Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Hello everyone! Just a short update from me Recently I feel like I want to update my tulpa's human form via drawing so i drew summer.

This is what's her human form looks like

sig-4621819.sig-4621819.JEuoA68.png 

Will draw cherry and Myrtle soon after i am done with school and commissions XP

@@Naiya The Brony,

I admit she has rather unusual style, especially that beret, don't you think? Just an observation.

Anyways, I'm not doing as great on my front. Last week was very hectic with me moving out to a rented apartment on my own, and with all the preparations and stuff I forgot about Crystal. I tried to force her in the new home today but... it's like I reach out and there's no one there. Only a blurry puppet if I think of her visual form. She was mad at me for not forcing enough for a long time, since I;m not very good at passive and had little opportunity to sit down and do active, and now she's... gone? Is that even possible for a tulpa? Truth be told I'm worried.

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne, I actually dont mind her choice of appearance, to be frank i quite like, But that is just me personally.

Why does everyone keeps saying that? >:/ Even nihi's real life friends also said that my choice of style is weird. *sigh* well...the beenie looks comfortable to wear for me that is why i wear it but i do not wear all the time though.

Oh no, that's really worrysome the lack of activity put her in a state of dormancy. Do not worry too much raven as she is still there but in a deep sleep. You can still wake her up but it will take more than the usual effort of focus, meaning you have to focus each day.

Do not worry, tulpas do not actually die, if and only if they already maintained sentience. If ignored too long or forgotten they will go into a state of dormancy where they are sleeping until someone woke them up. It also happens to hosts if switched if the tulpas on front forgotten or ignored their host for a while.

Yeah, you really dont have too much to worry about crystal. If you are able to still reach her, continue forcing her until she wakes up.

All four of us are looking forward on her return. :)

Edited by Naiya The Brony

@@Raven Rawne

Nah, you are good. She is there. And probably not as angry as you would think.

I get angry, but I wont leave. 

It is possible, but not likely. 

I am almost entirely ignored, living in the background of his mind. Not even passively. Really. I just guide his dreams and his waking daydreams. When he writes, even then I am there, helping and guiding.  

Crystal is there. She may act annoyed. But she is will answer. Remember, the stress you have on you will be reflected onto her as well. 

Time will come and you will enjoy each other's company. Even if you can't right now, it is coming. both of you have that will. 

@@Naiya The Brony

We love, Summer is it? We love her human form. Twilight is mostly sticking to here human form...

I do not mostly! 

She switches back and forth. 

I stay pony. I don't have much of a human form. 

I only have a pony form. And I love it.

SO HUMAN UP!! YEAH!! GO FOR IT~! DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1

This is not healthy for your brain.

On the contrary. It is merely working to better connect with your subconscious and works. It is all together better and more healthy for your brain as you put it to actual, introspective work and meditation. 

On the contrary. It is merely working to better connect with your subconscious and works. It is all together better and more healthy for your brain as you put it to actual, introspective work and meditation. 

Hello

My primary concern is that someone might do this as a way to avoid their reality (this may not apply to you or anyone else here). That said,  I want to warn people who might be interested against becoming too invested in this.

I'm not unfamiliar with meditation. To be honest, this to me seems more like talking to yourself than communing with the subconscious, which doesn't always reflect what we want or think on the surface like tulpas seem to do.

I would recommend people at least make sure their minds are cleansed of all anxieties and experiment with actual mindfulness practice before going off into fairy land. That's the only way to be sure someone is just curious about the subject and isn't trying to avoid the real world.

I would also advise against people who are mentally ill or on anti-psychotic medication trying something like this. Might seem obvious but I thought someone should mention that.

God Bless

• Brohoof 1

Hello

My primary concern is that someone might do this as a way to avoid their reality (this may not apply to you or anyone else here). That said,  I want to warn people who might be interested against becoming too invested in this.

I'm not unfamiliar with meditation. To be honest, this to me seems more like talking to yourself than communing with the subconscious, which doesn't always reflect what we want or think on the surface like tulpas seem to do.

