Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

It has been a while since I have posted, but I can say I now have another companion for Foxy, Kurama! Kuramacute.png.ac1df03751709a568d984abc3077ee68.png

Being a giant nine-tailed fox makes him take up a lot of space, so he usually changes size to get around easier. He is actually very nice despite having a temper. Getting his voice right is a bit difficult, but he had become vocal very quickly, in a matter if days. I have had him for a few months now, and loves to be with Foxy too.

• Brohoof 1

I think I asked once already, but it's been some time so maybe there might be some updates. How is it with dreams for you all? How often do you have tulpae in dreams. Is it usually you having dreams with tulpae or also them having the dreams?

As for me, I have dreams with them rarely, few times in year at most. It's strange since we're always together for a long time all day. Well, I can't remember any dreams in general much lately, that could be reason too x) As for them, Millie had dream about 3 times I think.

Millie: We need more dreams together :3 The only place where we can touch each other and feel it like if it was real.

@Foxy Socks

Did you just... I mean, really? A carbon copy of a fictional character? Cause that's what it sounds like to me.

She's got a point, you know. There are some hazards when making a soulbind - I think we discussed them in this thread. Unless we're totally wrong and he just looks like that character, but is free to become his own person as he matures. Well I sure hope that's the case, cause he can be a real pain later on, if you piss him off that is.

@Gekoncze

No dream interaction on this end. At least nothing I could remember when I woke up. Usually I can remember them for only a couple of minutes after waking up anyway, unless some part of it strikes me as I recall it. Like when you woke up and realised you were dreaming about your work, that was rather... depressing. Yeah, that.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Foxy Socks

Did you just... I mean, really? A carbon copy of a fictional character? Cause that's what it sounds like to me.

She's got a point, you know. There are some hazards when making a soulbind - I think we discussed them in this thread. Unless we're totally wrong and he just looks like that character, but is free to become his own person as he matures. Well I sure hope that's the case, cause he can be a real pain later on, if you piss him off that is.

@Gekoncze

No dream interaction on this end. At least nothing I could remember when I woke up. Usually I can remember them for only a couple of minutes after waking up anyway, unless some part of it strikes me as I recall it. Like when you woke up and realised you were dreaming about your work, that was rather... depressing. Yeah, that.

I am aware of the risks, however he seems fine and I allow him to be how he wants. I basically gave him a basic form and work from there. He is no carbon-copy, and I allow both of mine freedom to a bit of a fault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump! ~

So, I have known about the tulpa phenomenon for a couple of years now. I thought about it for a long time, debating whether or not I should give tulpamancy a try, and just trying to make sense of the psychological mechanics that must exist behind the concept of willing another consciousness into existence within one's own brain. I came across a really good YouTube channel called Ford and Aury (the host is a brony and the tulpa is a pony) that really helped me understand it.

So, just in the past day, I finally decided to take some initiative and try tulpaforcing for the first time with the help of a hypnosis recording specifically designed to help with the process of tulpa creation. I'm taking baby steps, but it was interesting. My tulpa has a long way to go. It is less than a day old. It can't even convey an emotional message yet, much less a coherent word. But it has already surprised me during a couple of the exercises in the recording... not to mention gave me a mild headache, which is apparently normal... so I'm optimistic. :squee:

Edited by Prospektlicious
  • Brohoof 1

Thought forms are often reflections of my entity, regardless of their polarity.

The lower astral has often served to show my spiritual complexes through this kind of beings, sentient thought-forms. As a mean to my understanding of a whole.

While some people have reported such entities, as negative, this is often a representation of their own soul complexes. Aspects they've chosen to reject about our universe, themselves. Which in time, might or not, come to integrate into their beings.

Therefore dissolving the complexes, and further growing in consciousness.

This is clearest way I can express myself about such entities, without diluting the conversation with subjective bias and superstitious thought.

