Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Elements Reincarnated (RP)

Emerald Heart

(edited)

I nodded and listened to what he was saying while enjoying the cake and sipping the coffee, mixing in a packet of sugar. "Yes it can get annoying sometimes, but I make it work." 

I laughed lightly, poking his wallet away with my left fore hoof. "You can look at the prices on the menu, but I won't accept anyway. Its not about the money."

"Refill!" the voice of a mare with a messy multicolored mane yelled, slamming a cup on the table. I pulled out the pitcher and refilled her cup as she slumped over sad, drinking from an elaborately shaped straw

"That Unicorn is here a lot, ever since the Elements sacrificed themselves. Loves coffee. She can't get over the death of the Princess, and who could blame her? It is quite sad......" I took another bite of cake and a sip of coffee. "Why yes, we're friends now. I like making friends. Is that a problem? Is that not ok?" I felt a little sad, but I had to look cheerful for the customers

While he thought that over and conversed with a friend I moved around the patrons to refill the others who asked and take orders that came in and out.

Then I sat back down again, straightening out my mane a bit

Edited by Lektra Bolt

33 minutes ago, Sherem said:

@Dynamo Pad

Aerion saw Dynamo and said "hey!! I'm actually on a way to continue a celebration! but we can chat next time! or you guys can join me!" soon the owner Coffee Mix gave him the bottles he was needing "Although I have to say it's a wild one back at that inn!" he said with an excited voice "I have to get going, before it runs dry!" he then goes out of the coffee shop

Dynamo smiled at the offer to join him and his friends/team, but he could only shake his head. "Thanks for the offer, but I might pass. You said that you're celebrating and I'm guessing it's with your Wonderbolt team. Maybe we can all hang out later, or some other time." He says, knowing it would be rude to join in on a party that he and the others weren't a part of. He had just gotten to town, so he didn't want to outstay his welcome of that party.

15 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I nodded and listened to what he was saying while enjoying the cake and sipping the coffee, mixing in a packet of sugar. "Yes it can get annoying sometimes, but I make it work." 

I laughed lightly, poking his wallet away with my left fore hoof. "You can look at the prices on the menu, but I won't accept anyway. Its not about the money."

"Refill!" a the voice of a mare with a messy multicolored mane yelled, slamming a cup on the table. I pulled out the pitcher and refilled her cup as she slumped over sad, drinking from an elaborately shaped straw

"That Unicorn is here a lot, ever since the Elements sacrificed themselves. Loves coffee. She can't get over the death of the Princess, and who could blame her? It is quite sad......" I took another bite of cake and a sip of coffee. "Why yes, we're friends now. I like making friends. Is that a problem? Is that not ok?" I felt a little sad, but I had to look cheerful for the customers

While he thought that over and conversed with a friend I moved around the patrons to refill the others who asked and take orders that came in and out.

Then I sat back down again, straightening out my mane a bit

Dynamo wanted to protest when Chrissy denied his offer to pay her back, but he soon sighed and put his wallet away. "Okay, you win. I just felt bad as I didn't want to make you waste any bits that you worked hard to earn." He levitated a fork with a levitation spell, before placing a slice of cake on his fork. He brought the fork up to him and took a bite of his food. "Mm...this is really good." He hummed in delight as his eyes brightened with happiness. 

At the mention of the Elements, Dynamo frowned as the memories flooded back into his mind. "I remember that, all too well. It just feels like only yesterday when that happened. I remember starting off in high school when I saw the news in the paper. Everypony in town, in the arcade, my parents and I were just devastated. I've accepted what had happened, but I don't think I'll ever get over what had happened." He tried to smile, so as to not let the mood be ruined with the group. He thought he could hear the saddening tone in Chrissy's voice, before shaking his head as he tried to help her in understanding. "Oh, no. It's not like that. It's just..." He sighed, trying to find the right way in explaining why he was shocked at being called a friend. "It's just that I never really...had a friend before. I thought I had friends, but all they did was bully me for my kindness. Not only because of my kindness, but the fact that I couldn't use magic and I had no cutie mark, as well. That, and they rallied the other students to pick on me. Most of the time, I was just alone and had nobody to play with together."

