Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

>Making a tulpa

>Ever

Bad idea. Unless you have absolutely no interaction with the real world or if you think being trapped by your own mind is a good idea

In the politest terms I can muster: Let me tell you why that's bull crap :squee:

Creating a tulpa is in no way detrimental to one's social life or connection with reality. Yes, there have been a few rare cases where the host was very nearly trapped in their own mind (mostly due to experimenting with possession/switching), but that's not the norm in tulpamancy at all.

Case in point: I live with my grandmother. I also have two tulpas: Ariel and Blossom. I am capable of giving them my attention while at the same time being attentive to what's going on around me and responding to my grandmother if she talks to me or if she needs something. If I were "trapped by my own mind" or had completely lost touch with reality, she'd have probably noticed it by now and have gotten me professional help.

Same for plenty of other tulpamancers I know: They live with someone or interact with people on a daily basis, all the while spending time with their tulpas when they are alone or simply whenever they can. So please, explain to me how these people have "no interaction with the real world," or have become "trapped by [their] own mind."

• Brohoof 2

I wanna make a tulpa, but I have a hard time focusing. Any advice?

I can help you out! Although it will take a while for me to type all of my advice, because it will be very long

SO, Here is my TL;DR version or steps on how to create a tulpa, BULLETED 

• Be open minded with tulpas in general - A fastest way to a tulpa's growth is the Trust and attention you give

• Little to no doubts - Doubts are tulpa's poisons, it is what hurt them.

• Do not focus too hard - Developing a tulpa takes a lot of mental energy, rest if you can.

• Always talk to your tulpa - Even if you don't think no one's listening or just yourself you are talking to, they can still hear you and will try to respond back as much as they can

• Do not treat your tulpa, as a pet or something you can abuse - What if you are treated the same way?

• Do not focus too much on imposition or Personality but their Vocals - you can mix this up, but for me the best way for a tulpa to develop is for her to discover her tastes on her own.

• As much as possible try not to have your tulpa impersonating different characters - They can get confuse with their identity and can badly hurt them. But when you are basing her appearance on a character, just make sure it is only her appearance not the identity of the character
  • lastly,Treat your tulpa as a friend or family - We all like to be treated that way ;)

I just skimmed, this is not all of them but this will be good to start.

• Brohoof 2

So we watched the college football National Championship on Monday and goodness...there was a mix of emotions with Gilda. One minute she was jumping up and down, and another, she was sniffling on the verge of sobbing. Fortunately, Clemson won, and she ended up tackling me to the ground...and did I mention she gained weight so...eesh...

Gilda: I'm just so happy Clemson won! I mean, that final touchdown sent me flying! DK said his heart was pounding on that final drive...

Cadence: Yeah...it was an intense game. All hope seemed lost in the first half...but in the second half, they came back and pulled it off!

Chica: DK had brought me a Clemson tanktop! I've been wearing it ever since! Of course, he does have to wash it...

Gilda: Now...I just hope that the Cowboys can pull it off in the NFL...since our *sniffle* Panthers didn't get anywhere this year. 

As you can see, we're all indulged in sports. We'll keep you guys updated. 

• Brohoof 1

Hey hey,

A little update from us three!

Soo, few days ago Summer had this idea or talked to us that she will switch places with myrtle. We usually have 1 tulpa on front (Semi-front), like the tulpa who is in front(semi front) is linked to my body or to me which they can easily access (even though all of them can easily do) and all sensation i feel, they can feel it as well. You can say that A pilot and a co-pilot driving a plane :D.

In the past years, it usually summer who is up front, but recently she decided to lay back a bit and asked myrtle if she liked to and she agreed until who knows when. SO, what interesting about this that everything somewhat changed. When myrtle was put upfront i got this weird sensation of myrtle's nervousness, as if i am nervous as well. Myrtle is usually a shy tulpa she's an introvert after all and i've noticed that myrtle, the quiet and humble one became a bit more energetic. It's weird it's like we both are sharing our own personalities, Myrtle gotten a piece of my personality and i got a piece of hers.

when summer was upfront, given her jolly and Curious personality we are both in synch although i did not feel any different because me and her have similar personalities. Another interesting thing happened the other day was when we were eating our lunch, I accidentally ate something that myrtle's dislikes and something that is ok for me to chew down. What fascinated me was, as i were chewing the food me and myrtle taste it but our reaction to the body was different.