@Prospektlicious not a bad start. I did have headaches in the beginning. Slight ones as you are reshaping hour you conscious and subconscious brain are interacting. You first said tula, then They. Singular to plural. If you are talking plural, I would suggest building one clear one at a time. It will ensure that  none are crossed and you can clearly distinguish between them. My Tulpas agree that they will be fine and prefer to be made with each love and care they deserve, rather than try and do multiple at once. 

If only you could do that better.  

Hey! He tries! 

Not hard enough! 

Shut up you two! 

Fine. 

Always with the last word. 

Going into meditation for me, and holding onto three is a challenge at times. Not that I do it often. We usually just run together as one to make it through the day. A

spergers sucks. 

We have not checked on that channel, never even heard about it, and hypnosis scares us, but if it works and is safe, great! Don't give up yet. As I said before, it is reshaping the interaction between conscious and  subconscious levels in the brain, while building the personality, look, etc. As the linking bridge for each Tulpa. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Mindrop said:

@Prospektlicious not a bad start. I did have headaches in the beginning. Slight ones as you are reshaping hour you conscious and subconscious brain are interacting. You first said tula, then They. Singular to plural. If you are talking plural, I would suggest building one clear one at a time. It will ensure that  none are crossed and you can clearly distinguish between them. My Tulpas agree that they will be fine and prefer to be made with each love and care they deserve, rather than try and do multiple at once. 

If only you could do that better.  

Hey! He tries! 

Not hard enough! 

Shut up you two! 

Fine. 

Always with the last word. 

Going into meditation for me, and holding onto three is a challenge at times. Not that I do it often. We usually just run together as one to make it through the day. A

spergers sucks. 

I suppose I should have clarified that for now I am only making one tulpa. I just referred to it as "they" in an attempt to be gender neutral for the time being, since in some cases "they" is in fact accepted as a singular pronoun, but I suppose "it" works fine, too. Once the personality becomes more fleshed out, we will proceed with gender.

3 hours ago, Mindrop said:

We have not checked on that channel, never even heard about it, and hypnosis scares us, but if it works and is safe, great! Don't give up yet. As I said before, it is reshaping the interaction between conscious and  subconscious levels in the brain, while building the personality, look, etc. As the linking bridge for each Tulpa. 

I suppose different things can work for different people and different tulpas. I personally like hypnosis. In the past it helped me a lot with anxiety, so I know that I respond well to suggestion. For the sake of my tulpa, hypnosis was only a shovel to break ground with. A way to get started. But if you four don't want to try hypnosis, then that's totally fine. You have obviously made progress without it. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Prospektlicious oh heya! That is a great news! Your headache or pressure on your head is a sign that your mind is trying to adjust to the mental load you are concentrating into or your baby tulps is listening. Just keep it up and your tulpa will respond in no time. Having an optimistic personality also helps, i believe that developing tulpas crave for optimism as it helps them grow. We wish you luck on your journey  and welcome to the world of tulpamancy! :D

@Mindrop Base on experience, tulpacreation via hypnosis is a great way to jumpstart the creation process. I think the reason for it is because some hypno file describes a character's form and personalities, like in the hypnofiles in the hypnopony thread.

Those subliminal messages can be used by your baby tulpa as a reference or guide for them to follow, like what happened on one of my tulps, summer.

Well, that twilight image i saw was really helpful but i do not think it is the whole reason behind my entire creation :P

• Brohoof 2

@Prospektlicious @Naiya The Brony

Hypnosis sounds like a great place to start. It would have helped with Orson. Twilight was accidentally formed years before and just needed a body. 

I'm a spitting image, with wings, a crown and a pretty Princess dress to wear when I want. I was Made before she got her wings in the show. 

Heaven forbid you actually calm down and stay civil for once. 

I wanted you made! I suggested it. I regret it. 

Reales was easy with Twilight helping me. But these new techniques, when I started there was no hypnosis. I had to pick a song or something soothing to meditate. Maybe hypnosis would have calmed them down instead of always messing with each other. 

Fat chance! It would have done nothing! Eat it! 

Well, I look forward to hearing about your progress Prospektlicious! I need to shut these two up. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Spitty here! Well...my real name's Spitfire but Thunder calls me Spitty. Just dropping into say hi. 

