Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

You guys are making me feel really bad, I'm still trying to get my 30 traits together and how I'm going to have them effect the overall personality of my tulpa... :blush:

Don't worry, things will fall in place, it just takes different amounts of time depending on each person. Just keep trudging forward and you'll get something soon enough!

Don't worry, things will fall in place, it just takes different amounts of time depending on each person. Just keep trudging forward and you'll get something soon enough!

The thing is, I don't know how specific I need to get. I mean do I just go with "kind-hearted" or do I go with something like "kind-hearted because of her optimism and her willingness to trust" ? Or something even more specific?

The thing is, I don't know how specific I need to get. I mean do I just go with "kind-hearted" or do I go with something like "kind-hearted because of her optimism and her willingness to trust" ? Or something even more specific?

What I do is basically say the trait, then elaborate upon it. Also, it's advised to directly address your tulpa to gain sentience quicker. (i.e. You are kind-hearted as you have trust in others. Your optimism towards so and so also affects your kind-hearted nature.")

What I do is basically say the trait, then elaborate upon it. Also, it's advised to directly address your tulpa to gain sentience quicker. (i.e. You are kind-hearted as you have trust in others. Your optimism towards so and so also affects your kind-hearted nature.")

You should also:

• Use the Tulpa's name frequently
  • Use words such as Naturally, Easily, and Effortlessly.
Those things help connect with the consciousness easier.

You should also:

• Use the Tulpa's name frequently
  • Use words such as Naturally, Easily, and Effortlessly.
Those things help connect with the consciousness easier.

Oh man does "naturally" help out, that's when I get those shivers.

Nice.

Since I am lazy and ran out of traits...

Do you think you could like give me 3 more? Ehehehe...

No probemo, take your pick:

opinionated

.peaceful

.polite

.rational

.responsible

witty

confident

cultured

I have loads more if you need

My traits are so bucking generic, I'm going to end up with some cardboard box of a tulpa. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I think I read somewhere that personalities don't stop developing even after finishing the steps, so I wouldn't worry about having a flat tulpa.

I used that too...

Weird. I may just resort to adding three bad ones to like counteract the 27 good ones.

I think adding a few negative traits will help create a more round tulps. Besides, I could imagine hanging around something that was always "perfect"

Okay, so I want my tulpa to have a sense of humor right? But not just any type of humor, I want her to have a slightly sarcastic sense of humor.

Now, I don't want to go overboard and have a cynical, condescending tulpa, as those personalities are often connected to sarcasm, so I'm trying to find the right words to use.

I've been thinking about using the term "ironic humor" to describe the sarcasm I would like her to sometimes use. Any suggestions?

Okay, so I want my tulpa to have a sense of humor right? But not just any type of humor, I want her to have a slightly sarcastic sense of humor.

Now, I don't want to go overboard and have a cynical, condescending tulpa, as those personalities are often connected to sarcasm, so I'm trying to find the right words to use.

I've been thinking about using the term "ironic humor" to describe the sarcasm I would like her to sometimes use. Any suggestions?

I used the term satirical myself to describe a type of humor with slight cynicism in her tone. Kind of like Han Solo, if you can imagine.
  • Brohoof 1

I used the term satirical myself to describe a type of humor with slight cynicism in her tone. Kind of like Han Solo, if you can imagine.

YES exactly like Han Solo! lol That is actually where I got the inspiration for that bit of her.

YES exactly like Han Solo! lol That is actually where I got the inspiration for that bit of her.

Haha, I find it kind of funny that we're using similar inspirations to make tulpas. Question: is your tulpa based upon a preexisting pony?

Haha, I find it kind of funny that we're using similar inspirations to make tulpas. Question: is your tulpa based upon a preexisting pony?

I'm planning for the appearance of my tulpa to be loosely based off of a humanized version of Octavia while the personality is completely original.

I'm planning for the appearance of my tulpa to be loosely based off of a humanized version of Octavia while the personality is completely original.

Funny, I'm basing the appearance off Octavia also! I'm still not sure if want a pony or human form though.

(edited)

Nice; if I was to use a humanized Tavi, this would be one of the bases for me.

I figured that the if the tulpa is going to be around forever (more or less), then the two of us would probably become really close. So, if Octavia is supposedly Vinyl's best friend, why not have Octavia as a best friend or, if nothing else, a friend for life? Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch
  • Brohoof 1