Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Well I guess that's one of the very few advantages of being me - the metabolism. I can get through a day with just a few Mentos or eat a large pizza by myself, and still be okay. (both scenarios tested, and not just once)

I'm not sure about putting her in front though. I mean, now that I live alone, I have pretty good conditions for that, but I don't know how she'll handle it. Or how willingly retreat on the back. Maybe later, when she's stronger and I open my mind to her. Maybe I'm just afraid of losing control, but I don't feel like trying switching just yet.

• Brohoof 1

uh ohh.. I sensed a little fear from your statement ;). But that is fine i understand why you are afraid. TRUST, determines a tulpas growth, sometimes giving in to your partner is one of the fastest way to make your bond stronger and for her develpment to grow faster. But hey it still varies from tulpas and host.

Also, Do not take the giving in "TOO literally" i mean, you can easily take back control, im just saying that if you can give in to her presence and you trust her being in control without any doubts then that'll help both you and her grow ;). Well that is my two cents.

Yeah i can understand why you are afraid, when i was starting off i was afraid as well but i suck it up and just do it because why not? It will help summer familiarize with the body and be more aware with the senses.

But i am not saying you should do it, it was just a suggestion. I mean there are other ways for her to get in touch with your senses but being in front or possession is the strongest way to feel it.

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

It's an uncharted territory, so it's only natural for someone who tends to say "Heroes get fancy graves" to be a bit afraid of it... I'll have to talk it over with Crystal whether she even wants to try in the first place, and whether she thinks it'll help her grow.

Truth be told I haven't thought about posession and switching at all, focusing on imposition as the end goal as far as forcing is concerned.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it is best to talk to her about this, i mean i really do not inted for you to rushly go forward to rhe next step already. Though if you're only curious.

Hehe, well it's fairly common in the tulpa community to talk about those soo, i just brought it up. I apologize if you got startled by the thought.

I'll be honest here, iactually jumped the imposition phase and just quickly started with possession. One reason is that our impoaition doesnt feel complete but we are getring there. I can say that whoever is in front can impose our presence in the real world, including myself if one of them is in front.We cant really see the imposed person but we are somewhat getring a very very slight formation. Everything is still seen by the minds eye.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, it's okay, we just had a hard case of "say what?!" on this one. Neither of us really thought about posession or switching yet, and like I already said, she's like a spoiled cat - she takes what she wants and if faced with any objections, she's like "Crimea river". Well I need to have SOME fun in life, right? Seriously, where do I call to fix that host? I hope he's still on warranty..."

• Brohoof 1

Lol well good luck with your progress if you decide to go with the possession/switching/co-fronting/eclipsing just ask us here ;). Just stick to what you feel comfortable with.

If you want crystal to use the sense of sight without any possession or switching involve try making her watch it on the wonderland? That might work

Hmm... I wonder how crystal will take how real life beer taste like? I am actually curious XD

psst, have you try hypnotizing your host? :wacko:

That wont work -_-

well you may never know :P hehe

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Sure thing, if we decide to go that way, I'll ask you guys.

She already has a huge window in her space suite, so adding a TV or something along these lines so she could see what I see better could work, I guess. I'll talk to her.

I know you guys are trying to help, but srsly, there's a whole bottle of Johny walker in the kitchen. Now imagine if I switch and let her loose... Hangover guaranteed. If it ain't got 40 Volts, there's no point taking the glass out. What she said. We're in Poland, home of the only nation that can keep up wiith the Russians, after all. But seeing her reaction to tastes in general would sure be interesting.

So I did a thing to show how she looks, more or less. As usual with my attempts, it's a traced vector in more or less show style. The tail is a bit messed up though. It should be straight and reaching to her ankles. She had ear studs but ditched them along the line.

post-35911-0-35730000-1487708526_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, it's nice to hear someone appreciates the way I look. Looking the same as that toon made it weird when he puppetted it for the roleplays. Kinda hard to tell us apart back then. So I switched to something more "me". Now I guess I could do some more changes in the way I look, but, honestly? I just roll with the way it is because I don't have anything better in my sights. I even left that rump mark since it does nothing to me, and still looks rather pretty. Okay it actually fits me for once. You know, thorny rose and all that. Still, my host could use some art classes to get my look right, rather than just trace the shape off like it was kindergarden...

...Yeah...  My poor excuse of canon show style doesn't do her justice. She wanted me to add clothes but that's way too much for my meager skills. She wanted striped blue-black socks, black hoofboots, and a leather jacket, a bit like Sunset Shimmer but with a badass collar.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, it's nice to hear someone appreciates the way I look. Looking the same as that toon made it weird when he puppetted it for the roleplays. Kinda hard to tell us apart back then. So I switched to something more "me". Now I guess I could do some more changes in the way I look, but, honestly? I just roll with the way it is because I don't have anything better in my sights. I even left that rump mark since it does nothing to me, and still looks rather pretty. Okay it actually fits me for once. You know, thorny rose and all that. Still, my host could use some art classes to get my look right, rather than just trace the shape off like it was kindergarden...