I would recommend people at least make sure their minds are cleansed of all anxieties and experiment with actual mindfulness practice before going off into fairy land. That's the only way to be sure someone is just curious about the subject and isn't trying to avoid the real world.

I would also advise against people who are mentally ill or on anti-psychotic medication trying something like this. Might seem obvious but I thought someone should mention that.

God Bless

Much different. I understand the concerns. They are valid. You need to be mentally stable. But the techniques have only improved multiple friend's mental chemical balance. And it should never be used to escape reality. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello, I have joined I guess, since I decided to start developing a tulpa. I actually started about a year ago, but decided to stop and think about it for a while and also because I was a bit impatient. I have now started again from the beginning, communicating toward them for a while for the last few days.

I don't want to be unhealthily attatched of course, and don't want to use them as an escape, so I must try to be careful. However, I will try to be more confidemt and reslonsible for them, and will intend to give them as much respect as I would anyone else.

I do want to base them on my OC, if they agree to it, though that will be a while until I get to that point. I have other odeas as well, but of course it is what they want, not me.

I really find this topic fascinating. Like most people my first impression was apprehension,  but I have learned it can be quite a healthy thing if treated with respect and responsibility.

I do have slight worries of course. I may be too young, as many suggest having maturity to make one. Also, I am lonely right now, so perhaps I may be using it as a replacement for social experiences. I know I must be confident, but these do worry me a bit.

Found her, thank goodness. She's pretty much the same as before, so no regress at least. Bas Line is still just a pretty doll she moves around though. Once I recover from an unexpected episode of depression I'll continue working with her, since she's barely audible. I know she's saying something, but only rarely I catch actual words. More often ideas and images whivh are harder to pin to her, or some unreadable static.

In case you wondered - earlier when I wrote her lines, apparently I was unknowingly parrotting...

• Brohoof 2

@@Raven Rawne, Oh thanks goodness you found her.

That's normal. parroting isn't that bad as others may think, sure you are taking your time talking to your tulpa having yourself reply but the tulpa can learn from it, it can teach them how to respond. The downside is that, if they respond they might end up responding with your voice and can make you think it was you who responded not the tulpa itself. That is why i did was instead of it was my voice who responded i used "Summer's", although, there was instances where I got a response with my voice but that was one the early days when i was developing summer.

I still recall this post i made back in the day, (If you are wondering where this quote came from it was from, (Hypnotize yourself as a pony thread)

Also, i am loving your new avatar :D

When I was talking with Miss about it, she brought up a valid point that if I were to do it continuously, I'd probably eventually be talking to myself in a one-way conversation, but I'll still do it, if I feel the need to...

Yeah she did say that but make sure you know that you are talking to her... feel her presence or the conversation is directed to her.. Whenever I try and parrot summer my head feels heavy and have headache all of the time... SO yeah, even when I narrate to summer like ask a question or just say something to her... when I just think of her my it will automatically parrot itself XP

Let me try asking summer this  :P

[uhmm.. make sure you feel her energy.. and make sure that she is there]

Like that... I  asked her to give her thoughts on this and that what she said of course. I kinda did a little parroting there, to assist her but mostly that's her idea, i am pretty sure she said the ''make sure you feel her energy'' Even though I parroted the rest but I believe that everything I typed was summer's,

Why..do i feel uncomfortable reading this? XD, I can clearly remember this, clearly remember where i still can't communicate and had to use nihi's voice like a pathway for thoughts to get over. Feeling both nostalgic and awkward.

• Brohoof 2

@Raven Rawne

Yay! 

We told you! 

I don't recall parroting. Mine yell at me to correct what they said/want to change it. Or say something. 

Umm... I forget. Thanks. Oh! I was never parroted. But it can help, so long as you let us grow on our own! 

I never was parroted either, but the second always is easier. And better. 

Say that to my face! 

And now they are in a fist fight. 

