Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

The worst scenario I've come across was something along the lines of:

'Tulpa wanting to have sex with you 24/7.'

Wait...you can have sex with your tulpa? o_O

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sounds interesting. I'll try it. My parents already think I'm weird, but this is just gonna go way beyond weird. They'll pop in my room and see me talking to nothing. Then they'll probably have me committed...

Edited by HylianMadness

There is no 'right' way to do it. For some people visualizing the body first might be comfortable for some people, and for some personality to come first. It's entirely up to you.

For me, I think it might be easier to do personality first. But again, it's up to you. Read as many of the guides as you can if you're serious about making a tulpa. If you read the guides you will get a better idea how this all works.

I did read the guides and it really helps. One thing about making a main character what if you made it's personality that it loves itself but still cares for others so that even if it did see it's own self it still only thinks that it only wants to be itself and not anything like the original how do you think that would work.

I did read the guides and it really helps. One thing about making a main character what if you made it's personality that it loves itself but still cares for others so that even if it did see it's own self it still only thinks that it only wants to be itself and not anything like the original how do you think that would work.

Again, I'm not an expert on this, so I really have no idea.

Wait...you can have sex with your tulpa? o_O

:BadPokerface.jpg:

...It's... apparently possible, but very unlikely. Of course it would be very different from real sex. For starters, the tulpa is a hallucination, so there's no solidity. But since you can detect your tulpa through all 5 senses - Even touch (But again, no solidity, so you will still pass through them.) - You can apparently very slightly feel them so ...Yes, it is indeed possible to have sex with them.

But it really depends what personality you give your tulpa over whether or not the tulpa will actually agree to do this with you. And remember, not everyone treats their tulpa as a wife/husband - some might treat them like a son, daughter, brother, whatever.

The few people that have tried this say that it feels like a wet napkin. I would explain more, but I don't feel this is the place for it.

Also, here's something else that might help you lot. It's a bunch of links to more guides and blogs about people that track their progress of creating a tulpa. (Link is very slightly NSFW due to minor amounts of swearing at the bottom of the page, but that's all.)

Protip: if you guys want to try and create a tulpa, it's apparently a bad idea to have one that is a really fleshed out character from a cartoon, like Fluttershy or Twilight Sparkle. But something like Vinyl Scratch or Lyra or even an OC would be OK. The reason for this is apparently, if the tulpa sees a picture of itself, or a video of themselves, it will create some sorts of identity issues or something along those lines, but it is still possible to make a Fluttershy/Twilight/Whatever tulpa, you'll just need to take a precaution or two to make sure it doesn't get confused with its identity.

So if like, I wanted to make a Rarity Tulpa...what should I do so it doesn't get confused with who it is?

I was reading the guides and I didn't see anything like that...

So if like, I wanted to make a Rarity Tulpa...what should I do so it doesn't get confused with who it is?

I was reading the guides and I didn't see anything like that...

You just need to tell it at some point a little bit early in the personality phase that it is allowed to deviate from what you are aiming for them to be.

Deviate means:

"Certain variations and alterations that occur to a tulpa's personality and form during creation, seemingly against or independent of your own conscious will." - Says the Tulpa.info Glossary

Meaning that at some point, your tulpa might suddenly change it's appearance slightly against your own will.

Apparently this is something that might happen at least a few times.

If you try and base them off a fleshed out character like Rarity, it might not be exactly Rarity in the end. Her personality might be slightly different, or she might look a bit different. She might not even look like her at all in the end. This is because it is what your subconscious wants to see, regardless of what your conscious wants them to be.

Or it could look exactly like her in the end, as I said, I'm not an expert on this.

