Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Your reaction if Trump ever signed a name changing law?

FirePuppy

While I know your question is straight-forward, I ultimately can't see me answering this without asking further questions. I mean, what constitutes an 'all-American' name? Don't most, if not all, names have their origins outside of North America, or even south of the border? I mean, if he tried that, I doubt Congress would sit idly by. I mean heck; I can see plenty of conservatives siding with liberals and centrists if he tried anything like that. I mean, even if it's an executive order, there's gonna be plenty of lawsuits and court challenges to that.

But I guess to answer the question; I would be horrified...which from me, wouldn't be anything new when it comes to Trump. *shrug*

• Brohoof 7

@PathfinderCS

See Path, I do not have such complex issues with this thread at all.

Because I would watch the news and laugh in polish.

...seriously tho, I also would like to know what is an 'all-American' name, considering the roots of USA are in in UK? Native Americans or... I don't know?

• Brohoof 3

My guess as to what an all American name would be, would those of English or biblical origin, and then exceptions made for exceptional figures in US history that fit the bill. The one upside to this is that it would put an end to variations of my name which there should be none only 2 of, along with an end to the ridiculousness of some modern names popping up. Unfortunately it would see an end to culturally rich names from across the world. Ivanka would have to change hers :laugh:

I get Trump gets a lot of bad PR but this is just ridiculous. My reaction would probably be disbelief because I'm damn sure this will never happen.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I would love to see how people would make a mockery of it. :laugh: Also, I'm not sure if I would be surprised or not about this to be honest. Trump is a pretty unstable piece of work but at the same time even this would be too insane for him.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

4 hours ago, Passion said:

...seriously tho, I also would like to know what is an 'all-American' name, considering the roots of USA are in in UK? Native Americans or... I don't know?

apple pie is technically a British invention. The US was founded as a former british colony. So it's fair to say when people refer to something as being "all-american" it has some degree of "englishness" to it

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Phosphor said:

Meh, he still has my vote.

Lol. Come on, that scenario is ridiculous.  

Legit, but for the sake of the argument, I’ll respond. I’ll see it as ridiculous, simply, and I certainly  won’t be happy in changing my name to it’s English version. Why? For one part, I’m indifferent, but I got better things to do than waste my time changing my name :dry:. HELL, I HARDLY HAVE TIME TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES ANYMORE :unamused:

additionally, it’ll be concerning because it’ll be the beginning of cultural cleansing. And that shit ain’t good :eww:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think that President Trump would ever do anything like that. He's been a responsible President who has been very good at dealing with the stress of the presidency. I point you to Richard Nixon who was a far worse individual.

• Brohoof 3

You must be joking. That would never, ever happen. There would be protests up the ass. Just explain what there is to gain from signing in a law like that, even Trump's more controversial decisions have had an actual incentive behind them that would benefit the country in some way. Especially with the ill definition of what an "all-American name" is, something like that would not ever happen. 

• Brohoof 3

Well instead of people being called John, Ahmed and Donald, people would be called names that natives use, and I probably should type them because I'll probably get a warning!

but that's never going to happen,

I'd probably say that you're trying to pretend you are native american

• Brohoof 1

Laugh maniacally in a state of despair while playing Russian roulette with a gun to blow my brains out? Overeacting much?

Either that or GTFO this country ASAP to save my sanity from being twisted or manipulated to the point of brainwash on a daily basis when this moment occurs. I doubt anything good can come out of that particular outcome.

I don't live in the United States, so this would hardly affect me. Of course, even if such a brainless law were to be passed, I think everyone would consider the man one hundred percent mentally insane.