Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

The question is do you really want a pony to permanently be embedded in your life? In 20 years from now, will you still want that pastel colored animated creature judging your every move and voicing it's own "opinion"? I wouldn't want one now, nor would I want one later. I have real friends, I don't need to make fake pony ones.

Yeah, like Chigens said, they don't have to be a pony. They don't even have to be human. I read somewhere of people having inanimate objects as tulpas, although I'm not exactly sue how that would work. Plus, even if you don't have the heart to "kill it", you can just send it away like you would if you weren't getting rid of it.

I'm the 200th reply, yay.

You can "kill them" you know...

Nor does it have to be a pony either.

Also, they accept you for who you are and hardly judge, knowing that they would only be hurting themselves.

Well I didn't know you could kill it. And I do admit, it is a cool and facsinating topic, I personally would not create one as of right now. And I know that they don't have to be ponies, but the topic of this thread is pony tulpas so....

I do wish you and anyone else who wants to try good luck tho <3

• Brohoof 1

From everything I've read up on tulpas, I never found any source that doubted that it's a product of your own mental concentration.

And that means that whatever tulpa you choose to conjure forth is still a product of your subconciousness, every action it does will be, and anything it represents will be as well. If it's something created by your own head, then it's outside normal possibilities that it would act on it's own accord. There's no way that the things the OP said, about it's actions having nothing to do with what you think, is true.

Don't get me wrong, having a Tulpa could be awesome, but it's still only a product of your own head, nothing more.

And that means that whatever tulpa you choose to conjure forth is still a product of your subconciousness, every action it does will be, and anything it represents will be as well. If it's something created by your own head, then it's outside normal possibilities that it would act on it's own accord. There's no way that the things the OP said, about it's actions having nothing to do with what you think, is true.

Don't get me wrong, having a Tulpa could be awesome, but it's still only a product of your own head, nothing more.

But see, it becomes ingrained in your subconscious. Your subconscious isn't an area you can normally control, nor do you know what it's doing. So yes, while it is still part of your own mind, its actions and personality will seem alien because our subconscious is alien to our conscious mind.

If I interpreted what I read correctly, the idea behind a tulpa is similar to the one of a beating heart.
  • Brohoof 1

But see, it becomes ingrained in your subconscious. Your subconscious isn't an area you can normally control, nor do you know what it's doing. So yes, while it is still part of your own mind, its actions and personality will seem alien because our subconscious is alien to our conscious mind.

I concur

will seem alien

That's my whole point. I know that we will have no direct control over it, but it will still tie it's action to events in our life, emotions and current happening, whether we want it to or not, that's how the subconcious work. We may not control it, but our environment does. It's actions will SEEM alien, but I'm sure that if you analyse it more directly, it's action will seem reasonable to the given situation, because of your subconcious, though of course, to do this you will need to know that it is just a thing your head conjured up.

If I interpreted what I read correctly, the idea behind a tulpa is similar to the one of a beating heart.

Interesting way to compare them. And I can definitely see the idea in it, having such a thing follow you around automatically. BUT, just as a beating heart takes up energy, so will the tulpa, and because it's your own head that have created this being, it will use mental willpower as well as physical energy to keep it in existence, just as the heart also requires energy to continue beating.

It may not be much, but it will nonetheless still be a factor.

As hypocritical as this is to my previous statements, as the result of summer boredom and an oddly increasing interest in human psychology, I just may begin making a tulpa. It will most likely not be a pony or a human, probably something simpler or "weirder." Not sure yet, but I believe that their are better choices than humans or ponies.

Ugg...Finally hit the 20 hour mark and I'm dreading it.

I cant visualize ANYTHING in my mind....Even when I'm super concentrating, I cant make any part of it's body out.

Jeez...I have no idea why it's so hard.

Help, tips, anything?

I cant visualize ANYTHING in my mind....Even when I'm super concentrating, I cant make any part of it's body out.

Help, tips, anything?

First of all: is your tulpa sentient yet? If not, you should keep on working on personality/narration until it becomes sentient enough to talk to you on its own.

As for visualization, I'd look at some pictures as references. The important part is that you visualizes each body part individually before putting it all together.

