Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite non-pony species

Moonstarleader10101

I can't just pick one, so I've got several I like for various reasons.

Dragons, because i've been a fan of dragons for a while.

Yaks, because Yona is totally adorable.

Changelings, because being able to shapeshift is badass.

Draconeqqus because Discord is awesome.

I like most of the non-pony species, but these 4 in particular are my most favorite.

• Brohoof 1

Dragons, because they have many fun and well-developed characters. Other than that, Kirin are adorable and Diamond Dogs are a rather interesting concept.

Spoiler

Also, free sheep!

• Brohoof 1

I've always been fond of the griffins! Even since the beginning with that loveable jerk Gilda lol. So many of them have some really, really great character designs, and I find their attitude and economy compared to the rest of Equestria interesting

• Brohoof 1

It's got to be a tie between the Kirin and Changelings. (Both pre and post reformation.) 

I love the Kirin based on not only their design but also the strangeness of their first appearance. No talking or vocal noise of any kind... I loved it especially compared to our talkative main cast.:ph3ar:

And the Changelings also gave me something I'd never seen before. Before A Canterlot Wedding, the show was set up as a bright, fun loving kids show. Though even then it had many elements that I enjoy. But then you get the Changelings. Able to impersonate anypony we see almost perfectly besides memories and personality, of course. And to see all this play out after what came before. I loved it. I definatley and obviously have more nostalgia for the Changelings, which is why they slightly edge out the Kirin, but looking back on it, I love them both equally!:catface:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's REALLY hard to say. I actually like the way some of the species are designed more than the ponies themselves (that's right come at me!).

As pointed out though each species has likable characters. Dragons have Ember, Changelings have Thorax and Ocellus, even the Yaks have Yona.

If I had to choose, I'd say the griffons edge it out for me. It's nothing actually about their appearance or abilities, but I just enjoy their background and rugged nature. Also I can't get enough of this:

Image result for Gabby mlp GIF waiting

I really like the reformed changelings, dragons, and griffins. I would like the dragons more but some of them have incredibly ugly designs. I don’t know why the character designers felt the need to make them hideous.

I know that dragons are supposed to be rough and tough-looking but this... this is just disturbing to look at.

22DE890A-8C46-41E6-BD96-71C48BE5B9BF.jpeg

• Brohoof 1