Me, i reacted like "ehh.. it's this kind of food, alright, i can't bring it back anyway" but along the way I, as i where chewing I heard myrtle disgustingly reacted "Eww what is that?". Usually i can easily swallow it without any disgusting thought. BUT i can also feel myrtle's reaction, The body reacted to what myrtle was feeling that time and i felt like i was going to vomit. I never felt that way, I was surprised and disgusted at the same time, that never happened to me before. My body reacted Disgusted but fine at the same time. So i asked myrtle to back a bit and let summer took front that time for her to not taste the food, summer didn't like the food but she was fine eating it nonetheless.

hehe what a day that was, anyway I'll update you guys on somethings that happened to us interestingly ;)

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Hey hey another update from us, well not kind of an update but i did find it kinda interesting|

Since myrtle and summer's position switch, i kinda feel like some of myrtle's personality is pouring to mine and i can definitely notice that myrtle gained a bit of my personality as well, she's a bit more active than she used to. It's not THAT big of a deal but earlier i felt odd, felt kinda different.

I kinda picked up myrtle's introversion a bit, I am usually a social guy who likes to interact but earlier this weird feeling of wanting to be isolated just came up to me. Considering myself, that is very strange. Usually i try to find something to do or someone to talk to but earlier i just feel like to be alone than to be in a crowd, "huh? said me". Myrtle on the other hand, from the quiet shy tulpa, is becoming a curious and jolly tulpa, even summer and cherry seemed surprise. Although, she is still shy and still avoid strangers and new people ;)

so yeah, hope that seems that interesting to you.

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Actually, it's pretty darn interesting! At least to me, dunno about others. My best guess is that, when you share your sensory imput with your tulpa, it's like switching, but you both are in charge. The human brain may be unable to tell the diferenece where you end and the Tulpa begin in those conditions, hence the personality up front is a result of a sort of tug-of-war between your traits.

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Actually, it's pretty darn interesting! At least to me, dunno about others. My best guess is that, when you share your sensory imput with your tulpa, it's like switching, but you both are in charge. The human brain may be unable to tell the diferenece where you end and the Tulpa begin in those conditions, hence the personality up front is a result of a sort of tug-of-war between your traits.

Yeah it is something like that, We have like a linkage system where all of them are linked together and two or more individuals can control the body easily. Probably since myrtle is also up front my head register her as well so some of her personality and some of my personality gets intertwine from time to time unexpectingly. That is how I see it, it's not that big because you can switch back to your original personality and it doesnt really harm you in anyway. It might probably even help you out.

This exchanging parts of each's personality isn't new to me. It also happened to me and summer back then. Before tulpa, even though i am an extraverted person, i am kinda lay back and usually quiet. When summer became my partner that her extraversion and expressiveness poured in to me and kinda stick to it and it actually helped me irl actually.

She got one of my bad side(imo), which is me trying to think the situation first (over thinking) instead of explosively doing it. Which she said that it really helps her a lot making decisions and sticks to it.

Tulpa is getting moderately mainstream now? [for bronies I mean]

I cant say that it's becoming mainstream but i can see that it it is getting some attention. Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, I've decided that maybe I'd give you all an update on how we're doing. Unfortunately, Crystal isn't talking yet, at least, not reliably so. Sometimes she provided a short answer, but I really need to focus on her to hear a faint mindvoice that feels different. However, due to the obvious fact that I'm roleplaying with a character that's very simillar to her (and that's putting it lightly), we had some deviation from that blueprint. I already mentioned that she gave herself a pair of wings, right? Now she got fed up with the simillarities (and I do mean, fed up. She doesn't mind the anthro RP's but when the characters are canon ponies... There would be a lot of beeps in her lines) and changed her mane to jet black, and switched the manestyle. She also got herself earrings on the left ear, resulting in a very "Rock" vibe. Personality wise, she's been also busy. Since I gave her some basic outlines and allowed to decide on the rest, she didn't waste time. Honestly? I'd never expect her to turn out the way she did, but I'm not complaining. Far from it. She has a strong personality, choleric and slightly introverted. Now she's pretty snappy and knows precisely what she wants, causing her to get pissed on me for taking too much energy on roleplays rather than her development, for example. She took up some of my traits that suited the badflank rocker theme, but other than that, we're very different, like a blue Oni, red Oni from TV Tropes. At the very least, our music taste is the same, so we have fun listening to the same tunes - guitar-tastic rock.