He knew that he would have to tell others about his past eventually, but he knew it was never easy. "Over time, I managed to learn how to use magic and I gained my cutie mark, too. I had some gaming buddies at the arcade I would always go to and work at. However, I never really asked them if we were friends. In fear of being rejected or treated badly from what happened at school. I hope you can forgive me for my hesitation. In truth, I really would like to be friends, if that's okay, Chrissy."

• Brohoof 1

Oh good, he told you some of his life story. Good luck getting out of that one

I don't need luck. I just don't talk about my past

Nodding along and not interrupting, I finally spoke up. "A sad story, but I'm glad to be your friend of course. I'll help if anyone bullies you here in town. As for the Elements, I kinda knew them. Also not really, but....its complicated. I don't talk about my past. There's only one pony in town who knows it, and let's just say that's the only one I feel comfortable with knowing it right now."

"Speaking of other friends, is your friend here ok? She hasn't said anything."

(Let's wait and let Emerald catch up)

@Emerald<3
Rose hopped up and found a letter next to her, she picked it up and headed to the cafe to read it. She plopped down and said as she kicked up her hind legs and raised a hoof, "Could I please get a coffee over here?" She took her dull knife and cut the letter open and started to read it, hoping that it was a job.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo looked back to Cocoa and gave her an apologetic look. "I guess I can understand why. Perhaps they didn't want to sound rude and ask you out of nowhere. Still, I'm glad you told me and I'm sorry for the random question." As they reached the table, he pulled out the chair and took his seat. Once he began to look through the menu, he glanced up to see Cocoa staring at him. He wanted to ask, but stopped as it looked like she was staring at his unicorn horn. "Um...is everything okay? Were you staring at my unicorn horn? If you want to know anything, then feel free to ask. I think it's only fair since I asked you about your tail."

She shook her head, "It's none of my business." She answered simply.

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Emerald<3

Now what are we doing?

On to my next job. Or well they're all current

I love how I can gather intelligence on all my enemies for my eventual return. You're still worthless, but you're good for something at least

You're not even real!

By this time I had arrived at the coffee shop. And entered through the back door. My boss was Coffee Mix. "Chrissy you're late! Get to serving and taking orders!" she called out from behind the bar. I couldn't even see what she was doing at the moment, it was just a mess of levitating ingredients

I sighed and headed out, putting on my barista hat and realizing my next order was the blue Unicorn from earlier. 

"Whoa, hello." I coughed surprised as I levitated my pad with the orders and a quill. It was surrounded by a teal magic with black sparks arcing around it. "I'm seeing you a lot today." Placing the quill to the pad, I asked a most important question. "What can I get you two? Would the gentle stallion want to order for the lady?" 

Hot Cocoa smiled sadly, "You know I work here, right?" She asked, crossing her hooves, "I'm not a customer." She gestured around, "In fact, my parents founded this place. For the love of Celestia!"

18 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Emerald<3
Rose hopped up and found a letter next to her, she picked it up and headed to the cafe to read it. She plopped down and said as she kicked up her hind legs and raised a hoof, "Could I please get a coffee over here?" She took her dull knife and cut the letter open and started to read it, hoping that it was a job.

Frustrated from the waiter's cluelessness, she walked over to the mare and levitated a pad and paper, "How would you like that, miss? Hot or iced?"

Edited by Emerald<3

@Emerald<3
Rose looked up and said as she folded up the letter and placed it on the table, "I would like it hot." She was a bit annoyed with herself that she got her hopes up that it was a job. Her father wanted to talk to her and that was it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

She shook her head, "It's none of my business." She answered simply.

Dynamo frowned slightly as he nodded in understanding. He still wanted to explain, but Cocoa had walked away to help another customer. 'I hope she'll be able to return to the table. She was able to tell me about herself. I want to tell her about who I am.' He thought to himself. He didn't know why he thought that, but he felt as if he could trust Cocoa for some reason.