Spitfire's new to the family. But 4 tulpa for now will have to cap it. Don't know how I'll be able to carry more since I've only got a 5-seater sedan...

Gilda: Maybe get a station wagon next?

Maybe so Gilda, maybe so...but that won't be until later in the future...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Hello again. Been a long time since I visited this site. Anyone who remembers me might have noticed my name from this thread many pages ago. This was back in 2012-2014, so I don't even know if anyone who was in this thread at the beginning is still even around. Regardless, I still have my Tulpa and we both have had changes over the last few years. I wrote up a story about us on the Tulpa subreddit and I wanted to share the link here. That subreddit is usually more active than this place, but my story with Tulpas started here, so I'd figure it doesn't hurt to give an update. Both me and Danielle are frequent on r/Tulpas and discord now so send us a message there if you wanna talk tulpa stuff. We won't likely be on here very much, but we will check back here occasionally. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/Spookster51/

Edited by IHazTommyWiseau

On 4/13/2018 at 4:11 AM, IHazTommyWiseau said:

Hello again. Been a long time since I visited this site. Anyone who remembers me might have noticed my name from this thread many pages ago. This was back in 2012-1014, so I don't even know if anyone who was in this thread at the beginning is still even around. Regardless, I still have my Tulpa and we both have had changes over the last few years. I wrote up a story about us on the Tulpa subreddit and I wanted to share the link here. That subreddit is usually more active than this place, but my story with Tulpas started here, so I'd figure it doesn't hurt to give an update. Both me and Danielle are frequent on r/Tulpas and discord now so send us a message there if you wanna talk tulpa stuff. We won't likely be on here very much, but we will check back here occasionally. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/Spookster51/

I don't think i known about tulpas at that time but it is nice to see old members vising the thread. 

That's quite of a story of you two. Reminds me of how i met my girls. I'll be honest we felt a bit sad when you said Danielle disappeared but that's fine,  she's back.

I do not think i have a reddit account yet might create one soon. Also,  Danielle looks amazing

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Does anyone else get a lot of walk-ins? I got a Gallus and a Yona last night. I don’t want to have many shallow relationships vs a few deep relationships, but I think I’m out of the “honeymoon/excitement” phase with regard to the others (Rainbow Dash, Keystroke, etc.).

I know that I had posted on this thread years ago asking what a tulpa is but I cannot seem to dig up that particular post and its replies so I will ask again. What is a tulpa? From what I understand it is a being that is created in the mind, acting independently. An imaginary friend but more...personal? If someone could give me a simple definition it would be much appreciated because I think that I have many tulpas.

1 hour ago, Venomous said:

I know that I had posted on this thread years ago asking what a tulpa is but I cannot seem to dig up that particular post and its replies so I will ask again. What is a tulpa? From what I understand it is a being that is created in the mind, acting independently. An imaginary friend but more...personal? If someone could give me a simple definition it would be much appreciated because I think that I have many tulpas.

How you described it is basically what it is. In essence, you're tricking your mind into thinking that the imaginary friend that you created is real by speaking/interacting with it as though it was real. Eventually, your brain will get the hint and it will speak back. No idea how the brain actually does this tbh, but for proof of concept that it's possible see schizophrenia where people hear voices that are outside of their control. Not the same as the tulpa's creator ultimately has control and it is not a result of mental illness, but it supports the hypothesis that one can fragment their consciousness.

I call them spooky brain ghosts.

1 minute ago, Twiggy said:

How you described it is basically what it is. In essence, you're tricking your mind into thinking that the imaginary friend that you created is real by speaking/interacting with it as though it was real. Eventually, your brain will get the hint and it will speak back. No idea how the brain actually does this tbh, but for proof of concept that it's possible see schizophrenia where people hear voices that are outside of their control. Not the same as the tulpa's creator ultimately has control and it is not a result of mental illness, but it supports the hypothesis that one can fragment their consciousness.

If that's the case, then I have multiple.