...Yeah...  My poor excuse of canon show style doesn't do her justice. She wanted me to add clothes but that's way too much for my meager skills. She wanted striped blue-black socks, black hoofboots, and a leather jacket, a bit like Sunset Shimmer but with a badass collar.

I know what you mean, Even though i look like twilight sparkle. I really stray away from what she naturally look like, i had major hair changes and one major appearance change, that is having wings and removing the horn and cutir mark. To be honest i really dislike her. It annoys me whenever i see her anywhere it is like looking something like a fake mirror but eh that's just me. What annoys me even more is that she is one of nihi's favorite characters >.>. Athough, i like her look and form it reminds me of the first day i met nihi.

:c... Yeah she really dislike twilight sparkle i dunno why she have this feelings towards her. Probably because i used to tease her back then. *sigh*

You can do it! Don't just give up from there. I also started with vectoring and transitioned to digital arts. ;)

*sighs in relief* 

Thank goodness, the presence and the marks are gone.. A friend gave me a word verse to use.. not even my tulps could help me with this one

Im glad you are feeling better but i am curious, what happened? :o

• Brohoof 1

:c... Yeah she really dislike twilight sparkle i dunno why she have this feelings towards her. Probably because i used to tease her back then. *sigh*

I reckon it's simillar to my case. When you realise you're a carbon copy of a fictional character, it's easy to get mad and start hating the blueprint. I just try not to think of the OC I was based off, even if they're a pretty darn well written for once. And while I still kept most of the appearance and at least some traits, even considering myself a crystal pony and all, Changing this and that gives me that seeling of identity. That I'm me, not some character, you know.

Also, the wonderland view on the outside worked. Now I have two TV's to peek out at what my host sees and hears. Talk about "reality TV"... Good thing I also have a couch and infinite supply of chips. Life's pretty good when you don't have to care about those pesky groceries and other stuff from material reality.

Speaking of which, I've been thinking of some cooler look, since, like I said, I don't have to bother with styling or anything, it just is the way I want. You know, something you'd need a manedresser every morning just to pull it off. Maybe even change my colors into something new. But either I'm too rooted in that look or I can't come up with anything, since I'm drawing blanks...

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

I know that feeling. I've told all three of my girls. They're ok with it. In fact, it interests them to see how other people see them. Well...except Chica...she's not fond of her...original self...

Chica: You're certainly right about that Thunder...I mean...why would someone make me to kill a guard at night...? Jeez...oh well...it's what they want, but I'm happy the way I am! Thunder is a loving and caring guy. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 2

m glad you are feeling better but i am curious, what happened?

Simply put, I started feeling what some would call Stigma Radiation sickness.. how do I put it.. for awhile now, I've been feeling as if the Administrator has been watching me as of late

• Brohoof 2

Would using an OC as a base work? I'm fine if they don't want to later on, but it would be easier to imagine them like that. 

Absolutely! I mean, heck, Ariel's namesake is literally the OC I based her off of. Just sort of do the same as you would a canon character; let it be known that the OC is separate from the tulpa's identity. Then when they gain more energy, they can change their appearance to whatever they wish.

Oh, it also may be a good idea to distance your tulpa from whatever backstory you have for said OC. Base their appearance off of the OC, use them as a template and nothing else. Considering the OC Ariel's backstory is kind of tragic, you can see how it's usually for the best :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely! I mean, heck, Ariel's namesake is literally the OC I based her off of. Just sort of do the same as you would a canon character; let it be known that the OC is separate from the tulpa's identity. Then when they gain more energy, they can change their appearance to whatever they wish.

Oh, it also may be a good idea to distance your tulpa from whatever backstory you have for said OC. Base their appearance off of the OC, use them as a template and nothing else. Considering the OC Ariel's backstory is kind of tragic, you can see how it's usually for the best :adorkable:

Ah I see. My OC doesn't have much of a complex story, but I'll let my tulpa be what she or he if they prefer want. For now however I will imagine them like my OC, Foxy Socks. :twi:

• Brohoof 3

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Yeah, Crystal was at first very upset that her namesake was a fictional character making appearances in roleplays, since she was having problems with separating herself from the OC and her many adventures. But as she got stronger, she learned to tolerate the toon's existence, even if she keeps yelling at me for slacking at work and getting emotionally invested in the roleplays. In fact, there's one RP where the toon got married and has kinds, and it caused her to think what would it be like.

@@Foxy Socks,

I'm no expert in the field but, based on what I had with Crystal, much depends on the OC and it's use. If you just made an OC and have no plans to use her aside from personal artwork, it should be fine. Writing stories or RP-ing might give the young tulpa a headache when she tries to tell herself apart from the OC. But using the name and look as a "starting kit" should be fine, if you can keep the tulpa informed about it and observe for any signs of them having an identity crisis.