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Oh good, he told you some of his life story. Good luck getting out of that one

I don't need luck. I just don't talk about my past

Nodding along and not interrupting, I finally spoke up. "A sad story, but I'm glad to be your friend of course. I'll help if anyone bullies you here in town. As for the Elements, I kinda knew them. Also not really, but....its complicated. I don't talk about my past. There's only one pony in town who knows it, and let's just say that's the only one I feel comfortable with knowing it right now."

"Speaking of other friends, is your friend here ok? She hasn't said anything."

He looked back to Chrissy and smiled softly with a nod. "Thank you and I'm glad to hear that. I'd be more than happy to be your friend, as well. I want to say that this town if very friendly, but looks can be deceiving. My teacher told me he used to stop by here every now and then. Always telling me that this was one of the most nicest towns he has ever stayed at. Although, I can imagine that's changed over the years. Considering we've lost Princess Twilight and the others." He stayed quiet as he listened to what Chrissy was talking about. "I understand if you don't tell me about your past. Everypony has something they don't ever want to talk about from time to time. That won't stop me from still being your friend. Never forget that, Chrissy." At the mention of one pony knowing who she was, Dynamo could only raise an eyebrow in wonder. "If you don't mind me asking, then who is the pony who knows about you?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)
7 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Emerald<3
Rose looked up and said as she folded up the letter and placed it on the table, "I would like it hot." She was a bit annoyed with herself that she got her hopes up that it was a job. Her father wanted to talk to her and that was it. 

Cocoa smiled, it suddenly slipping when she saw the sad look on the pony's face.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, "I know it's none of my business Ma'am, so I won't ask you what's wrong." She said, "But would you like a hug? It looks like you need one."

Edited by Emerald<3

@Emerald<3
Rose put on a smile and said, "It's alright, just got my hopes up for a job after a few months, instead was my dad, which we left on a sour note months ago." She didn't want to go into more detail than that and placed her knife back into it's hiding spot in her wing.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, reader8363 said:

@Emerald<3
Rose put on a smile and said, "It's alright, just got my hopes up for a job after a few months, instead was my dad, which we left on a sour note months ago." She didn't want to go into more detail than that and placed her knife back into it's hiding spot in her wing.

She smiled in return, "Well, you could always work here." She suggusted, looking to the side and pointing at a flyer, "We're always hiring." She scribbled down the order, "I'll get that right in for you, though."

She trotted away.

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo frowned slightly as he nodded in understanding. He still wanted to explain, but Cocoa had walked away to help another customer. 'I hope she'll be able to return to the table. She was able to tell me about herself. I want to tell her about who I am.' He thought to himself. He didn't know why he thought that, but he felt as if he could trust Cocoa for some reason.

He looked back to Chrissy and smiled softly with a nod. "Thank you and I'm glad to hear that. I'd be more than happy to be your friend, as well. I want to say that this town if very friendly, but looks can be deceiving. My teacher told me he used to stop by here every now and then. Always telling me that this was one of the most nicest towns he has ever stayed at. Although, I can imagine that's changed over the years. Considering we've lost Princess Twilight and the others." He stayed quiet as he listened to what Chrissy was talking about. "I understand if you don't tell me about your past. Everypony has something they don't ever want to talk about from time to time. That won't stop me from still being your friend. Never forget that, Chrissy." At the mention of one pony knowing who she was, Dynamo could only raise an eyebrow in wonder. "If you don't mind me asking, then who is the pony who knows about you?"

Cocoa paused as she nearly passed Dynamo's table, her pad and paper hovering in the air surrounded by a light green aura.

"Sorry I got a little grumpy back there." She frowned, rubbing the back of her head, "How about this, Dynamo! Why don't I give you a free cup of my famous hot chocolate on the house." She offered.

1 minute ago, Emerald<3 said:

Cocoa paused as she nearly passed Dynamo's table, her pad and paper hovering in the air surrounded by a light green aura.