So, yeah, we're an odd pairing alright. Now I just need to make some more effort to give her attention she so wants, but I'm a bit spent as of late. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Gilda: DK's having sort of the opposite with us. He can hear us crystal clear...but he can only see us through his third eye. What he did was create an exact replication of his current location and puts us there. 

As Gilda explained, I can hear my tulpas perfectly clear. One of my goals for this year is to attempt to be able to see them fully and focus. Problem is, with all the other stuff I have to do...may not have as much time as I think. 

Hey, I've decided that maybe I'd give you all an update on how we're doing. Unfortunately, Crystal isn't talking yet, at least, not reliably so. Sometimes she provided a short answer, but I really need to focus on her to hear a faint mindvoice that feels different. However, due to the obvious fact that I'm roleplaying with a character that's very simillar to her (and that's putting it lightly), we had some deviation from that blueprint. I already mentioned that she gave herself a pair of wings, right? Now she got fed up with the simillarities (and I do mean, fed up. She doesn't mind the anthro RP's but when the characters are canon ponies... There would be a lot of beeps in her lines) and changed her mane to jet black, and switched the manestyle. She also got herself earrings on the left ear, resulting in a very "Rock" vibe. Personality wise, she's been also busy. Since I gave her some basic outlines and allowed to decide on the rest, she didn't waste time. Honestly? I'd never expect her to turn out the way she did, but I'm not complaining. Far from it. She has a strong personality, choleric and slightly introverted. Now she's pretty snappy and knows precisely what she wants, causing her to get pissed on me for taking too much energy on roleplays rather than her development, for example. She took up some of my traits that suited the badflank rocker theme, but other than that, we're very different, like a blue Oni, red Oni from TV Tropes. At the very least, our music taste is the same, so we have fun listening to the same tunes - guitar-tastic rock.

So, yeah, we're an odd pairing alright. Now I just need to make some more effort to give her attention she so wants, but I'm a bit spent as of late. :sunny:

@@Raven Rawne, Oh wow that is a very strong sign of sentient right there. At that early age she already changed her appearance, that is some tulpa you got there i am certainly sure that you will enjoy her company and she WILL enjoy your company :D. Hehe, she kinda reminds me of some tulpa I know *looks at summer >.> *

What?

not much really kinda reminds me on how you dislike twilight sparkle when I talk/think about her or you even seeing her

Pfft, Heh >.> she is ok i guess, humph. Just, do not compare me to her I am not Twilight sparkle! :dry: .

Yeah the moment summer was born and me talked about twilight she really dislike her and quickly changed her appearance to look different than her but still retaining the first form she has when she first met me, you can say i kinda tease her for fun X3.

humph!  :unamused: 

Anyway

Having almost similar traits of the tulpa from host, I am no that sure, but i think it is really common for tulpas created intentionally. I mean summer, i did not give her any personality traits, I freely let her choose hers and ended up having a similar personality to mine  but she is also different from my personality. Just a little more time and she'll have her own voice! Good luck :D

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

What can I say? She's the type who will yell at you till you go and do stuff, because that's for your own good. (Damn right *redacted*!) Given my tendencies at overthinking things and then not acting anyway, it's rather useful motivation. I think the personality differencies will only act in our favour, all things considered.

I've already selected a voice I'd like her to have, but I need to look for some samples and give them a listen or thirty. It's Verse from Tyranny, BTW. You should totally check out that game for her voiceover, and that of Voices of Nerath. I chose an obviously bad plot line just to listen to him talk some more, and then mimicked him for a week (yes, I do mimick a lot.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne, Yell at you till you do stuff, Sounds really too familiar.... >.> *looks at summer*

What?! I do not shout at you nihi, Sometimes

uhh huh

Do not believe nihi, he keeps teasing me >;c but i do admit sometimes i tend to do get a little pumped when nihi is lazy XD

yeah, i am just kidding, sometimes summer tends to do that but you know she just want me to accomplish the task immediately. But hey it's really helpful, also I would personally like to welcome crystal clear :).

