Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

(edited)

Got it so far, just have a bit of problem with that one. How do you talk to something non visible, everytime I try my thoughts drift of after 5min. How do you know that you are doing it right?

Ah. I'm afraid I can't answer that since I started with the form first. :wacko:

I have heard of plenty of people that say they started on personality first and visualization later, so it is still possible for you to talk to them.

Also, I would like to say this one more time(This ain't directed at you wildcard, but to everyone reading this.) : Read as many guides as you can. Not just one, not a few. Every single one you come across. I know you want me to tell you about this myself, since I appear to have the most experience with them on the entire MLP forums(even if it is only a few hours), but compared to the guides, I have only very little experience in tulpaforcing as these guides are written by people that have had tulpas for a while.

I'm afraid I cannot answer any more of your questions. All that I know about tulpas and tulpaforcing comes mostly from the website or its forums. If you have any questions that are not answered on its site, have a look on the website's forums. And if you still can't find the answer, sign up and ask the question on the forum after you've used the search feature.

Btw, I'm sorry if I sound like a salespony trying to advertise something. *InsertApplebloomSalesponyHere* But honestly, the only thing driving me to share this information with you is my own free will and my fascination of this tulpa doohicky, as I've only found out about all of this about 2 weeks ago.

All in all, I have one last piece of advice to all of you: Please do not rush this. I know, your all excited(I still am.). But please take your time in making a tulpa.

And I urge you all to think about this: Do you want to have this tulpa for quite possibly for the rest of your life(There are guides that can help you get rid of already imposed tulpas.)? Do you want to have this potential best friend forever? If you make them a pony, what if you lose interest with the show, since I'm sure as we all grow old, we will most likely lose interest in the show, and you could have a sentient pony following you for the rest of your life(Well, you can ask them to go away for a little bit if they're bothering you or if you need some privacy.)? It might sound awesome now, but what if over time it ain't so awesome after all?

I just want everyone to understand this could be a big thing in your life(Of course, it won't take away your social life from interacting with real people. I hope.). I just want everypony to understand the pros and cons of this.

Please think about all of this if you're serious about creating a tulpa. I myself have decided that if it somehow becomes a problem later on, then it is no one else's fault but my own. But I got a feeling it will all be worth it in the end.

I wish the very best of luck to all of those that also decide to give this a shot. ;)

I think I'll be starting this at the end of this month. Thanks for introducing me to this, Crepuscule!

No problem! :P

Edited by Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 4

I did actually start making one a few days ago.

I decided it wont be a pony but something similar, her form keeps changing in my head.

I keep getting this weird feeling near the back of my head, which I heard was good(?), and I hope that is the Tulpa...

Also, I keep narrating to it in my head and I'm not sure if I am connecting or not.

And I urge you all to think about this: Do you want to have this tulpa for quite possibly for the rest of your life(There are guides that can help you get rid of already imposed tulpas.)? Do you want to have this potential best friend forever? If you make them a pony, what if you lose interest with the show, since I'm sure as we all grow old, we will most likely lose interest in the show, and you could have a sentient pony following you for the rest of your life(Well, you can ask them to go away for a little bit if they're bothering you or if you need some privacy.)? It might sound awesome now, but what if over time it ain't so awesome after all?

To be honest this is one of the main reason I want to have a tulpa: It doesn't have to look human. I want something that isn't common in real life plus the drawing style is simple, yet can express emotions pretty well(I also prefer 2d over 3d when I make a pony)

I don't think a pony will bother me, my second choice would probably some anime-style OC or something like that

This is a bit strange... I'm only around 7 hours in, but already I feel as if I can't live without my tulpa. I hope that's a good sign...

• Brohoof 1

This is unbelievably interesting. Has anyone on the forums done this and got results?

Well I've been making one for the past 5 days and I feel like I am making great progress.

There is this one spot in my head where it's like I can "feel" this presense. Very interesting, to say the least.

This is a bit strange... I'm only around 7 hours in, but already I feel as if I can't live without my tulpa. I hope that's a good sign...

I feel the exact same way.

I gave in to my curiosity and have begun working on one myself. It took me a while to figure out where I should begin, but I think i've found a good starting point. I've begun by making a journal of first the personality I wish to impart on my Tulpa. Writing down, and fully fleshing out on paper what I want has helped for the whole....imagining it at my Tulpa part.