Anyway, we are glad you found her. And we know that when you are back on your feet and able to work with her again. She will be patiently waiting. Smile on her face! Not sure if you can see that or not yet. But she will be there! 

• Brohoof 1

hey guys little update from me, Nihi, and i got a little bit of an argument, (again) earlier not that big ( to be honest i already forgotten what we argued about lol) but I just want to let you guys know that, it happens, there can be tensions and disagreements between host and tulpas, even how close both parties are.

BUT don't let some silly argument break your relationship apart, Learn from it. Instead, let that argument be a building block to for your bond. ;)

see you guys later, <3

• Brohoof 2

Been going over this thread a bit more now & I feel the notion fits me rather accurately. That a Tulpa is a sort of...uhm, mental construct. Sort of an projection of your aura... Like if you've ever spent time thinking of how you would be like if you were a bit different. Say, the sort of guy who had the guts to toss a fit when you felt wronged, someone who wasn't afraid to shoot a scowl at people because you were having a crummy day.

That's sort of what I did a while back. Had to go into the state capitol city while back for an appointment, I felt tired & grumpy afterwards so I figured I'd give Shortstack the lead for once, since that was his sort of card to play. He convinced me to stop & eat a hamburger & coffee & stop at the nearby movie theater for a showing of Underworld: Blood Wars. I don't even eat beef or bacon!

We needed some bloody meat to tear into after that! Like I'm going to listen to your bloody, pansy 'vegan-tarian' hoohah nonsense! And ain' nothin' make me feel bettr'n than watchin' a movie about bloody stupid actors sayin' bloody stupid lines while makin' bloody bloody messes outta each other! ...because that's what ah MAN does! About bloody well time you bloody well listened to me!

Kinda funny innit? How most the time we spent with you in lead, we kept crying. Juuuust a bit!

It was cold out! I had wind in my eyes!! Even when we were inside? Somepony just got happy they got the attention, diddnt yeh?

Sh-shaddup! D-don' maka me hurt yeh!!!

Way I see it, it's kind of like a much further step down the "what if" line of thinking.

Widdershins is probably the only one I would give the full title of Tulpa to. Sometimes I can feel his presence, almost like he's snaking around me, catlike, to see & react to the same things I'm typing or reading on these forums. Heck, sometimes I feel he's somehow responsible for what random music comes on next on the radio when one song has got me too emotional, another crummy one that I can't be sad about because I dislike it so much comes on next to snap me out of it.

I don't know if its true to anyone else, but music really, really seems to bring Widdershins out. I've always felt that music is a good conduit for emotion, and that's basically the seeds & nourishment to a tulpa. Often, when I'm sitting here writing something for a good amount of time, Widdy will get bored & force me to get up & turn on the radio & procede to start twerking while I go back to what I was doing before.

An' trust us. Yeh don't wan' ta image of ah twerkin' draconequus in yer head....

That's sort of why I picked a draconequus for my internet image & ...well, self-image, I guess. Reality has always been grey area for me. That everything in existence is indirectly related to everything else. That nothing (and moreso for tulpas) can really die. That loved ones that leave you for whatever reason never truly die if you still have memories of them. And tulpas basically are crafted solely out of memories & feelings.

Kind of why I also feel that you can't really force a Tulpa any more than you can anything else. Just let your mind wander & let your emotions & feelings craft themselves into a face your comfortable with.

Oh, and I suppose what I said earlier about having eight of them is a tad inflated. Sunny & Flit kind of are a projection & personality branch-off of Widdershins. Just different kinds of joyfulness. And Monolith is more of a personification of my conscience and so on.

Hmm. Maybe that's a question I'll posit to you all.  Would you say that you have specific songs you dedicate for your tulpas? Ones that either give a good show of their own personalities or just really fits them elsewise?

Hmm. Maybe that's a question I'll posit to you all.  Would you say that you have specific songs you dedicate for your tulpas? Ones that either give a good show of their own personalities or just really fits them elsewise?