Here's a topic I found floating the website's forums that talks about this a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Immediately I thought of this. . .

post-4823-0-74068500-1338516364_thumb.jpg

This is a very interesting concept because I believe I almost achieved it once by accident. Started from a vivid dream; a dragon born from my subconscious that met with me when my conscious and subconscious interact, which is a dream. Eventually I was able to somewhat visualize him and talk to him openly, but over time I lost sight of him more easily, and eventually he vanished entirely except for a few isolated cases where I would see him when I absolutely needed him. I had no knowledge of tulpas during that time so I had no idea how to bring him back.

I've wondered if you could have more than one tulpa, or would that drive you insane/be impossible?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have trained a bit of luzid dreaming which in the end didn't make me aware that I am dreaming, but made my dreams very real and lifelike. Sometimes when I wake up I don't even know I have been dreaming and when I have a pony dream it feels real for me. So I am quite interessted in that Tulpa thing so I can interact with ponies all day :)

The only thing I am worried about is the control over it. For example when I am drunk or in a state I can't control my mind completely, how likely will it be that I start talking with ponies?

And last but not least. What must I do to make one?

Edited by Wildcard

Is this in any way dangerous? I mean, I know it'll just be in my imagination, but I've seen numerous articles advising readers to stay away from Tulpas.

(edited)

I'll just leave this here. For humor and as a cautionary tale.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25sa3xh.png

A weeeeee bit over the line to embed.

Oh god

Posted Image

It's like being assaulted by your own shadow

Edit: After a bit searching and whatnot, I found this image

Posted Image

Anyone kind enough to explain what those fancy words means?

Edited by Weyland
  • Brohoof 1

I've wondered if you could have more than one tulpa, or would that drive you insane/be impossible?

You certainly can have as many as you want. But I believe the more you have, the harder it will be to impose them all in reality.

The only thing I am worried about is the control over it. For example when I am drunk or in a state I can't control my mind completely, how likely will it be that I start talking with ponies?

And last but not least. What must I do to make one?

1) I dunno, I have heard a couple of people say if you get drunk, so will your tulpa. Some say they don't.

2) Here's a list of guides. Try and read as many of them as you can.

Is this in any way dangerous? I mean, I know it'll just be in my imagination, but I've seen numerous articles advising readers to stay away from Tulpas.

The worst that could happen would be that the tulpa will tell you to do things you don't want to do, but they cannot force you or possess you to do so. The most extreme I've heard of is the tulpa telling its host to kill itself, since the tulpa CANNOT physically interact with the world.

But something like this is extremely unlikely, as the tulpa will most likely be aware of the fact that if it annoys or tells the host(You) to do things you don't want to do, it would basically be shooting itself in the foot, since it needs your attention to survive.

Tulpas are smart, they won't tell you to do things like that. And there are guides around that can tell you how to get rid of it if it were to come to that. But I can be almost 100% sure that the tulpa will be friendly and will only want what is best for you. Killing yourself won't be on that list.

Can I use a Tulpa to cheat on math tests? :P

You indeed can, and often time people say their tulpas are very accurate with your memories.

---

Speaking of memories, Your tulpa will have access to all your memories, and it's best you allow it access to your memories so there are no secrets between you two.

"*GASP* But I have... enjoyed/accidentally seen naughty memories of the character that my tulpa is going to be before they became a tulpa. How will it react to them?" :blush:

...Yes, even allow the naughty ones of your tulpa even if you... liked them like that before they became a tulpa. (Like if you make your tulpa as your more than favourite character/pony, or even your 'waifu'.) But don't worry if you do have memories of them like that, they will most likely understand why you are who you are if you like those memories of them, as long as you tell them early in the sentience stage that you love them, just to warn them.

If you have accidentally seen naughty stuff of them, but you don't like seeing them like that, then they'll understand that you don't like them like that.

But in all honesty, I don't know how the tulpa will react to all of this. But I'm pretty sure he/she won't fall out with you over something like this if you didn't warn them, even if you... liked those memories.

You indeed can, and often time people say their tulpas are very accurate with your memories.

Yeah, I read about it a little bit yesterday. There was a guy who read an entire book, and after asking his Tulpa it said it remembered every single word!

