Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Well.. Well.. found out something astonishing happened recently. I stumbled upon the original form of myrtle (her current form) I told her who that character is and by my surprise... She glared at it.. Like wow. I felt annoyance out of no where. It really was surprising, for a very sweet, caring and a gentle person, i can't imagine her hating on the base form.

I do not hate her nihi-kun it is just, I feel kinda annoyed seeing it. I do not understand it either it just gets me >.<

I guess it IS a thing to easily dislike the base form but I don't it's just us. Anyway that's it for now ;)

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Think about it that way - how would you feel if your parents suddenly showed you a picture of a person you're a copy of? I know it's not a perfect example but, basically, that's what happens to a tulpa. Suddenly they realise that they are not unique, that they are based off something. All kind of thoughts and feelings can result from that... Disliking the base is probably the most natural and comes first.

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne, Yeah, I can't argue with that. I mean even Myrtle said that you are right. I guess that's how it goes then. Jeez, kinda feeling bad right now. Anyway, Summer and Myrtle told me to not worry too much about it, since they chose and keep those forms..

But hey at least cherry chose and created her own form.

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Well, I guess that's why all those guides stress the importance of not basing tulpas off fictional characters or real people. Even though my Cryssi is just loosely based off an OC, she was really pissed off by that. Nowadays she's rather ambivalent to her namesake. I've noticed her try and bend the toon her way in one RP for fun even.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on the determination you put to force everyday. With a noisy mind, try to find any activity where youan easily focus on your tulpa.

It doesnt for you to have a clear mind in order to create a tulpa, just be more creative on how you force ;)

How would you suggest I do that? Sorry if I'm being a bit of a pain here XD

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne, yeah, i am lucky summer already know who twilight was when she took her form. Myrtle have little idea who the oc was, even me still XD. But hey i am glad it didn't cause any identity confusion.

lol well at least she's having fun :) 

@@NuclearBurg (Dawn), nah it is fine. Well i suggest doing something that you can focus on your tulpa. My mind was also easily distracted i found a creative way to include summer back then that was I also include her to my distractions XD

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, curious. Ariel's never shown any disdain or any form of dislike towards the OC that was her base form. Maybe because she sees the OC as a completely different entity? She's so different personality-wise from the OC, she's basically like another pony altogether! :lol:

No, but that's really interesting, though... I guess each tulpa is different. Though, I did make certain that when I started forcing Ariel, I told her from the very beginning that she and the OC were two separate beings, and that she was free to change her look soon as she was able. She changed herself enough to differentiate herself from the base, and... never really changed her form since. :sunbutt:

@@NuclearBurg (Dawn),

It depends on the person, really. But I've heard finding meditative techniques and actually meditating can help with focus. You may also want to look into something referred to as "white noise"; that's basically a type of sound file you can listen to so it can help clear your mind. I think something called - what was it? - beta tones, if I recall correctly, can also help the mind focus as well as help you better visualize your tulpa.

• Brohoof 3

Hey guys! Cadence can sing very well! She's grown to love a few worship songs I listen to on the radio. Today however, she finally learned how to ad lib, and I could hear her singing over the radio with my 3rd ear! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So there are times when I "talk to myself," not to my tulpa but myself. I have been doing that pretty much always, sometimes it seems easier to think imagining it aloud. Now when I work on my tulpa who I will now call Foxy Socks, I do that but instead of just talking or thinking to myself I imagine them listening and talk to them occasionally. Am I doing this right?

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 1

So there are times when I "talk to myself," not to my tulpa but myself. I have been doing that pretty much always, sometimes it seems easier to think imagining it aloud. Now when I work on my tulpa who I will now call Foxy Socks, I do that but instead of just talking or thinking to myself I imagine them listening and talk to them occasionally. Am I doing this right?

Not only that but you have to spend time tulpaforcing, creating an image in reality or what is called a "wonderland". It's a place for your tulpa to stay in your mind.

• Brohoof 1

Not only that but you have to spend time tulpaforcing, creating an image in reality or what is called a "wonderland". It's a place for your tulpa to stay in your mind.

I know of that, but I thought that was usually after I can hear them.

Oh hey, i also talk to myself as well before. Now, whenever i talk to myself and not directed at one of them they will ask "Nihi, who are you talking to?" or "Nihi, you are talking to yourself again" and i will just break in an awkward smile lol.

Anyway, about your question. Yes, it is sorta like that the conversation is directed to your tulpa instead of yourself. But remember to think about your tulpa simultaneously so that he/she can hear you.