"Sorry I got a little grumpy back there." She frowned, rubbing the back of her head, "How about this, Dynamo! Why don't I give you a free cup of my famous hot chocolate on the house." She offered.

As Cocoa passed by his table, Dynamo was one again surprised by the kind offer. "Thank you, but I've been given a free drink and cake. This time, I'll make sure to pay for the famous hot chocolate." He chuckled as he nodded in understanding. "How about when you have free time, or once you're done work, then I'll tell you about what happened to my unicorn horn. I still want to answer any question you want to know. Seeing how you answered my question when I can imagine it might have been embarrassing to answer." He says, offering Cocoa a kind, yet caring smile.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

As Cocoa passed by his table, Dynamo was one again surprised by the kind offer. "Thank you, but I've been given a free drink and cake. This time, I'll make sure to pay for the famous hot chocolate." He chuckled as he nodded in understanding. "How about when you have free time, or once you're done work, then I'll tell you about what happened to my unicorn horn. I still want to answer any question you want to know. Seeing how you answered my question when I can imagine it might have been embarrassing to answer." He says, offering Cocoa a kind, yet caring 

She thought about his offer, "Well, only if you're sure. I don't want to make you say anything that makes you uncomfortable." She scribbled down his drink order and winked to be silly, "And don't think you'll be denying this once in a lifetime offer, Dynamo. That's what friends are for!"

1 minute ago, Emerald<3 said:

She thought about his offer, "Well, only if you're sure. I don't want to make you say anything that makes you uncomfortable." She scribbled down his drink order and winked to be silly, "And don't think you'll be denying this once in a lifetime offer, Dynamo. That's what friends are for!"

He nodded to help reassure Cocoa that he was okay with talking about his past. He knew it would be uncomfortable to talk about, but he knew he could trust both her and Chrissy. He knew he could trust Aerion, as well. "I promise that I'm sure." He chuckled at how silly she was being, but he smiled nonetheless. "Okay, but I still want to pay. If I don't, then I'll be getting used to getting free things. My mom and dad didn't raise me to be a freeloader." He chuckled once more at his poor pun of a joke, but his chuckling slowly ceased as Cocoa too, had called him a friend. Back then and even now, the word friend felt foreign to him. He knew he would be retelling his past, but in better detail if he could. Hearing that he had friends not long after he got into town had given him a warmth feeling in his heart. "You're right about that." He stated softly, before closing his eyes and grinning widely. "That's what friend are for!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

Hot Cocoa smiled sadly, "You know I work here, right?" She asked, crossing her hooves, "I'm not a customer." She gestured around, "In fact, my parents founded this place. For the love of Celestia!"

I bowed rather heavily and stood there dumbfounded for a couple of minutes.

You're an idiot. Retarded really

Stop laughing! I can hear you cackling in my head and it hurts

You're pathetic and worthless, and I won't stop laughing until I'm done

I groaned and collapsed a bit on my front hooves, the loud laughing in my head really bothering me. I finally got up when she came back. "I'm very sorry about this. I'm only a part timer and not here all the time. I was summoned to help out."

If she wanted to fire me or her her parents to fire me, I wouldn't make a scene. I deserved it

33 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I heard what he was saying earlier, but I was too much in a stupor to respond. I finally turned to him to answer his question with one of my own. "Have you heard of Starlight Glimmer? She's been helping me with a magic related problem I have."

I groaned visibly again as the Chrysalis in my head gave one final loud cackle and I had to lean on the table to steady myself, dropping the pad and paper from my telekinetic grip. My vision flashed an unearthly green for a moment, but I quickly turned away

"Oh no. It might be better if I clock out and go somewhere to lie down."

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I heard what he was saying earlier, but I was too much in a stupornto respond. I finally turned to him to answer his question with one of my own. "Have you heard of Starlight Glimmer? She's been helping me with a magic related problem I have."

