably be my three favorite dragons, I have to give an honorable mention to Scales – probably the cutest dragon in the series (and one of the cutest villains too). :mlp_icwudt:

large.jpeg

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

I have to pick the classic Spikey Wikey. He is the OG Dragony and such a lovable character in every regard. <3 I've always loved his design, his voice, his personality, all of it from day one.

2Iyu.gif

Just look at him. :wub: I just want to hug him.

Ember, hands down. She's definitely the closest to what dragons should be in my mind.

Absolutely confident and with strong personality.

• Brohoof 1

Can go with that - although the baby dragons are adorable.

Exposure to ponies (or ponified dragons, in Ember's case) seems to have a positive effect on dragons; Spike too often is Twi's (and now Glimglam's) voice of reason, while being totally ignored. And while Glimglam may have done the heavy lifting, it was Spike's decision to share friendship with Thorax that put him on a path to being king of the reformed changelings.

Far too much spike abuse in the show though (even not including Rarity taking advantage of his crush)

Ember is my favorite dragon, I like her personality a lot(especially how she can't tell the difference between the ponies and she doesn't even care). 

I like all 3 of them but ember is really special.