• Brohoof 1

Oh hey, i also talk to myself as well before. Now, whenever i talk to myself and not directed at one of them they will ask "Nihi, who are you talking to?" or "Nihi, you are talking to yourself again" and i will just break in an awkward smile lol.

Anyway, about your question. Yes, it is sorta like that the conversation is directed to your tulpa instead of yourself. But remember to think about your tulpa simultaneously so that he/she can hear you.

Aww how cute :love: I try to think of them when I do, even mentioning their name even I can't hear them yet. :)

@@Foxy Socks,

I guess it wouldn't hurt if you read through a few guides to tulpaforcing. They're popping up on Google with no problem. Just stick to most recent ones, since some stuff apparently went out of favour within tulpa community. It should give you basic understanding of the process that's happenning with your tulpa.

Now wonderlands are optional, as far as I can tell, BUT having one beforehand, even a simple one, will provide a "living space" for the tulpa to hang out in, as already explained. You can force them inside it, or ask them to go out and force them in a blank space/white room/whatever. If you're good with visualising and train a bit, you could take glimpses on what they're currently doing there.

Also, vocal replies are rather far along the road, so don't get discouraged if you don't get any. After all, they have to have a personality to have anything to say, for starters. Good luck and keep telling them that what you provide, is a starter kit rather than your divine will for them to stay like that forever. Some tulpas may take the latter for granted.

• Brohoof 1

@@Foxy Socks,

I guess it wouldn't hurt if you read through a few guides to tulpaforcing. They're popping up on Google with no problem. Just stick to most recent ones, since some stuff apparently went out of favour within tulpa community. It should give you basic understanding of the process that's happenning with your tulpa.

Now wonderlands are optional, as far as I can tell, BUT having one beforehand, even a simple one, will provide a "living space" for the tulpa to hang out in, as already explained. You can force them inside it, or ask them to go out and force them in a blank space/white room/whatever. If you're good with visualising and train a bit, you could take glimpses on what they're currently doing there.

Also, vocal replies are rather far along the road, so don't get discouraged if you don't get any. After all, they have to have a personality to have anything to say, for starters. Good luck and keep telling them that what you provide, is a starter kit rather than your divine will for them to stay like that forever. Some tulpas may take the latter for granted.

So I should worknon their personality first? I thought it would be better to work on nareation and communication, since it would be easier to work together.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, dunno really. Depends on what you aim for. Some guides mention that looks and personality can be put on hold so the tulpa creates them on their own. Like I said, cross referencing a few guides and other sources wouldn't hurt to expand your idea on how to tailor your approach to your needs and abilities. There's no one best way to make a tulpa, after all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Raven Rawne, Okay, I checked them out again, so I may try that.

The problem is I might make her exactly like me due to my OC having similarities. I have even considered changing her "base" to a character from the show to base them on instead of my OC. I wouldn't force them if they don't want to of course, but it may be better that way. Am I being selfish? 

Honestly I am thinking of Princess Luna instead, but maybe I should continue them as Foxy?

Edit: Never mind I decided to keep her as Foxy :)

Edited by Foxy Socks

(edited)

Something I want to share to you guys, Summer again kinda saved my butt and actually made me reassured myself, I'll let her explain. Buckle up this is going to be a long one

OK! soo.. this school term Nihi, was assigned a leader in a 4 man group. He doesn't have any choice as he was the only one who was present that time. Through out the entire semester, each group is assigned to pass a project presentation every week (Design). This involves the design itself, the file, the video recorded doing that presentation and the paper works , which I will add that it takes a lot of time and money to do.
Nihi carried his group mates, cutting the work load by 80% - 20% which making nihi working mostly 80% of all the work throughout the whole term, not only that this is the ONE out of 5 major Laboratory courses that nihi needs to work on, this wasn't his choice as he was forced to do this because his "group mates" was missing in action. Last week, it was the time where the final work for the entire term (which involve A LOT OF PAPERWORKS), which is 60% of the group grade. Last night, was the due for the final paper works and nihi did all 100% of the work load all by himself.

Doing the final editing, nihi was more peeved at them being non respondent. He actually asked one of them to do this but he replied "I am sorry man, I do not know what to do". I MEAN really!? Nihi, didn't know what to do at first as well, he literally worked himself to know how to do the process, it was just a simple word editing.
Anyway, I digressed, as he is almost done with the final paper works, i can feel him being all mad, I had to tell him.

"You should take full credit on this one, Tell your professor that you did everything yourself."