I groaned visibly again as the Chrysalis gave one final loud cackle and I had to lean on the table to steady myself, dropping the pad and paper. My vision flashed an unearthly green for a moment, but I quickly turned away

"Oh no. It might be better if I clock out and go somewhere to lie down."

At the mention of her question, the blue unicorn nodded slightly as the named familiar. "I think I know who you're talking about. The name does ring a bell." He suddenly gasped as the name came back to him. "Oh! Starlight Glimmer! She was once Princess Twilight's pupil. I've heard a bit about her, but I haven't met her personally. She does sound like a nice and caring pony, in my opinion." He wanted to continue talking, but stopped as he saw Chrissy lean against the table, while looking to be unwell. "Are you going to be okay, Chrissy? Do you need any help? Maybe we can go to the hospital if you're really not feeling well." He says, getting up out of his chair and placing a caring hoof upon her shoulder. "I can help you walk if you're up to walk. Remember you said we're friends, so I won't just go and abandon you, Chrissy."

Rose looked at the flyer and thought about it. With her magic, it would be possible to give them all out efficiently, but she could stand on her hind legs. She couldn't decide whether or not to take the job. With Equestria being peaceful, it should be an easy decision, but why isn't it? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

At the mention of her question, the blue unicorn nodded slightly as the named familiar. "I think I know who you're talking about. The name does ring a bell." He suddenly gasped as the name came back to him. "Oh! Starlight Glimmer! She was once Princess Twilight's pupil. I've heard a bit about her, but I haven't met her personally. She does sound like a nice and caring pony, in my opinion." He wanted to continue talking, but stopped as he saw Chrissy lean against the table, while looking to be unwell. "Are you going to be okay, Chrissy? Do you need any help? Maybe we can go to the hospital if you're really not feeling well." He says, getting up out of his chair and placing a caring hoof upon her shoulder. "I can help you walk if you're up to walk. Remember you said we're friends, so I won't just go and abandon you, Chrissy."

I will return! You are nothing! You will be the vessel of my return! Submit!

I groaned as I turned around and leaned on Dynamo for support to steady myself. Chrysalis was cackling and putting me down, attempting to assert herself. I was holding her back as much as I could

"Thank.... you.... Dynamo." I said this between heaving breaths and groans. "We must visit Starlight...... Right..... Now. She will know what to do!" I put my hooves around him. "Just hold on to your lunch! This......might......be........" I didn't finish that sentence, as I backed us away from the others. "Just trust me........" I let out another pained groan

My horn glowed a dark green energy as we crackled with shadow energy and just vanished out of existence for a moment. Poof! Teleport!

~*~*~

And then we reappeared in the Friendship Map chamber. Or rather what used to be it, right where Starlight was nearby. She would know what's going on and would ask Dynamo to wait outside.

I needed half of my Dark Magic level removed and discharged. Moments from being discovered as not quite a pony, I groaned and spoke "Starlight! It's that time of the month! Please......"

I collapsed at her hooves, crackling with Dark Magic as I fought to control it long enough to allow her to help me. All I could do was fight to keep my white Unicorn form whole, but I couldn't move or speak anymore

Edited by Lektra Bolt

@Lektra Bolt

Starlight Glimmer stared at the pony in horror, which quickly became determination, "Of course. Just hold still for a bit, you know the drill." She leaned down and pressed her horn against his back, sucking the black magic out of him, her horn glowing brighter and brighter as the spell took a lot of magic energy out of her.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I will return! You are nothing! You will be the vessel of my return! Submit!

I groaned as I turned around and leaned on Dynamo for support to steady myself. Chrysalis was cackling and putting me down, attempting to assert herself. I was holding her back as much as I could

"Thank.... you.... Dynamo." I said this between heaving breaths and groans. "We must visit Starlight...... Right..... Now. She will know what to do!" I put my hooves around him. "Just hold on to your lunch! This......might......be........" I didn't finish that sentence, as I backed us away from the others. "Just trust me........" I let out another pained groan

My horn glowed a dark green energy as we crackled with shadow as well and just vanished out of existence for a moment. Poof! Teleport!