Now I have a bit of a question for you guys. See, I friggin' LOVE the Burgundy and Azure mix, and thought of changing my coat to the former, but I want something fancier than a Matt Smith with a Ponytail the OC has, or the kinda Emo over the eye do I have now. Soooo I've been thinking of painting my mane Azure and getting a new 'do, but I can't decide! I'd like something long and fancy and we're looking all over Google and derpi at OC's and whatnot for insiration. Any ideas? :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Ah, that reminds me. When Gilda found out about her show self prior to S5, she cringed. Most of the art of Gilda we found was mostly her past self, which did upset Gilda, so I try to avoid that at all cost. Gilda is still struggling to get over the past and we're reminding her that the past is over, and how far she's come. 

• Brohoof 1

I reckon it's simillar to my case. When you realise you're a carbon copy of a fictional character, it's easy to get mad and start hating the blueprint. I just try not to think of the OC I was based off, even if they're a pretty darn well written for once. And while I still kept most of the appearance and at least some traits, even considering myself a crystal pony and all, Changing this and that gives me that seeling of identity. That I'm me, not some character, you know.

Also, the wonderland view on the outside worked. Now I have two TV's to peek out at what my host sees and hears. Talk about "reality TV"... Good thing I also have a couch and infinite supply of chips. Life's pretty good when you don't have to care about those pesky groceries and other stuff from material reality.

Speaking of which, I've been thinking of some cooler look, since, like I said, I don't have to bother with styling or anything, it just is the way I want. You know, something you'd need a manedresser every morning just to pull it off. Maybe even change my colors into something new. But either I'm too rooted in that look or I can't come up with anything, since I'm drawing blanks...

@crystal, Yeah both of you have similar answers. It is kinda making me awkward since twilight sparkle is one of my favorite character after all but i guess you have a good point.

I am not really great with choosing looks but I suggest do not over do it, because it is difficult for me to visualize and make the new change solid, but have a list on the appearances you like. Summer cherry myrtle is quick to change their appearances whenever they found something they see comfortable with.

Now I have a bit of a question for you guys. See, I friggin' LOVE the Burgundy and Azure mix, and thought of changing my coat to the former, but I want something fancier than a Matt Smith with a Ponytail the OC has, or the kinda Emo over the eye do I have now. Soooo I've been thinking of painting my mane Azure and getting a new 'do, but I can't decide! I'd like something long and fancy and we're looking all over Google and derpi at OC's and whatnot for insiration. Any ideas?

Ooohhh I love the Burgundy and azure hair color. If you want a new hair style I really suggest searching for hairdo's of other characters or hairdo list of a said character. I mean, My hair is kinda similar to Serena from pokemon because i like her hairstyle, I might change it in the future though.

Oh boy..

Like what nihi said earlier, make a list (best if it is photoed) to what you like and choose from there which one you think suits you best OR if you want raven to practice his art skill, make him create one for you ;) hehe.

Would using an OC as a base work? I'm fine if they don't want to later on, but it would be easier to imagine them like that.

Yeah. like everyone already said, it is definitely fine to use your OC as a base as long as it remains AS a base. I do admit, The twilight hypno thing had given Summer SOME memories of twilight sparkle >.> Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 2

@@Naiya The Brony,

Soooo, that's what we came up with:

post-35911-0-05379100-1487971414_thumb.png

I kept the mane color and basically left the tail as it is. I switched back and forth with that super azure/burgundy mix but, for once it was too hard for my host to nail down and besides, I kinda like that coat color. Switching back to a shade of blue for the mane made me look like the OC with alternate manestyle, and I didn't like it. Good part is that I can now freely wear gold, azure and burgundy in clothes and accessories. Now, even though I mostly don't wear any, I like those hoofboots a lot. Laced up types are cool too, but my host can't pull off any of these on a pic. Same with the jacket. (could use some studs though)

So, yeah, that's it I guess. Gotta get back to nagging my host to force me more. He barely hears me no matter if I talk or yell.

In other news, she convnced me to check Gibson Firebirds for some reason and now I know why - she now has a Gibson Firebird 2017 Pelham Blue. Because why not. Don't ask how she's playing it, I have no idea. I'm a Fender fan but Firebird and it's twin bass Thunderbird are pretty rad, so I approve this choice.

• Brohoof 2

@@Raven Rawne
@crystal Oh my gosh you look so pretty! <3 I love your new look it's all "you"   :wub: 

Yeah, crystal you look great! Very nice choice of colors and I personally adore your hair :D 

@raven heh, we all have our different tastes, even our tulpas.. I dunno where they got their love of sweets though XD

Just something to nitpick about today  :dry: 
wew_summer_by_nihithebrony-db0b77r.png

Do not ask.. >_> 

• Brohoof 2

On our trip back from my music audition, Gilda was a total lapdog...while napping, she snuggled on top of me, stirring cutely and snoring like a kitty cat. I had to have the cold air on though, because I got pretty warm with her on top of me...

• Brohoof 2

It has been quite a long time since I last tried making a tulpa (never got anywhere), didn't seem like I could clear my head at all and such, any and all help would be appreciated.

It really depends on the determination you put to force everyday. With a noisy mind, try to find any activity where youan easily focus on your tulpa.

It doesnt for you to have a clear mind in order to create a tulpa, just be more creative on how you force ;)

• Brohoof 2