That is a lot of information. You certainly have a lot of Tulpa's with you. Mindrop has a max of 4. And well, I have spot 2. I am Mindrop as much as he is me.Intertwined from birth, actually about 10 years ago without trying. 

Reales is second. To help with social interactions and especially emotions. 

Orson is our dreamer. He stays in the background. Helps with writing and daydreaming. And watches over us at night.

When he isn't sleeping with me~!

We refuse to recognize if there is a fourth or not. If there is, we don't want it alive. 

As to music, that is something unknown. All of mine are stumped. 

No clue. 

Not even for me, the introspective one. 

It is something we have as a unit, not individual. And it varies by mood often. But there are a few core songs. We just wont reveal the songs that are us. 

Great question though!

OH! I ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING THE OTHERS CHIME IN!

Alright, since stuff calmed down on my end, I tried to get back to forcing and actually think of Crystal through the day. Now the main problem appears to be the very way I think, surprisingly enough... Basically, I use the mind voice, or think in words at all only when I'm reading/writing, or daydreaming a conversation. Most of the time there's music playing and I process information in a sort of unvocalised undercurrent. So 1. I need to conciously decide to start mind-talking to her, and stick to it, and 2. her own words, unless I pull the plug on the music, tends to get drowned in it. Though she sometimes confirms that she picked some song to play in Mind Media Player.

@@Naiya The Brony,

Thanks, I think she likes it too, even if it's "that @$*&! OC" as she calls the toon. As for the arguments, we have a holy war going on over roleplaying and her namesake. She has valid points that it makes me post ponies at work, causes me to daydream about RP events and when bad stuff happens, worry about the RP like it involved real people. I just like doing it, waaay more than playing any video game or watching TV, or any free time activity that I can think of. She can be an A-grade "mean bitch" about it, but it's because she cares. She'd be a great friend IRL.

Now I find that her replies, when vocal, are more like text appearing for me to read. So there's no voice projecting it unless I read it mind-aloud. I showed her the voice I picked for her, and when I take the effort to build up the detailed visualisation and parrot some, this voice is present. Unfortunately, it's very draining to keep her like that, and since she's sentient, but weak, any form of individuality is repressed over the sheer amount of force I need to put out. This can be circumvented by imagining her just a little, so she has a form to move around. Still, not something I can keep up 24/7, and she loses the voice.

Oh and almost forgot - when I am in shops and malls where women clothes are on display, I feel her trying to translate human clothes to her form. Sadly, even though she fell in love with a particular saphire dress, we're unable to ponify it in a way that works. Same with boots - she loves heeled boots - not the open toe fancy stilettos, but closed ankle length types. She likes some trends in human women's fashion, but has no plans to change her look, even temporarily, to human or any level of anthro. She just prefers the way she is now.

@@Widdershins,

Crystal Clear has a lot of songs she likes - I feel she's dancing to it (can't "see" it since I have no idea how a pony would dance...) or snuggles on her couch with huge headphones, nodding her head to the beat (sometimes using Bass Line as a pillow or stuff. Mostly "stuff").

Anything with good guitar and bass will do in a pinch, but she loves that twangy Fender Stratocaster sound. I think one of her favourites would be "Dream On" be Aerosmith (despite copious amounts of keyboard - she doesn't like them). She also likes Breaking Benjamin (ex. "What Lies Beneath", "Diary of Jane"), for the powerful vibe their sound has. If the music has the "give me a teaspoon and I'll dig a new English Channel in a single afternoon" feel to it, she'll probably dig it. The list goes on really, she has very simillar taste to mine.

• Brohoof 2

Alright, since stuff calmed down on my end, I tried to get back to forcing and actually think of Crystal through the day. Now the main problem appears to be the very way I think, surprisingly enough... Basically, I use the mind voice, or think in words at all only when I'm reading/writing, or daydreaming a conversation. Most of the time there's music playing and I process information in a sort of unvocalised undercurrent. So 1. I need to conciously decide to start mind-talking to her, and stick to it, and 2. her own words, unless I pull the plug on the music, tends to get drowned in it. Though she sometimes confirms that she picked some song to play in Mind Media Player.