Dang, I gotta try this out..

I guess it wouldn't matter to me even if it was dangerous... I'm too far in to quit now.

good god! the psychology loving fiend side of me wants to do this so bad...but...It seems like a ton of time for something with...little impact. I may give this a shot...maybe.

If anyone has done it I need advice with the personality forcing. What exactly are you telling to the non existant Tulpa. Also if somepony could send me a PM with character traits of Twilight it'd be awesome. I really suck in analysing personality and find it hard to even write a character sheet for myself :/
  • Brohoof 1

If anyone has done it I need advice with the personality forcing. What exactly are you telling to the non existant Tulpa. Also if somepony could send me a PM with character traits of Twilight it'd be awesome. I really suck in analysing personality and find it hard to even write a character sheet for myself :/

As I have said, I'm only about 3 hours in, but since I seem to have the most experience with them on this entire forum, I'll try my best.

Basically, imagine them and, in your mind, say to them like: "You're smart/kind/whatever." And tell them about that trait, why you want them to be like that, why they are like that, ect. Talk about that trait in some way.

Work on each trait for about 15 mins. Try and give them at least 10 traits, but the more you give them, the better. The more time you spend on making your tulpa, the better the outcome.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you with a character sheet for Twilight, but you could try to google it and see what you get.

For visualization, you basically need to see them slowly being created, from the ground up if you can. You most likely have a basic idea of what they look like, but you need to watch them SLOWLY be created, to try and take in as much detail of them as you can. It doesn't have to be from the ground up, but it can be better for some people to imagine more simple body parts first like hooves/feet, as visualizing the face can be difficult for some people thanks to the fact that the face has a lot of features. You need to imagine them in as much detail as you can, the texture of the skin/fur, how their hair/mane feels in your fingers, ect.

Also, DON'T imagine them replying to you whenever you say something to them. Imagining them replying to you is what's called 'parroting'. What you need them to do is for them to talk on their own, without you thinking about it. I know this might sound confusing. "How are you meant to imagine them talking without thinking about it? That sounds impossible." I think what you need to do is let your subconscious take over the tulpa.

Your subconscious is what your brain imagines when you aren't meaning to think about it. Like for example, if your thinking of something dirty, and then you realize what your thinking is wrong, and you go: "Eww! Why did I think of that?!" That dirty thought is a subconscious thought. Another example of subconscious thinking is breathing, when we breath in and out, we almost never really think about it, we just do it. So, in a VERY basic sense, you need to think about the tulpa so much that you basically re-wire your brain's subconscious to your tulpa, so you don't need to think about what they do. It's also said about 90% of the average persons thoughts are subconscious ones.

It isn't just them talking to you that they could do on their own, they could move around on their own, react emotionally when you do something, not just say something.

For beginners, you might often parrot for your tulpa's actions. For a recap on parroting: parroting is what happens when you imagine your tulpa doing something because you imagined them doing so, rather than on their own. This is often said to be bad, and can hinder the creation of the tulpa. The objective is to imagine them not responding to when you talk to them, until eventually they do something on their own without you imagining them doing so.

This is said to first happen at around about 30 to 50 hours in, but for all I know it could take as long as 60 hours, or maybe just 10 hours. I really don't know about that, but some people say that if you have a vivid imagination, and already used it a lot in things like daydreaming and stuff before you started working on a tulpa, that's said to be good, and might help complete the tulpa a bit early than some people that don't.

• Brohoof 8

As I have said, I'm only about 3 hours in, but since I seem to have the most experience with them on this entire forum, I'll try my best.

Basically, imagine them and, in your mind, say to them like: "You're smart/kind/whatever." And tell them about that trait, why you want them to be like that, why they are like that, ect. Talk about that trait in some way.

Got it so far, just have a bit of problem with that one. How do you talk to something non visible, everytime I try my thoughts drift of after 5min. How do you know that you are doing it right?