Can't do it. Splitting my consciousness into more than half hurts Dx Found dæmons (mental constructs that serve as both personality typing and companions by taking the symbolic form of animals) before tulpas. Sometimes my little brain pal will take the form of a pony for fun, though :3

I am going to try it, but do you think it would be as fast while listening to music? Thats what I do at night and i'm just wondering if it will affect how I can create it.

If this this works, it will be amazing.

(edited)

My brother kept pressuring me to tell him why I was just sitting around with my eyes closed lately, so I told him, then he told my dad, who reacted in the exact way I thought he would. He thought this was some sort of demonic invitation ritual. (That's one thing I hate about older Christians: Anything they don't understand, they brand as witchcraft.) Fortunately, I dispelled that myth. That was a close one though, I thought he might forbid me from making my tulpa (How he would stop me from doing it, I don't know, but he would have found a way).

Edited by HylianMadness
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's fascinating that some people here are already getting close to fully creating their tulpa, keep up the good work guys, I wanna know what it's like to have a pony hanging around you :D

Edited by Pegasus25

(edited)

Posted Image

So allow me to simplify it.

Whether fully there or not, I wantz a Dashie to cuddle with in mah bed :3 The end.

Also, seems like it'd be a lot easier to just invent a way for everybody to be able to 100% control what they dream about by putting in commands or thinking about it beforehand, and being able to remember it. I'd rather keep my consciousness in the real world and not screw around with things like this, so that's why I'd always be for being able to go to bed and huggle Dashie instead. Gonna be laying there for 6 to ten hours sleeping anyway. Might as well.

But good luck to everyone trying this.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Posted Image

So allow me to simplify it.

Whether fully there or not, I wantz a Dashie to cuddle with in mah bed :3 The end.

Also, seems like it'd be a lot easier to just invent a way for everybody to be able to 100% control what they dream about by putting in commands or thinking about it beforehand, and being able to remember it. I'd rather keep my consciousness in the real world and not screw around with things like this, so that's why I'd always be for being able to go to bed and huggle Dashie instead. Gonna be laying there for 6 to ten hours sleeping anyway. Might as well.

But good luck to everyone trying this.

Well I'm restarting the tulpa process, this time with a different tulpa that I'm experimenting with, because I've already learned how to lucid dream. (Being aware of your dream state and gain the ability to control it) I haven't really been able to be good friends with the Mane 6 as my dreams have joined together under a single plotline, and I'm currently going through a wild, intense adventure that coninues every night with them.

What's really strange is that in terms of making my tulpa, I'm still very early in the process, yet I can feel the Tulpa being formed and gaining a sense of awareness. It isn't truly sentient, but I feel it watching me. Studying me. Listening to me as I talk to it. (My method is verbally explaining to it the individual aspects of it's personality and eventually it's appearance as it develops and how it fit's into it's own intelligence as a whole. I'm also experimenting, because although it is warned not to base a Tulpa off of a character from a television show, I'm doing it anyway, but giving it the knowledge that it is completely independent of the show version and can deviate as much as it wants away from the character it is based off of.)

I've already had a semi-complete Tulpa before, so I wonder if my brain is already pretty set to create one?

Edited by Brisineo

It's fascinating that some people here are already getting close to fully creating their tulpa, keep up the good work guys, I wanna know what it's like to have a pony hanging around you :D

Implying mine is a Pony.

Actually started trying this in a different way, considering that there's already a little being in my head. Gradually visualizing and slowly, carefully speaking with this tulpa-whatever doesn't exhaust me, so I think I may be able to manage both creation and still speaking with Argento.

Not making a canon character but a filly to serve as support when I'm feeling down. Who knows? It might be a sister-esque relationship or a mother-daughter one, I don't know. But I'm going through some unpleasant times so she may help.

Oh boy, this whole concept seems interesting. I'm just not sure if I have the willpower to commit to projecting an equine manifestation... oh, what the heck, I have a three month vacation.

My brother kept pressuring me to tell him why I was just sitting around with my eyes closed lately, so I told him, then he told my dad, who reacted in the exact way I thought he would. He thought this was some sort of demonic invitation ritual. (That's one thing I hate about older Christians: Anything they don't understand, they brand as witchcraft.) Fortunately, I dispelled that myth. That was a close one though, I thought he might forbid me from making my tulpa (How he would stop me from doing it, I don't know, but he would have found a way).