First of all: is your tulpa sentient yet?

If not, you should keep on working on personality/narration until it becomes sentient enough to talk to you on its own.

As for visualization, I'd look at some pictures as references. The important part is that you visualizes each body part individually before putting it all together.

Nope.

That could take up to 50 or more hours. I'm not spending that long on personality, although I constantly narrate to the thing. Which I will continue to do.

I do, but I still cant visualize it at all.

You don't need to make the tulpa sentient before making its form. You choose what feels best for you.

Nope.

That could take up to 50 or more hours. I'm not spending that long on personality, although I constantly narrate to the thing. Which I will continue to do.

I do, but I still cant visualize it at all.

Maybe this thread can be of help? http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Visualization-Help-And-Christians?highlight=visualization

• Brohoof 1

You don't need to make the tulpa sentient before making its form. You choose what feels best for you.

Yeah, my bad. I was going over what I'm doing personally, it can be up to you

Hmm. Another thing.

I haven't really been able to feel my Tulpa sometimes lately.

It's like it comes and goes. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Anything like this happen to you guys?

Hmm. Another thing.

I haven't really been able to feel my Tulpa sometimes lately.

It's like it comes and goes. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Anything like this happen to you guys?

I used to get some headaches while forcing, but those have disappeared.

On a major note for me, I was just doing a session, when I heard ​something. It sounded like a heavily muffled voice talking through a wall. I think something's beginning for me.

I used to get some headaches while forcing, but those have disappeared.

On a major note for me, I was just doing a session, when I heard ​something. It sounded like a heavily muffled voice talking through a wall. I think something's beginning for me.

I wasn't specifically talking about forcing.

I usually can feel my Tulpa's pressure all the time. Just the past few days it's been on and off.

Again, I'm not sure if it is good or bad though...

That sounds awesome, eerie, and fun. I want one. I know what I'm doing when I'm not on the forums now :D

Those were my thoughts too.

I waste so much time, why not put it toward something.

(edited)

After my first hour of forcing the personality, I feel almost as if my thoughts are being amassed somewhere uncomfortably close to me. I hope it's a good sign.

Edited by ADashOfRainbow

Help, tips, anything?

I start with a leg and slowly go throughout the entire body. Also, focus on just your imagination. The lights that appear when you close your eyes are a distraction, for tulpaforcing purposes they don't exist.

Right now I'm 9.5 hours in. Right now I'm forcing both personality and visualization, because I was bored of pure personality, and I wasn't able to narrate all day to a steel orb. I feel like I'm making great progress, I can feel pressure whenever I narrate or force.

Ok, I've read a few of the guides floating around and I think I'm going to give this a shot.

One question though, I'm trying to think of some ideal personality characteristics and most of the things I'm coming up are very similar to myself. Is there any reason I should avoid making a tulpa too much like myself or would that me fine?

Ok, I've read a few of the guides floating around and I think I'm going to give this a shot.

One question though, I'm trying to think of some ideal personality characteristics and most of the things I'm coming up are very similar to myself. Is there any reason I should avoid making a tulpa too much like myself or would that me fine?

I don't see any too negative effects. It would be like having a twin brother or someone who you'll probably will always get along with. It's your tulpa, so any qualities you like in a person/pony, you'll probably put into a Tulpa naturally. Unless you are annoyed with a few certain qualities of yourself that you put in your Tulpa, it probably should go fine.

Interesting update with my Tulpa. I've not received any vocal answers yet, but my Tulpa is definitely sentient. It's rather amazing actually. I've got the visualization down, working on imposing my Tulpa on my senses now. (Sight is the hardest.) Last night I spent a while listening to music and working on my Tulpa's singing voice as well as her speaking voice.

We're growing rather close. She laughs (or at least humorously smiles) at funny things I show her, gives me a comforting look when I'm sad, and she seems to brood on things that I think about and looks like she wants to provide insight but is still unable to speak. It may take a while before she actually does, and she seems to know that.

Though we're both amazed that it's worked and that the progress has been stunning, almost concerning. . . I'm not even near 20 hours and yet my Tulpa is nearly complete.