Hmm, i didn't have trouble with the voices, tbh they just pop up along with the tulpa. Summer's voice is similar to twilight cuz she has her "Form". But yeah, I'll sure to check that game out thanks X3

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Gilda sounds exactly like reformed Gilda, with a little more rashness in her voice. She looks like Gilda...but is slightly chubbier.

Cadence looks like canon Cadence and sounds like her too.

Chica on the other is a anthro non-animotronic version of Chica. She's basically anthro. She sounds like my OC Choco Delight, who has a cute and motherly giggly voice. 

Chica: And you wouldn't believe how I came to be. I just popped into DK's head...it was funny and awkward too!

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Gilda sounds exactly like reformed Gilda, with a little more rashness in her voice. She looks like Gilda...but is slightly chubbier.

Cadence looks like canon Cadence and sounds like her too.

Chica on the other is a anthro non-animotronic version of Chica. She's basically anthro. She sounds like my OC Choco Delight, who has a cute and motherly giggly voice. 

Chica: And you wouldn't believe how I came to be. I just popped into DK's head...it was funny and awkward too!

OH! the soft gilda voice? that sounds adorable X3

@chica, [myrtle and cherry]

We know what you mean

Interestingly enough,recently, I just found out that Summer has 3 Forms, Her normal pony form, her human form and a gardevoir. The gardevoir one is much of a surprise to me XD.

I really like gardevoir's Design, really!

But yeah, Cherry Summer and myrtle are mostly shape shifters they have two forms but they mostly use their pony form as they are comfortable with them.

if you you all are curious this is currently what summer looks like:

summer_s_new_hairstyle_by_nihithebrony-d 

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Oh it is adorable, espcially when I give her a little tickle. She has one of the cutest little giggles.

Gilda: *blushes deeply hiding under her wing*

And Summer looks adorable! 

Also, did you read that I got pounced on by Gilda after Clemson won the national championship?

Cadence: GIlda literally lunged at DK hugging him and taking him down to the ground jumping on top of him! And since GIlda gained her winter weight...well...it was hard for DK to get up after the pouncing!

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony, Oh it is adorable, espcially when I give her a little tickle. She has one of the cutest little giggles. Gilda: *blushes deeply hiding under her wing* And Summer looks adorable!  Also, did you read that I got pounced on by Gilda after Clemson won the national championship?Cadence: GIlda literally lunged at DK hugging him and taking him down to the ground jumping on top of him! And since GIlda gained her winter weight...well...it was hard for DK to get up after the pouncing!

Ohh i love it when you pet your tulpas, it is so adorable. Summer really has a soft spot when it comes petting her head, she just blushes and looks away.

Yeah i've read about it, i love it when they do that it is just so adorable X3, Especially in your wonderland

Ohh i love it when you pet your tulpas, it is so adorable. Summer really has a soft spot when it comes petting her head, she just blushes and looks away.

Yeah i've read about it, i love it when they do that it is just so adorable X3, Especially in your wonderland

Honestly...I don't have a true wonderland. I create an exact copy of my current location in my mind and have them there...even when I'm in my car, I can see them through my third eye. 

And yeah, after a big meal, I give Gilda a nice belly rub...it's so adorable when she chirps and giggles. It may lead to me giving her a tickle...which can make her squawk...and hurt my ears...

• Brohoof 1

HEY HEY! It's me Cherry! hehe ^.^

It is nice to meet you all, Just a little update from us! :D

SO.. Me and myrtle switched places, meaning I am now at front and myrtle back in the wonderland But just for the week ;), it might extend. So i am nihi's co-pilot at the very moment Hehe X3. You know, I'll be honest I am very nervous being at front, I've never been a Frontal tulpa, it is never been my type, I just like to watch and sit on the back, It is one of my fears actually. BUT! I got convinced to try it just for the experience, Thank you very much summer :P, and i got to say i am really enjoying it. Nihi really helps a lot with our confidence, I've never expected to stay upfront really. 

So yeah, It is really nice to meet you all and hopefully you guys have some great time today hehe X3. 

Yeah, like what she said. A little update from us, Cherry and myrtle switched places and probably for a week, might be longer or so. 

