Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

dark Scootaloo's Hollow

Early Sunsets

(edited)

Another story of mine just went live. Yesterday's episode of the show kind of ruined the whole plot, so I had to change the tags to alternate universe at the last moment. Kind of annoying as I've had this in the works for a month or so. I tried including significant symoblism into my story for the first time, which I'm mildly proud of. Hopefully it's not too hard to catch.

Anyway, here's the basic synopsis. It's the same long description that I have up on FiMFic, so no need to read it twice. TW: mild language, domestic abuse, depression, talk of / reference to self-harm.

Spoiler

Dreadwing is a magical creature who feeds from the energy of foals who have yet to earn their cutie mark. After finishing with his previous host he moves on to Scootaloo, a young pegasus who can't fly. As usual, he absorbs the intense emotions present in the mind of the filly. Unlike all the other foals he's seen, however, the strongest thing he can feel in her mind isn't happiness, excitement, or anything vaguely positive. It's despair.

This cruel being who knew nothing but stealing joy from young foals for the millennium he's been alive looks into why Scootaloo is so unhappy for such a young filly. It just so happens that ponies have a darker side than even he had ever witnessed, and despite being what he was, he realized there were monsters out there worse than he.

Find the story HERE.

Edited by Booker
It's about 10k words long, fyi. Not too long, but not a five-minute read either.