Oh dear. I apologize if I get you in trouble for this. I think it might be best to try and explain to him what this is all about if he decides to bring it up again, if you haven't already.

Oh dear. I apologize if I get you in trouble for this. I think it might be best to try and explain to him what this is all about if he decides to bring it up again, if you haven't already.

Don't worry dude, I didn't get in trouble, as I stated in my post, I was able to convince him there was nothing wrong with Tulpas and Tulpaforcing. Most of my post was just whining though, so you may not have noticed.

Just wondering how you guys try and contact your tulpas.

I imagine myself with a headset and I put a reciever on the end with the Tulpa consciousness, that's how I narrate things to it. In my head obviously. I'm usually never alone.

I also wrote the letter "K" on my hand so it reminds me to keep in contact.

Just wondering how you guys try and contact your tulpas.

I pretty much created a black void where I'm making my tulpa. As I haven't begun visualization yet (just finished the personality stage today), she's still just a white glowing orb at the moment. Whenever I'm talking to my tulpa, whether it is during tulpaforcing or not, I imagine myself being in this void as I'm talking to her.

(edited)

Implying mine is a Pony.

Well tulpa's in general I should say, I'm interested in knowing what it's like to have an imaginary friend who acts indepedantly of yourself. I don't know if I can do it though, I'd get too attached to the tulpa, but at the same time I'd realize that he or she would never be truly real, which would upset me. That and I don't think I have the attention span........

Edited by Pegasus25

(edited)

This sounds like an interesting concept. The possibilities for a tulpa is vast, and although it seems impossible, if it is possible I'l start reading on it on Saturday, since tomorrow and Friday I won't be able to.

Question, will this be hard if I can't lucid dream? I've tried memonic and MILD methods but they don't work, and I always fall asleep before a WILD dream can occur. Although my dreams have been (rarely) becoming "semi" lucid recently. I am concious during the dreams and can make decisions that affect the dream (although it's hard to do), but I don't realize it's a dream. And during tests will the tulpa be able to help me, or will it just hinder me (since I'm starting college soon, this interests me).

And to visualize a 3D Rainbow Dash (since I have a hard time with visualizing MLP ponies in 3D, especially the face), should I make a folder and gather all my 3D rainbow dash images in there to help me?

-EDIT- Also, can you have 2 or more tulpas at once, and/or modify the tulpas appearance without banishing and remaking one? And if you try to banish one, will it protest?

Edited by RBDash

I know I said I wouldn't answer any more questions but whatever.

Question, will this be hard if I can't lucid dream?

No, anypony is able to do this. All you need is time.

And to visualize a 3D Rainbow Dash (since I have a hard time with visualizing MLP ponies in 3D, especially the face), should I make a folder and gather all my 3D rainbow dash images in there to help me?

That sounds like a good idea. Visualizing the face clearly is usually the hardest part of this stage.

Will the tulpa be able to help me, or will it just hinder me (since I'm starting college soon, this interests me).

I imagine if you give her the trait to be a helpful person/pony, she would help you in tests with memory, but I'm not sure about problem solving.

Also, can you have 2 or more tulpas at once, and/or modify the tulpas appearance without banishing and remaking one?

Yes, you can have as many as you mind can handle. But most people with multiple tulpas say it can put a lot on your mind the more tulpas you have with you. If you want more than one tulpa, just hang around with one tulpa for a while until you're ready for another.

As for changing appearance after imposing them on reality, I'm not sure. I have heard of people say their tulpa changed their own appearance all by themselves. I'm not sure if this is something you can force after they're imposed on reality. I dunno.

And if you try to banish one, will it protest?

Not sure. If I were a betting man - maybe. If you have a good reason, the tulpa may understand, but that depends if your tulpa is well behaved. If it isn't well behaved for some reason, it may protest, but I dunno.

I've begun to notice that when I attempt to narrate I become very...emotional. I'm not truly feeling sad or upset in any way, but my eyes tend to get foggy and a bit teary. I'm not certain if this is due to nerves of trying something so...new, or if it is something else.

I've begun to notice that when I attempt to narrate I become very...emotional. I'm not truly feeling sad or upset in any way, but my eyes tend to get foggy and a bit teary. I'm not certain if this is due to nerves of trying something so...new, or if it is something else.

I think that's a good sign, according to the site.