Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Interesting, I've actually been reading up on this lately and I started tulpaforcing a few days ago.

I'm still confused on one thing: when describing personalities, do you say them objectively or do you directly talk to your tulpa? (i.e. saying "she is" versus "you are")

Try to talk directly to her. It should help her gain sentience quicker, by acknowledging that she will be her own presence. I don't think you can really screw it up, but others' experiences seem to suggest you'll have to make it up later if you don't talk to them directly at this stage.

(edited)

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but tulpas seriously scare me.

As awesome as it would be to have one, I'm afraid that my tulpa would go crazy, drive me crazy, kill me, or cause me to kill someone else.

Are my fears rational? I'll admit they are based off of "Tulpa" the creepypasta, but it just seems like a thing the tulpas could really do!

Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but tulpas seriously scare me.

As awesome as it would be to have one, I'm afraid that my tulpa would go crazy, drive me crazy, kill me, or cause me to kill someone else.

Are my fears rational? I'll admit they are based off of "Tulpa" the creepypasta, but it just seems like a thing the tulpas could really do!

They aren't physical beings...they cannot kill you. You can get rid of them. You'll still be able to think for yourself, so there's no reason to be afraid.

That was a pretty good pasta, by the way.

(edited)

My tulpa is very interesting. I don't know why or how, but I think my tulpa is gaining sentience faster than normal. Now, hear me out, I'm NOT parroting. I know what that is because I admit that is what happened with my previous semi-tulpa. It's not sentient to the point of communication, but I'm beginning to feel it's, or should I say, her emotions. She at least gives me the impression that she is listening intently to the things I tell her, and is paying very close attention to me as I create of her personality/appearance.

I'm only a few days in too. It's strange. . . Like the guide says, the thoughts are alien. . . But it says that I'm nowhere near that point. I even seem to feel her critiquing me as I add on to the tulpa.

Maybe it's because I started off with an unorthodox method? Talking with her audibly with a sense to encourage self-awareness at a very early stage, along with very high intelligence as one of her personality traits? I don't know, but it both intrigues me and confuses me. :wacko:

Edited by Brisineo

They aren't physical beings...they cannot kill you. You can get rid of them. You'll still be able to think for yourself, so there's no reason to be afraid.

That was a pretty good pasta, by the way.

Still that creepypasta...

I love it too Celestia-damned much! I can never get it off of my mind when ever I think about tulpas so I'm afraid if I make one, it'll turn out all messed up.

It's kind of a childish fear, but it's one I legitimately have.

I love it too Celestia-damned much! I can never get it off of my mind when ever I think about tulpas so I'm afraid if I make one, it'll turn out all messed up.

It would be your own fault it turned out evil if you made one.

You get out of it what you put in.

Bad thoughts = bad tulpa and vice-versa.

If you gave it all nice and good traits...say "kind" and "caring" what makes you think it would be evil?

• Brohoof 1

Chigens, why is it that you can make me understand with one comment?

My reactions line for line:

It would be your own fault it turned out evil if you made one.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of!

You get out of it what you put in.

wut.jpeg

Bad thoughts = bad tulpa and vice-versa.

Oh, wait...

If you gave it all nice and good traits...say "kind" and "caring" what makes you think it would be evil?

I am so dumb.

I was thinking that bad thoughts about things in general would make a bad tulpa. I failed to realize that you had to put the badness into them. I don't even know why that's what I thought.

*facehoof*

If I ever do get a tulpa, I would like to apologize now for the stupidity I have.

Chigens, why is it that you can make me understand with one comment?

My reactions line for line:

That's exactly what I'm afraid of!

wut.jpeg

Oh, wait...

I am so dumb.

I was thinking that bad thoughts about things in general would make a bad tulpa. I failed to realize that you had to put the badness into them. I don't even know why that's what I thought.

*facehoof*

If I ever do get a tulpa, I would like to apologize now for the stupidity I have.

'Cuz I'm all about makin' sense, Bro.

Also, giving it a creepy form causes the Tulpa to act creepy.

Refrain from that.

• Brohoof 2

'Cuz I'm all about makin' sense, Bro.

Also, giving it a creepy form causes the Tulpa to act creepy.

Refrain from that.

lol, Thanks for the advice.

I don't want a creepy tulpa. Celestia, that would be a nightmare...

I don't think I'd be able to handle a non-creepy looking, creepy acting tulpa.

I find the visualization part quite hard. I think I'll be stuck on this stage for many many hours. I actually find it harder visualizing the colors of my tulpa than imagining her 2D form in an 3D environment, which came rather unexpected.

(edited)

I bet you that within no time every brony will be tulpaingtheirr own pony friend

Indeed...

*whispers to self* Mheheheh... my plan is working... and soon... everypony will have a tulpa... and then all of these tulpas will possess their hosts... and then via mind control, I will FINALLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

*Lightning strikes behind me*

*Cough* *Cough* *Ahem*

Oh. Sorry bout that. Uh... carry on. ;)

Edited by Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 8

Indeed...

*whispers to self* Mheheheh... my plan is working... and soon... everypony will have a tulpa... and then all of these tulpas will possess their hosts... and then via mind control, I will FINALLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

*Cough* *Cough* *Ahem*

uhmm *scratches behind head* what?

Indeed...

*Cough* *Cough* *Ahem*

Uh, is that possible? I'm assuming no but...

No, No. I was just kidding obviously. Tulpas can't possess you, It's just that It's often used in creepypastas. :wacko:

Sorry if I scared you. :(

Probably the same creepypasta that's making me so apprehensive of making a tulpa.

Don't worry though, I forgive you!

Tulpas are nothing more than a thought process. They can't kill you, and unless you're a simple-minded muppet, they can't make you kill someone.

The only time a Tulpa would actually recommend harming another person is if it is like them to say that, meaning it's a part of their personality. But then again, you'd have to be pretty twisted yourself to have a Tulpa that evil, considering you shape it's personality yourself.

I'm having a bit too much fun visualizing my Tulpa's face. (It is admittedly based off of Princess Celestia, but like I said before, I'm experimenting by making sure she KNOWS she is not the show version, and she doesn't have to conform to anything other than what I give her in terms of body and personality) It's rather amusing to see Celestia make funny faces at me, and it helps give me a really good overall idea of how the face is shaped and is supposed to work.

I think my childish fear based off of a random person's story meant to be creepy, strange, and frightening may be fading.

If your scared of it, then that means it's done its job. Don't take them seriously. If you ever read another one, just watch some Pinkie Pie's Smile song or something. Makes you feel like a complete and utter boss afterwards.

Man, all this pasta is making people sick!

Joking aside, I'm about an hour and a half in, and I'm still not getting any response. However, I feel more relaxed than I have in a while when tulpaforcing.

I'm about an hour and a half in, and I'm still not getting any response.

Don't expect any responses for a LOOONG time, dude. Just focus on building the body for now.

On another note, do any of you have an idea of what a pony should smell like? I definitely don't want my tulpa to smell like a real horse, because, well... they smell like a giant walking turd. So what should an MLP pony smell like?

Don't expect any responses for a LOOONG time, dude. Just focus on building the body for now.

On another note, do any of you have an idea of what a pony should smell like? I definitely don't want my tulpa to smell like a real horse, because, well... they smell like a giant walking turd. So what should an MLP pony smell like?

I'll make mine smell like roses and sunshine. If you're making a lifelong friend (that doesn't sound mentally healthy ^_^), you might as well enjoy its smell. Same with its texture, you would want to really like it.