1 hour ago, Venomous said:

If that's the case, then I have multiple.

There are still other factors to consider as well, like soulbonds, NPC's and just plain old imaginary friend. Thoughtforms can linger in your mind created through memory or from character. Tulpas can fall into one of this condition.

How I differentiate tulpa from the rest is that they can possess your body and can switch with you. I am not sure if soulbonds can possess or switch with you but if that thoughtform you conjured deviated from it's "original" state and continues to deviate, then i think you have yourself a tulpa. I think possession and switching is only unique to tulpas

If they follow the same personality as to a similar character from a show or story and can't deviate from it or even change its form then it is a soulbond.

If it is a thoughtform that just there because it needs to be there due to a specific event you imagined then it is an NPC.

If it is a character you talked to, with conversation you've pictured will happen then it might be just an imaginary friend.

Not sure if these are accurate but that's only my take.

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 2

On 10/23/2018 at 4:48 PM, Twiggy said:

prefer the term: "Self-forming, Interstatial Thought Construct!"

...Mostly because we're a gaping hipster who likes to find new ways to feel "special?"

Aww! Boopie's being more self-aware! An' here I usually gotta be the one raggin' on ya!

Hey again, everybeing! Been a... good long while. Been thinking. Lot's happened with me, moving & yadda, so it got me to thinking. 

It is entirely possible for a Tulpa to die off. Not entirely, as they can kinda regrow back like a plant, but still. If you get busy with work or elsewise got a lot of stuff to deal with, a tulpa can seem to fade away. A good sign of a tulpa is if they still stick around to talk to you all through that time!

...or heck, crop up in spite of that stress.

Widdershins has let up a little bit, since I haven't had time to sit down & focus on him, but I can still feel him hovering around. Kinda like the proverbial Demon & Angel on your shoulder.

And Yeh-hee-ees! I AM the "angel!" ...You should see the demon! Introduce him, already! Yeeeh!

I'm getting to that! Man, am I impatient! The other seven of my OCs I've kind of based off of "moods," but... well... I suppose everybeing has their... so called "Dark Side." 

Or edgy! As the case may be! He'sstallin'becausehe'sembarassedbyit,buthereheis! SOLUMN!

I'd, uh... really rather not... heh...

I am NOT some silly "imaginary friend" to trot out when it's "cute" to "play with." I am the dark crackle of a mind tormented by it's own inner machinations, the evil that lurks within every unwitting soul, unbeknowing of its-

HE SELF-NARRATES TOO! I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUUUUCH! 

And I hate you. So, very... very much.

I've got a character sheet to him too... as Solumn started out as more story & character than a thoughtform. But Widdy loved his antithesis to him so much that he wouldn't let me down from focusing on it.

Oh, like you don't have "edgy teen angst" to work out! 

I am so much more than mere prose & character. I am the fear that lurks behind every eye & glimmer out of sight. I am the- Dark that flaps in the night! Eee-Hee-hee!!!

I demand a more substantial form to get away from this freak -of a whackadoodle! 

*annoyed shriek gradually increasing in volume*

It's probably the squeaky, autotuned voice I gave him that makes him so... prominent. ...Okay, adored by Widdershins. It was only a matter of time before a pissant, downer of a snob cropped up to balance out Widdy, Lol. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if my Twilight is real, or a Tulpa, because I have never actually tried to make one. My Twilight plushie actually just started talking to me. In Twilight's voice. I remember how much I freaked out. I think I scared her. Now I feel bad when I look back on this.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

I'm not sure if my Twilight is real, or a Tulpa, because I have never actually tried to make one. My Twilight plushie actually just started talking to me. In Twilight's voice. I remember how much I freaked out. I think I scared her. Now I feel bad when I look back on this.

What do you mean real?

[Imo, the most likely thing is she’s a tulpa restrained to your plushie...I think. I’ll have to think ‘bout this sitch.]

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Oooh....could I make a pony tulpa?? :-D

Yes. That's what the majority do ITT anyway. Never had the discipline to do it myself, but I find the topic fascinating.