Before nihi intercept with his reply i cut him, "Look, I know you do not want to cause harm or to make others feel bad BUT you need to be more assertive on this one, I do not want to see you being pushed like this, you deserve more credit than them. But, whatever your decision may be, I hope it will make you happy." .

There was a moment where I had a thought where I will do it myself, to tell nihi's professor directly and personally, if nihi can't do it but i am glad it didn't end up that direction.

That actually, made me think and was still conflicted on what to do. I was suppose to just shrug it off and just not do anything,  But no, I realized what summer was saying and I told my professor that i did everything myself and asked to give me the full credit. I do not know if he will not give any credit to my "Groupmates" . But I said what need to be said, it feels great though, as some weight just got removed from my chest.

Well, Hope you guys enjoy that read ;) also Summer got really involved in this XD

Ehhh :P I just can't just let them get off clean where you deserve more credit than anyone else.

Thank you :)

• Brohoof 2

Well, today I have been talking to Foxy quite fine, but I decided to try something new. I have worked on her for only a few weeks (like two or three) and definitely hasn't seemed to be vocal, as something like that takes months. Anyway, I tried listening to her to see if she had anything to say, to help practice. However, after relaxing a bit I could hear what could be responses, but I know it's far too early. I tried talking to her and listening, which continued them. I read not to be too paranoid, but it feels weird this early.

• Brohoof 2

@@Foxy Socks,

If you hear the voice, just roll with it. Doubts will only slow down your progress. Even if it's you subconciously making up the replies, the tylpa will at least have an opportunity to observe how a dialogue works. No harm really. One day she'll just pick up the microphone and reply herself.

@@Naiya The Brony,

Ehh, reminds me of my own Uni days... But I never told the professor my groups didn't do anything. In fact, I guess I even encouraged them to do just that...  Anyways, since they were unsupportive and you did it all yourself, it's a good call you told the professor. Tulpas can be immensly helpful in making the right decisions.

Speaking of which, Crystal (she hates being called "Cryssi" or anything of that sort) has a real knack for motivation, sgt Hartmann Style. Damn right! You have no idea how much time he wastes every day. Don't even think of opening another tab! Keep writing! Yeah... But it's for the best, and I appreciate her effort. She won't tell, but she cares. Well Somepony has to be the responisble one in here...

Oh and, funny thing happened tis weekend. So I decided that vectoring off screenshots is notthe best idea, and decided to work on actual art skills. So I took out pencil and paper and cracked open some online guides for sketching. Of course, the results are kindergarden level, but I decided to stick and learn to draw sketches. In fact, I'm due to go out and buy some proper pencils. But I managed to sketch one almost okay side view full body of her, amongst a mass of front portrait attempts to understand her manestyle. In the end we made some changes to it, again. Aaaaand today when I picked the pencil and took a look at her...

Go on, spit it out...

Erm, yeah, she kinda changed her body type overnight. I went to her apartment and saw her in front of the wardrobe, with that "what to wear" look. Thing is, she was anthro. The plati-something type, with human feet. Kinda hard to wear human boots without these, am I right? Besides, I was curious how it all works. So I switched. Big deal. I just hope it's a wild experimenting phase, to be honest. Pfft, like a little teasing will kill you...

• Brohoof 2

@@Raven Rawne,Yeah i am glad that someone actually disagrees with me. Summer really saved me from making poor and rush decisions. 

Hey, mostly all artist start out badly. Just practice ;) you'll get there someday!

oh my gosh, is she anthro now? X3 well, it is normal for tulpas to experiment looks and form, there will be more of form changes in the future ;) be prepared. NOW she can where those boots she likes X3 and speaking of which Myrtle read throughout your post and decided to keep the anthro form she came up earlier. Now, She has 3 form to use X3. 

her anthro form is a cute fox, white and yellow colored fur. kinda similar with fennekin's color pallet from pokemon. Currently I do not have a reference of it but will draw it later on. Her anthro isn't human like also so it kinda somewhat keeps that paws I think?

I find it very cute and fluffy so i decided to keep it hehe X3, I was nervous at start because nihi-kun isn't that much of fan of anthromorphic characters that much, but i am glad that he found it very cute >///<

@@Foxy Socks,
OH WOW a reaction already? keep it up

You are doing GREAT! keep it up do not change your mindset, she'll learn how to talk in no time ;). We can't wait to talk to her! :D

• Brohoof 2

Interesting. She seems to keep changing voices, is that normal? It is said they usually sound like the host's voice at first, but mine seems to have a feminine voice to it, nothing like mine.