@@Naiya The Brony,

Thanks, I think she likes it too, even if it's "that @$*&! OC" as she calls the toon. As for the arguments, we have a holy war going on over roleplaying and her namesake. She has valid points that it makes me post ponies at work, causes me to daydream about RP events and when bad stuff happens, worry about the RP like it involved real people. I just like doing it, waaay more than playing any video game or watching TV, or any free time activity that I can think of. She can be an A-grade "mean bitch" about it, but it's because she cares. She'd be a great friend IRL.

Now I find that her replies, when vocal, are more like text appearing for me to read. So there's no voice projecting it unless I read it mind-aloud. I showed her the voice I picked for her, and when I take the effort to build up the detailed visualisation and parrot some, this voice is present. Unfortunately, it's very draining to keep her like that, and since she's sentient, but weak, any form of individuality is repressed over the sheer amount of force I need to put out. This can be circumvented by imagining her just a little, so she has a form to move around. Still, not something I can keep up 24/7, and she loses the voice.

Oh and almost forgot - when I am in shops and malls where women clothes are on display, I feel her trying to translate human clothes to her form. Sadly, even though she fell in love with a particular saphire dress, we're unable to ponify it in a way that works. Same with boots - she loves heeled boots - not the open toe fancy stilettos, but closed ankle length types. She likes some trends in human women's fashion, but has no plans to change her look, even temporarily, to human or any level of anthro. She just prefers the way she is now.

Heyy you two! Glad things calmed down on your place. Summer is really eager to see you two again ;). Right, looks like youre doing pretty well actually, but i know what you feel about focusing on her too much and parrotting/puppeting can be severely draining. It can actually used a lot of brain power to stay consistent.

I admit, when i pursued and forced myself to do the same, i was already tired and very hungry before noon, almost passed out lol.You're doing pretty well ;) as long as you can feel her presence and direct everything towards her then youre good

Ohhhh she got some sense of fashion hehe,Sooner or later when she can use your body you might end up wearing female clothing XD. Same with you, everytime i go to the mall or market place my girls immediately checks ln the apparel store looking some clothes that THEY want to wear OR playing dress up for me to wear. I got to admit, it's starting to feel more enjoyable XD.

Also do not get me started when one of your tulpas gain crushes. You know, their emotion, you can feel them making you feel what they feel and it is really awkward...

But hey those are just fun things you two can do, hope you both do great we're rooting for ya ;)

• Brohoof 1

Took the girls out to a concert last night and they enjoyed it a lot. Gilda loved Thousand Foot Krutch and Colton Dixon. Cadence loved Crowder, Tenth Avenue North and Britt Nicole. Chica loved Jordan Feliz, Britt Nicole and a few of the rappers who performed. 

• Brohoof 1

Took the girls out to a concert last night and they enjoyed it a lot. Gilda loved Thousand Foot Krutch and Colton Dixon. Cadence loved Crowder, Tenth Avenue North and Britt Nicole. Chica loved Jordan Feliz, Britt Nicole and a few of the rappers who performed. 

Have not gotten to see a TFK yet, but we all love them and Tenth Avenue North! It is amazing that you were able to keep them together to enjoy it all. 

Have not gotten to see a TFK yet, but we all love them and Tenth Avenue North! It is amazing that you were able to keep them together to enjoy it all. 

Oh yeah. Gonna take them to see Skillet in the summertime. Gilda is gonna certainly love that. She also loves 7th Time Down. But honestly, what I did was replicate my current location in my third eye to enable them to be there. 

@@Naiya The Brony,

In my case keeping focus is so draining because it's lke keeping twenty very excited pups on a leash. Each pulls their way, effectively derailing my train of thought. Like I said, scatterbrain. And there's that one nasty bugger who barks "Roleplay! Roleplay!" I swear the next time he digs himself in a hole of RP induced blues, I'll be standing with a rope and tease him with it, saying "You chose this, not us!" - Spec Ops: The Line reference detected.