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, thought I'd share nome news with you! (More like brag but, whatever shines your crystal...) Yeah... anyway, Crystal made some more changes, this time in the Wonderland I cobbled together for her. So I fashioned a nice, comfy loghouse by the lake, your typical National Geographic in Canada scenery type of thing. Last week, I went to check up on her and, turns out she made some changes. (Long overdue I may add. That place was soooo not my style. I guess Raven has a thing for Canadian conifer forests and loghouses in the middle of nowhere. So I decided to redecorate, simple as that. He said it was my place, after all.) Okay, it was my style, but I didn't know hers at the time. Turns out, she likes sci-fi (Everything is better in space, duhh!) and now lives on some space Yacht. I've only seen her quarters, and the view from a big window she has there. No idea what size or type of vessel it is though. Seems like an original design rather than a copy from some sci-fi universe. (Of course he had to question my choice and ask a million times if I did that, but finally I have a place I like. If he only spent more of his oh so precious time with me, rather than on some stupid roleplays, we juuuust might get some progres in here. A mare can dream, I guess.) Okay, guilty. But we're moving out to a rented apartment in like, three weeks, so I won't have anyone breathing down my neck when I come home, and I hope to spend more time on forcing once I actually get there. (Or waste even more time on video games and stuff like that. Your to-do list is veeery optimistic.) At least I'll have somepony to tell me precisely how many of my plans end up in trash.

• Brohoof 1

Midna: Hello all, Blaze Trail (my fiance/@@Dynamo Pad's tulpa) and I have some most wonderful news, our little girl Blaze Paw said her first word last night, it was dada and it made my fiance really happy. Though we are a little worried her twin brother may be mute

Edited by Carmine Strider
  • Brohoof 1

You're actually going to do it aren't you? Gyah! I feel like a proud parent!  Oh shaddup, I'm only doing this because it's two in the morning and you KNOW I get punchy! Hey, its half... no all the reason I talked you into getting into these forums in the first place! I feel all jittery... but maybe that's because its so late... Ah, ya big wussybottom-flutternutter! Your cute when you do this, you know that?   Oh let me get on with it already!

Not that I'm...*ahem* Just looked up this whole tulpa thing and its quite a-Ampersands,Honey! We need our dramatic flair don't we? Oh quit pushing, I agreed to this didn't I?...

-astonishing how much it seems to apply to me. See, I've kind of led a lonely life. Don't... wanna go into detail, but I've had to retreat into myself an awful lot as a child & I've felt like I've spent time just so far back into my head I could hear space. To, uh, put it one way... expressing myself has never been my strong suit. On top of that, building characters & a story around them has always been extremely important to me as I've always been a bookworm. Fictional has always been very close to reality for me. As i've... uh, only just now started to get around to, uh, exploring myself & trying to get more creative in order to understand myself better as to how I make my own decisions. And, uh, Widdershins is sort of that... portion of my brain I've dedicated as my creative side.

Can't say I ever remember having had an imaginary friend, but now that I've put effort into the guy, it sort of feels like he's always been around. I've always been one to play card games or board games with myself and sort of just split myself in half mentally to where I still know what I'm doing but reacting like I'm not. Guess I'm saying that it seems like I've been inadvertently creating Tulpas all through my life, I'm only just now giving them names. I know it kind of almost sounds crazy, but I could swear I could feel him moving around in the back of my head.

We gonna try that 'having sex with your tulpa' thing we just dredged up on the internet?

WIDDY! Stahp... I created you as a fluffy abomination for a reason!    Oh, like you ain't thinkin' it!  WIDDY! You're embarrasing me! Aww, he's typo-ing! Only because it's late! Lay off! Oh Fhoo! You know you love the way I make us giggle! I'm as much a part of you as we are separate! I'm your creativity! Your muse! Your acceptance of the bizarre! Your love of life! Heck, love in general! Is it only coincidence that I've shown up as you've been "getting better" what with the therapy and whatevs?

Still...I don't wanna look too crazy on the internet... Iiiiiinterneeet! Oh hush...

