Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I figured that the if the tulpa is going to be around forever (more or less), then the two of us would probably become really close. So, if Octavia is supposedly Vinyl's best friend, why not have Octavia as a best friend or, if nothing else, a friend for life?

Yeah, pretty much my basis.

On a side note, I just did a 30 minute session with Queen playing in the background. I don't know what happened, but I got a huge euphoric wave and some sort of spotlight started shining through. I really hope that's some progress.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, pretty much my basis.

On a side note, I just did a 30 minute session with Queen playing in the background. I don't know what happened, but I got a huge euphoric wave and some sort of spotlight started shining through. I really hope that's some progress.

That usually happens to me whenever I listen to Queen. :P

I've reached 31 hours of tulpaforcing so far, but any kind of response has yet to come. Then again I've pretty much followed FAQ Man's guide on tulpa.info and sort of had the expectation of not having any kind of response until around 50 hours. I think belief and what you expect ultimately can affect the creation, just like with lucid dreams.

something interesting happened this morning. While I was forcing for an hour and a half, I felt like I was getting mini muscle spasms. Progress? Hopefully something productive's happening.

I get those too. I think it's just your brains way of making sure your muscles ain't asleep. Don't worry 'bout 'em.

How am I just now getting to this thread?

Anyways, I am sure the farthest to a tulpa I would be able to get is to the point where I get the image in my head. It seems WAY to complicated, and I have not the slightest idea how this whole meditation thing works out. Somebody let me borrow their tulpa.

(This is starting to feel like a personal blog now) Just did an hour of tulpaforcing with Dark Side of the Moon, and I got the weirdest feeling I've had while forcing. It felt like a huge wave of happiness and excitement passed through with the sensation of spinning around.

(edited)

I'm sorry to say, but unless you think you're creating a new spiritual being from these actions, then everything this "Tulpa" does will be a product of your subconsciousness since it will still be a product of your mind. If this Tulpa should be able to act on it's own it would mean that it has a mind of it's own, meaning that what you think you're doing is creating some kind of mystical being in the shape you want to through concentration. To me, that sounds rather like tricking your own mind to create this being for you to see.

You explained that it would be unable to interact with the physical world, I believe this is another proof of it just being a mental creation rather than something with a mind of it's own. Because anything you imagine or can imagine is part of your subconsciousness, during those 100 hours of meditation you will have some kind of idea about how this being will act, and because of those 100 hours it will seem like it's doing it on it's own rather than by your imagination, but it won't. Every action will be a product of the picture you had for this being, it will act through how you subconsciously think it will act and you won't notice it because it's not directly in your train of thought how it's supposed to act.

That is, if you look at it as a product of self-inflicted hallucinations, which I believe this to be, and don't get me wrong, I think it sounds absolutely awesome. But if you mean that this being will directly act on it's own accord, then this is some spiritual belief that you have either created or summoned for your own amusement.

Either you are a heavy believer in the supernatural or you're just missing the fact that if it's only in your head, it will act according to your head.

Edited by Inkfeather
  • Brohoof 2

Learned about tuplas yesterday. Did you guys know this thread is the first Google result for "make a pony tulpa"?

I decided to try this because I've always been interested in the mind and altering psychological perceptions. Lucid dreaming has always been interesting to me, so this sounds like something fun to try.

I've been reading as many guides as I can find, read this whole thread, and the whole thing sounds morbidly interesting.

When logging your hours, do you usually use a timer? Does it mess up your concentration when it goes off?

• Brohoof 1

When logging your hours, do you usually use a timer? Does it mess up your concentration when it goes off?

I use my phones countdown. I set it on then start the session, when I finish I stop and add up the minutes. Or, when I'm at my computer I have this 1 hour tone that's supposed to increase concentration (it works for me), and I use the minutes that's passed since it started to know how long it was.

Although, some say that counting time is useless, just do however long you need and sapience will come on its own. No need to be compulsive about the time, as it's different for everyone.

I'm sorry to say, but unless you think you're creating a new spiritual being from these actions, then everything this "Tulpa" does will be a product of your subconsciousness since it will still be a product of your mind. If this Tulpa should be able to act on it's own it would mean that it has a mind of it's own, meaning that what you think you're doing is creating some kind of mystical being in the shape you want to through concentration. To me, that sounds rather like tricking your own mind to create this being for you to see.

You explained that it would be unable to interact with the physical world, I believe this is another proof of it just being a mental creation rather than something with a mind of it's own. Because anything you imagine or can imagine is part of your subconsciousness, during those 100 hours of meditation you will have some kind of idea about how this being will act, and because of those 100 hours it will seem like it's doing it on it's own rather than by your imagination, but it won't. Every action will be a product of the picture you had for this being, it will act through how you subconsciously think it will act and you won't notice it because it's not directly in your train of thought how it's supposed to act.

That is, if you look at it as a product of self-inflicted hallucinations, which I believe this to be, and don't get me wrong, I think it sounds absolutely awesome. But if you mean that this being will directly act on it's own accord, then this is some spiritual belief that you have either created or summoned for your own amusement.

Either you are a heavy believer in the supernatural or you're just missing the fact that if it's only in your head, it will act according to your head.

From everything I've read up on tulpas, I never found any source that doubted that it's a product of your own mental concentration.

• Brohoof 1

Well I have an hour long Theta Tone track that I listen to when Tulpaforcing.

Whenever I feel that I accomplished enough, I just see how much time has passed on the track and log that down.

The question is do you really want a pony to permanently be embedded in your life? In 20 years from now, will you still want that pastel colored animated creature judging your every move and voicing it's own "opinion"? I wouldn't want one now, nor would I want one later. I have real friends, I don't need to make fake pony ones.

The question is do you really want a pony to permanently be embedded in your life? In 20 years from now, will you still want that pastel colored animated creature judging your every move and voicing it's own "opinion"? I wouldn't want one now, nor would I want one later. I have real friends, I don't need to make fake pony ones.

well yeah, your own mind is no substitute for real people, but I think this would be cool to try nonetheless. I know that all a tulpa is is a figment of your own imagination, so I see no harm in it personally :P

to each his own I guess, I'm mostly just curious.

Thanks for the info, RBDash and Chigens. I've decided that I want Pinkie Pie as a tulpa. And yes, I've read up on the dangers of basing them off pre-made characters, but I'm taking precautions to prevent identity issues. I'm doing as much research as I possibly can before I start on this.

And I think it's definitely going to have to stay a secret to my family, at least - my mom was pretty concerned and freaked out when I tried explaining lucid dreaming to her, so I think she doesn't have to know about this. :P

You can "kill them" you know...

Nor does it have to be a pony either.

Also, they accept you for who you are and hardly judge, knowing that they would only be hurting themselves.