I... hope you're joking with that crossdressing part. Seriously, just.... nope. Psst, she doesn't really like the way humans look, regardless of gender. She's just interested in "adjusting" what she window shopped for her look. Although she's kinda dissappointed by the fact she can't have those heels, and has to resolve to flat hoofboots. ...And that's why I drink...

One question though - I asked her several times and she said she can see and hear what i do, even though I haven't "opened my mind" to her yet. That;s how she window shops and the like.I haven't even thought about co-fronting or letting her anywhere near the controls - Cause he knows what would happen! - yeah... So is it normal for a young Tulpa to have access to what you see?

• Brohoof 1

@Crystal clear Do not worry I am just kidding about that cross dressing part :P but hey could be a prank you can pull off XP

@@@Raven Rawne, Hey I am easily distracted as well, I managed to find a way to focus more onto summer than being more distracted, it was including her to my distractions LOL. I was used on multi tasking so every time i do something I call upon her asking her question and opinions on the current manner. It's a big diversion from the usual meditation and time routine active forcing but it worked for me ;). Try to find something that can make you focus more onto her?

Yeeesss! My dear raven ;) it is normal for young tulpas to discover their own feats, In which I've learn from my younger days. As long as you two are connected then it is easy for her to access your senses but it takes a little bit effort though, as you do not grant permission. She might be reading your sight from your memories, that is still a possibility. To be honest, the eyes is the easiest thing for us to take hold of.

Lol she's feeling very enthusiastic today XD, probably because of that dessert >.>

Shhh, we love you and that is the only thing you need to know :P

BLARG! , Uh.. Wha..t?

Errrr...Guys! Earlier today, while selecting lunch to eat me and my friend found this fairly new food joint. Both of us agreed and eat there. Checking the menu ALL of us saw something very VERY familiar and I know that they will LOVE it BUT i don't. Instead, i ordered something more appropriate for lunch, a meal if you are curious.

BUT No no no.... The three of them grouped up and cut me off when i was about to drop off the menu then, with THE MOST ADORABLE POOR AND WHINY FACES EVER I WAS OVER POWERED. Their cuteness over powered my solid "CHEAP" mind and i was Cute controlled to buy them THIS

sig-4817101.sig-4817101.16900117_1203000

*sigh* so much for saving money, But hey it was actually good but gawd i spend a lot more than I expected today.

Aww nihi, atleast the mocha coffee shake was fantastic! <3

Yes Nihi-kun thank you so much! hehe X3

IT WAS THE BEST! AHHH <3

*sigh* but hey at least they enjoyed it, even though i dislike sweets XD

• Brohoof 1

Sweet Celestia's sugary butt, that thing is huuge! Not really my style, a box of doughnouts will do fine, but still. Just, wow.

At least we're both into sweets, so the only victim is our proverbial piggy bank. I won't get fat in a million years of sweets diet anyway. :sunbutt:

Guess I better figure out how to give her free access to sensory output, so it won't tire her out. Hand over the keys, NAO!

And rewire my thought process to include her in it, so I can feel her silently judging me all the time.

• Brohoof 1

@raven, hey, now i am jealous. Guess my metabolism isnt that strong need to keep constantly go to the gym or do soms intense activity for me to work my body. It actually helped Summer, Cherry and myrtle relax for some odd reason. You can say that it calms them when i put my body in pain XD.

heyyyy! do not stretch out the meaning >:-p. But it is true we feel more "relaxed" and more energetic when nihi do exercise IF he constantly do it every day >:-p

Finnnnee... Anyway i do not know where they get there love of sweets, i mean as much as possible i tend to avoid sweets.

Hmm, have you try putting her in front? That might familiarize her with the sensory, in fact it will give off a stronger sensory input for her than being on the side.

You'll get used to it overtime XD

• Brohoof 1