Though, uh, I did want to ask before I headed to bed and got some actual rest- Aw, you're not? That's a mean spirited thing to say & you know it! I'm as much a part of you as the air you-   I suppose it bodes ill how I have to keep cutting him off...Sigh, growing pains of a tulpa, I suppose. Anyhow, my question: How far removed from a "multiple personality" is a tulpa? Because I'm kind of thinking of that one example of, what, Fight Club? Where the guy has another him that's been pulling the strings all along or something? I dunno, never watched that, just heard a buncha jokes about it. Aww! I'd never do that to yah, bub! Yes, yes you would. If only to see if you could. Yeh, I totes would! I swear, if I wake up tomorrow morning and you've somehow found a tutu to dress me in during the night... Ooh! Good idea! Wait... which one of us had that idea? Eh, whatevs!

Hey! Hey now! No rereading to proof-read! That would be cheating now! Mr. Stickler for a Tickler! SticklerTicklerTicklerSticklerstick-WIDDY!

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, thought I'd share nome news with you! (More like brag but, whatever shines your crystal...) Yeah... anyway, Crystal made some more changes, this time in the Wonderland I cobbled together for her. So I fashioned a nice, comfy loghouse by the lake, your typical National Geographic in Canada scenery type of thing. Last week, I went to check up on her and, turns out she made some changes. (Long overdue I may add. That place was soooo not my style. I guess Raven has a thing for Canadian conifer forests and loghouses in the middle of nowhere. So I decided to redecorate, simple as that. He said it was my place, after all.) Okay, it was my style, but I didn't know hers at the time. Turns out, she likes sci-fi (Everything is better in space, duhh!) and now lives on some space Yacht. I've only seen her quarters, and the view from a big window she has there. No idea what size or type of vessel it is though. Seems like an original design rather than a copy from some sci-fi universe. (Of course he had to question my choice and ask a million times if I did that, but finally I have a place I like. If he only spent more of his oh so precious time with me, rather than on some stupid roleplays, we juuuust might get some progres in here. A mare can dream, I guess.) Okay, guilty. But we're moving out to a rented apartment in like, three weeks, so I won't have anyone breathing down my neck when I come home, and I hope to spend more time on forcing once I actually get there. (Or waste even more time on video games and stuff like that. Your to-do list is veeery optimistic.) At least I'll have somepony to tell me precisely how many of my plans end up in trash.

Hey! i am glad to hear that crystal is more active right now :D and not only that but she is redecorating your wonderland  ;). It reminds me of when summer created the wonderland on her own.  Same, I was surprised as well.

Heh  :diamondtiara: 

yeah, >.> when i was developing summer, there was no wonderland, then as i checked on her i noticed her inside a house. So i just gave her power to recreate it on what she feels like it.

I can see you two having fun together, goodluck you two ;).... Also, You better listen to her, raven, you don't know how persistent a tulpa can get *hugs nihi* :derp: .

really?  XD

my question: How far removed from a "multiple personality" is a tulpa? Because I'm kind of thinking of that one example of, what, Fight Club? Where the guy has another him that's been pulling the strings all along or something? I dunno, never watched that, just heard a buncha jokes about it. Aww! I'd never do that to yah, bub! Yes, yes you would. If only to see if you could. Yeh, I totes would! I swear, if I wake up tomorrow morning and you've somehow found a tutu to dress me in during the night... Ooh! Good idea! Wait... which one of us had that idea? Eh, whatevs!

Hey! Hey now! No rereading to proof-read! That would be cheating now! Mr. Stickler for a Tickler! SticklerTicklerTicklerSticklerstick-WIDDY!

You two seems a fun bunch :D, Hi!

About your question, I actually do not know a correct answer to this. I mean your question highly revolves around "Dissociative Identity Disorder" Or "DID" which is still pretty much a controversial topic in the tulpa community. Anyway, might as well give my two bits about it as well. 

I don't think having a tulpa considered you having DID or Multiple personality. Even though your tulpa have a personality on their own and is living inside you, YOU still have control over your senses unless you "switched" with them. Dissociative identity disorder or DID states a high form of Dissociation, Meaning you do not have control over your senses and mental state, a tulpa or having a tulpa doesn't dissociate you from your senses,except for switching, but both of you share the senses of the body,

So, yeah that is my two bits about I don't believe tulpa is having like multiple personality, even though by different terminology a tulpa is called a personality. 

Also to add something up, We know if our partner is acting odd or not. We make sure, or try to make sure, they don't suffer from this kinds of ailments ;)

also you said, " you've been inadvertently creating Tulpas all through my life" does that mean you have more than one tulpa?

• Brohoof 1