~*~*~

And then we reappeared in the Friendship Map chamber. Or rather what used to be it, right where Starlight was nearby. She would know what's going on and would ask Dynamo to wait outside.

I needed half of my Dark Magic level removed and discharged. Moments from being discovered as not quite a pony, I groaned and spoke "Starlight! It's that time of the month! Please......"

I collapsed at her hooves, crackling with Dark Magic as I fought to control it long enough to allow her to help me. All I could do was fight to keep my white Unicorn form whole, but I couldn't move or speak anymore

@Emerald<3

Dynamo was surprised as he felt Chrissy lean against him, but he nodded in understanding. "You're welcome and try to save your strength. I know the castle is somewhere out of town. It's the tall building one would see when arriving by train. It might take a few minutes, but we should be able to make it there with no trouble." He started, before stopping as he listened to Chrissy's plan. "Huh? What are you...?" He didn't get a chance to finish his question as he felt himself being teleported away with Chrissy.

As he felt himself reappear, Dynamo had collapsed onto the floor. He felt dizzy and slightly sick, but that was because he wasn't used to teleporting with anyone else. He had to admit that he wasn't the best at teleport magic, but it was on his to do list on practicing spells. "I would say warn me the next time you decide to teleport, but you are feeling unwell. So, it can't be helped." He shook his head and tried to get his churning stomach under control. After a couple of minutes, he looked up to get a better idea of where he was. It looked to be the Friendship map chamber, or what it used to be. 

As he was about to call for Starlight, said pony was quickly arriving on the scene. "I don't know what was going on, but she was starting to feel unwell. Please, help my friend." He calmly says, before glancing around the room as he looked back to Starlight. "Should I leave, or do you need me to stay? I'm sorry if I'm an uninvited guest, but Chrissy needed my help in getting her to the castle."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Emerald<3
Rose jerked out of her thoughts and said, "Thanks and I will." She pulled out a couple bits and placed them on the table. Then she sipped at her coffee as she debated the options of the job and watched ponies go about their daily lives

• Brohoof 1

Just now, reader8363 said:

@Emerald<3
Rose jerked out of her thoughts and said, "Thanks and I will." She pulled out a couple bits and placed them on the table. Then she sipped at her coffee as she debated the options of the job and watched ponies go about their daily lives

"Great meeting you! Come again!" She called out, grabbing the bits and the dishes before walking into the the kitchen, a single rectangle building with nothing else in it but the kitchen staff and other employees. 

She placed the money in the cash register and placed the dirty dishes in the sink. A hoof was suddenly on her shoulder.

"What are you still doing here?" Tea Leaf, Cocoa's Mother asked.

"Oh, Mama..."

"You only work part time. Why don't you take a break?"

"Nope! I love working here. It's my passion, Mama, you know that."

The party of the wonderbolt reserves was still going strong, and wasn't seem nearing to stop at all and soon the drinks where getting low, but at that moment something else was going on on Tartarus, something was missing

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald<3

No! No! I will not be confined again!

Yes. Yes you will.

I will never be gone. I am part of you. You can't get rid of me. You are soft.

Just shut up and accept that I have friends, and what do you have?

What do I have? I have you, my dear

That's true. I am you, a better you

I need a rest. Talk to me later

I felt Chrysalis receding into my subconscious. I was myself again, for the time being. I stood up on my hooves and shook my head, my long messy teal mane waving around as I headed over to Starlight to hug her

"Thank you Starlight Glimmer for your help with this week's episode. My friend, you should probably send that Dark Magic somewhere safe before it corrupts you." I let go of her and stood up. "I should probably go find Dynamo now, and get out of your way."

I bowed to her. "Know that I am always on your side, even if it might not always look like I am. I may have to do things we both regret, but I try to be good to ponies and changelings."

I then headed out of the room to find Dynamo, bid him farewell for the day, get back to the Cafe to clock out, as well as maybe head off to my next job afterwards

Edited by Lektra Bolt