Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most disappointing feature of MLP to you?

FearTheBelle

(edited)

There was a moment just a few seasons ago, when the show started redeeming villains like there is no tommorow.

Some stories from the comics I really wanted to be in the show. Nightmare Rarity, Anon-a-miss

Tartarus is kind of a joke as a prison for the Equestria's version of criminally insane. Nopony cares that Tirek and Cozy Glow escaped, and they probably don't care to check once every few years.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

How Chrysalis was sidelined in seasons 7 & 8, when season 6's finale ended on a cliffhanger that promised imminent revenge.

Season 9 has since picked up the slack, but for 52 episodes there was only The Mean Six to show for Chrysalis' ""comeback"". Which was pretty pathetic.

Edited by ErisPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

On 6/16/2019 at 2:24 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Pacing. Stories are too rushed. They constrain themselves too much with format. The results are mixed on how well they can pace a story during an episode. There are many an episode that could've used a two part format. 

And a story that should be told all season long gets blown by in a pair of two parters, if that. And the few times there is development across a season, the payoff is lack luster. They can't decide if they want an over arching story or stand alone episodes. 

Also there's no continuity with the comics, which could provide a great wealth of creativity and arching stories across different media platforms. 

Tbh there was only one episode for me where this was super apparent and that's the season 3 finale. It felt like everything happened at once because they tried to cram so much nonsense in to such an important episode. Ordinarily I'd write an episode with bad pacing down as a bad episode and forget about it, but that one stuck with me.

• Brohoof 1

I’m disappointed that King Sombra never truly fought for his throne accept during the Sombraverse. Of course he’s done stuff like fear tactics and infinity stairs but you never see him do anything that makes him have an actual desire and reason to rule. All the other villains make plans and usually act on them before they say they’ve claimed the throne. I just feel like Sombra could’ve done more, just to be a little more interesting like he was in the Sombraverse.

• Brohoof 1