Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Heya, been a long wh-  AND SOMEBEINGS NOT BEEN PRACTICING THEIR TULPA-BLABBITY DOO STUFF!

...I was getting to that, Widdershins. 

Been a lot to deal with for a while now. New job, new place to live and stress has been getting to me... so I haven't really been... "letting him out to play."

But I've done some further research though.

There's Chaos Magic, as an actual, like, thing. See, There be three classifications as a sort of Thoughtform.

There's the Sigils, which are almost entirely symbolic. A representation intended to be a task. Like a "this is how I see this idea." And that, is likely what I classify the heads of my hydra as. Entities, sure, but purely symbolic.

Then there's Servitors, which comes close to what a tulpa seems to be. Where you take a quality of yourself & symbolize it into a form which you can then interact with. Such as an example of "this is how I would look if I succeded at this thing I want to do." Or, really, pretty much any Persona kids these days make. 

I feel like Tulpas exist between this & the next rank, that of the Eregore. Eregores being a entity fully conceptualized by others. Like brand symbols of major businesses like the Nike Swoosh or Ronald McDonald. Everybody knows they don't actually exist... but they have an existence of a sort that most everyone does agree on despite that.

...as much as Widdershins would like the fame of being an Eregore… think I won't allow that. Ever.

I shall FEAST upon the MINDS of the mortals! Bwa-hah! Evil n' Stuff! Michael Ledbetter!!

But heck, I've been trying. Been getting into meditation. I can see Widdershins circling around my head sometimes, all floaty like a chinese dragon. It likes his longform! But all the same, he's been fuzzy as of lately. Especially when stressed. Like... a kind of spiritual guide I can have around when I relax enough to feel my third eye/mind chakra opening up.

Solumn I definitely classify as a Servitor. (a title he sure likes) He's sort of a wadding-up of my negative emotions that comes & goes as he pleases. A way for me to kinda confront myself with. But he still has his personality, as he is kind of adorable playing with Widd. 

Guess that's the important thing about Tulpas. They want the best for you! Guess Widdershins really is my conscience!   ….which... knowing him, makes me feel a bit nauseous!

Well, if you actually exercised me more often!!  ...or yourself! That'd help! But nooo~ just cause I haven't physical form! Tah, mortals! Always concerned with the "Proper Ways!" Hee!

...We are SO looking into that "Possession" thing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:22 PM, Naiya The Brony said:

There are still other factors to consider as well, like soulbonds, NPC's and just plain old imaginary friend. Thoughtforms can linger in your mind created through memory or from character. Tulpas can fall into one of this condition.

How I differentiate tulpa from the rest is that they can possess your body and can switch with you. I am not sure if soulbonds can possess or switch with you but if that thoughtform you conjured deviated from it's "original" state and continues to deviate, then i think you have yourself a tulpa. I think possession and switching is only unique to tulpas

If they follow the same personality as to a similar character from a show or story and can't deviate from it or even change its form then it is a soulbond.

If it is a thoughtform that just there because it needs to be there due to a specific event you imagined then it is an NPC.

If it is a character you talked to, with conversation you've pictured will happen then it might be just an imaginary friend.

Not sure if these are accurate but that's only my take.

I understand that there are other factors to consider. However, I have done just that. I do have multiple :grin:

• 11 months later...

Felina: Hello everyone. My goodness, this thread seems like it's been pretty dormant. I'm DK's newest addition. My name is Felina and I'm a Primarina. Heh, that actually rhymed. Anyway, Chica's a mother now and she's got a little one DK and her named Chiquita. 

Chiquita: H-hey evweyone...wow...dis pwace is huge...

Gilda: It sure is Chiquita. 

Chica: But it really hasn't changed that miuch

Cadence: Yea, you're right Chica. I really feels the same. I really hope this thread will be revived...

Spitfire: I hope so too. 

Welp, that's the whole troop for ya. We've just been living life and going with the flow...hope to see more people come back here. 

• Brohoof 1

I've engaged in a bit of tulpamancy~ 

I have a cute tulpa named Noel whos helped me a lot by being there for me these past few years! I don't use magick much these days but she's a constant in my life and I love her

• 2 years later...

It's been a while since I've visited here again. As we reached Cherry's birthday, might probably a good idea to visit memory lane.

Such Humble beginnings and oh how far have I, we've grown or come. Nostalgia is a very powerful feeling almost enough to make me cry. Happy Halloween everyone!

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...