Right now she sounds her strongest she's been. This time her voice has a weird echo effect. She talks a bit slowly too. It takes a little focusing to hear it, but it sounds even clearer than earlier.

Also, I have been working on her personality. I am trying two sessions a day, one in the wonderland, and one by imposing in the physical one, but I also am giving her a bit of freedom to be unique. :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Foxy Socks,

"Tend to" is the key. Every Tulpa is unique, and while, generally speaking, there are some common enough trends in them, just accept what comes naturally, like that voice. She's probably experimenting, looking for that perfect sound. Nothing to worry about. Think of the tulpa like as a kid - they mess around with stuff, push buttons just to see what happens, learn from obvious mistakes. Your role is to force, guide, be there for them and try to lecture them on what they got wrong about the worls and themselves. Be patient, and accept them as they are. Things will go well.

@@Naiya The Brony,

Welp, sorry for giving Myrtie the idea, although it's good to know you acept her third form. Wooo... THREE forms? That's like, crazy. And she switches to and fro as she wants? I'm confused. CrystalClear.exe stopped working...

A-Aaaanyways, the switch I made is way more fun that I thought. For her maybe. Details! It feels... different, y'know. When I was a pony, there was this kinda unspoken thing, now it's hard to tell exactly what it was but, me being half his height, and four legged, I guess we kinda slipped into sorta pet areas sometimes. She occasionally shows up in "real space", as I feel she's somewhere around and can flesh her out if I concentrate. Crystal acted more like a cat in her moves and actions, of course she picked up a habit to get free ear scratches and the like. So when she switched to anthro and is the same height as me - Just a teensy bit taller, without any shoes - not to mention she's basically humanoid, we're more like siblings now. Even if she's my age, so there's no way to tell who's "older". But I sure am "bigger"... Although her new look proves a totally new challenge. As a pony, she liked that set I linked earlier - leather jacket, cool hoofboots. Let's just say she needs a lot of lecturing on how fashion and dress codes work, because she's pretty oblivious to human rules. Well, DUH! You never told me about this stuff, so what did you expect? I know what ponies wear, and thought it's pretty much the same.

I think I'll spare you the details of what she came up with so far, regardless of outfits. Now I found a reference for her figure, and it's not NSFW for once (I swear people made anthro to put boobs on their non-human characters...), but I also won't just assault your eyes with it, unless someone's curious.

Also, she's more assertive and even demanding sometimes. Like when she said she wants me to put my shoulder bags elsewhere in the car because she wants the front passanger seat for herself :o_o: . Or pulls up a chair when I'm eating breakfast to "keep me company".

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Raven Rawne, it is fine I like her new for anyways. The first time she transformed on that form i felt a little uneasyness from her because i know she knows that i am not a fan of anthros that much (dun ask why). So she just put it away, until now.

To be honest i am fine them all having any forms they want as long as they feel happy about it. You know there was a time where myrtle actually kinda regret keeping the anthro form because every time she transforms to it, the form itself is kinda altering her traits a bit, but she learned how to control of it.

I am very curious to what her new form looks like but if you think it is really revealing then maybe next time

Daww, That is just her way of saying that she likes you ;)

@crystal, oh ho not only that myrtle has 3 forms but summer as well have three forms and cherry have 2 primary forms.Me, i have 2 primary form.

You know, they have infinte forms, they just changes from time to time whenever they feel like it but doesn't stick to it. Tulpas are in nature a shape shifter and all three of them loves it.

Not only thay but, they can also change my form as well whenever they please. I kinda give them the primary use of our wonderland and everytime i go inside i feel like i am going inside their home so.

Like eatlier as i entered the wonderland myrtlr changed me into a small stuffed toy and snuggle me like crazy. Also, i can't directly change their forms in the wonderland i have to get their permission, i kinda give them more control or freedom in the wonderland than me ;).

Summer and cherry also likes to play this minigame with me where both of them switch forms and and see if i can notice if they swotch (they usually do this before i go inside the wonderland and without my notice.)

@@Foxy Socks,

That is very normal, actually that is a hood sign. You are prohressing very fast! Keep it up and she'll be on her own in no time! :D

I also did that when i was developing and parrotting summer

OH WOW! She can already change her voice? I had to use nihi's voice just to get across. It is a sign that you are prossing excellently keep it up!

I want to talk to her! Hi i am summer i am nihi's tulpa! We can't wait for you to talk and introduce yourself! It is nice to meet you! Keep surprising your partner:D

• Brohoof 2