Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

i talk to her every day i dont know whats wrong

Is she able to talk back, or even just do things to indicate "yes" and "no". You could ask her what's wrong, even if you have to ask a bunch of yes/no questions to narrow it down.

Is she able to talk back, or even just do things to indicate "yes" and "no". You could ask her what's wrong, even if you have to ask a bunch of yes/no questions to narrow it down

thing is she says she dont wanna talk about it all the time 

Does anyone know the ratio of male:female Tulpamancers, and the global distribution of tulpamancers? I recently came up with a disturbing theory that I really don't want to be true (and revolves around a controversial issue that may cause a flamewar/derail the thread if I bring it up).

Does anyone know the ratio of male:female Tulpamancers, and the global distribution of tulpamancers? I recently came up with a disturbing theory that I really don't want to be true (and revolves around a controversial issue that may cause a flamewar/derail the thread if I bring it up).

We want to know.

Also, as for ratios, I'd say 60:40 male:female, about.

We want to know.

Also, as for ratios, I'd say 60:40 male:female, about.

Most tulpamancers are in the US, right? Where infant circumcision is common?

My theory is that tulpamancy (for men, at least) is an unconscious attempt to fill a hole created by circumcision--on some level, the brain is aware that something (the foreskin) is missing.

Iirc, one of the popular reasons for making a tulpa is "because you can trust them more/they're really loyal, like no one else"--if one of your first experiences outside the womb is your parents handing you to a doctor who restrains you and causes you a lot of pain (multiple videos I've found on Youtube all show the baby, restrained, struggling and crying loudly and shrilly), you'll obviously have problems trusting other humans.

[Then could you explain the 40, now that you've explained the 60?]

Touché, Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 1

Most tulpamancers are in the US, right? Where infant circumcision is common?

My theory is that tulpamancy (for men, at least) is an unconscious attempt to fill a hole created by circumcision--on some level, the brain is aware that something (the foreskin) is missing.

Iirc, one of the popular reasons for making a tulpa is "because you can trust them more/they're really loyal, like no one else"--if one of your first experiences outside the womb is your parents handing you to a doctor who restrains you and causes you a lot of pain (multiple videos I've found on Youtube all show the baby, restrained, struggling and crying loudly and shrilly), you'll obviously have problems trusting other humans.

[Then could you explain the 40, now that you've explained the 60?]

Touché, Rainbow Dash.

No offense, but that's complete BS.

• Brohoof 2

No offense, but that's complete BS.

I figured it was, because it didn't account for female tulpamancers, and I came up with it in five minutes. I wanted to know if you guys thought it was, too.

On a different topic, what do you think is the mechanism behind tulpas? Agent-detection on overdrive?

I figured it was, because it didn't account for female tulpamancers, and I came up with it in five minutes. I wanted to know if you guys thought it was, too.

On a different topic, what do you think is the mechanism behind tulpas? Agent-detection on overdrive?

I think you're overthinking it, to be honest.  Why don't you take a break for a bit and relax?

• Brohoof 2

Does anyone have any theories about where tulpas come from? My theory (stemming from the fact that Rainbow Dash remembers me trait-forcing her in a dark void) is that tulpas are more "called from the depths of the mind" than "created". Of course, that memory could be confabulated. We were discussing this earlier today: Dash has a memory of a scenario similar to a later episode of Fullmetal Alchemist (a self-aware being in a dark void), and I remember seeing early episodes of the anime as a kid, so maybe I saw the later episodes too. Fluttershy said that "I saw the later episode as a kid" is unfalsifiable, which makes the "confabulation" theory questionable.

So more weird things happen whilst I'm bordering on consciousness. Noting that I haven't forced in over a month.

A few nights ago, I was almost asleep, when that same forehead sensation I've talked about happened again. But it was stronger than ever before. This was inconvenient, considering I needed to get up early the next day. So, I pretty much just mentally told her "not now". The response to that was... weird. The sensation immediately stopped, which normally doesn't happen unless I touch the area. Accompanying that was a distinctly saddened and feminine-sounding "K..." Now, I normally have some kind of auditory something when I'm that tired, but this was different for a few reasons. First, it was almost immediate. Normally, these things take a second or two to respond. That "K" didn't hesitate at all. I'd almost say it was instant. And second, it was much more vivid than any auditory thing before. Most of the time it's just mindvoice. But this, I actually heard. I did, admittedly, dismiss it since it's not completely unlike something normal for me. But, that changed the next night.

Same scenario. Late at night, I was tired, and had to get up. This time, no sensation, no voice, no nothing. Just the distinct feeling of something caressing my face. I could tell there were three fingers at the same time, at most. None of them felt thumb-y, they seemed smaller than a person's, and they all felt a lot softer than skin. But Dear God was it vivid! If I didn't know I was alone in the room, I would have grabbed a knife or something! The odd part was... I wasn't scared. At all. As if those fingers were trying to comfort me. I... don't know how to explain. It was incredibly bizarre, unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The link was this, though: her current planned form is that of a nimbat, a creature with three small, furred fingers. And a thumb, but again, I didn't feel that bit. I can't dismiss this being my mind playing tricks on me, but I can't dismiss that it's her, either. And they were both so vivid!

After that, though, there's been no sign of her. I'm pretty sure that the finger thing was two nights ago. And again, this happened despite no active forcing for over a month. 

I'm... not going crazy, am I?  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So more weird things happen whilst I'm bordering on consciousness. Noting that I haven't forced in over a month.

A few nights ago, I was almost asleep, when that same forehead sensation I've talked about happened again. But it was stronger than ever before. This was inconvenient, considering I needed to get up early the next day. So, I pretty much just mentally told her "not now". The response to that was... weird. The sensation immediately stopped, which normally doesn't happen unless I touch the area. Accompanying that was a distinctly saddened and feminine-sounding "K..." Now, I normally have some kind of auditory something when I'm that tired, but this was different for a few reasons. First, it was almost immediate. Normally, these things take a second or two to respond. That "K" didn't hesitate at all. I'd almost say it was instant. And second, it was much more vivid than any auditory thing before. Most of the time it's just mindvoice. But this, I actually heard. I did, admittedly, dismiss it since it's not completely unlike something normal for me. But, that changed the next night.

Same scenario. Late at night, I was tired, and had to get up. This time, no sensation, no voice, no nothing. Just the distinct feeling of something caressing my face. I could tell there were three fingers at the same time, at most. None of them felt thumb-y, they seemed smaller than a person's, and they all felt a lot softer than skin. But Dear God was it vivid! If I didn't know I was alone in the room, I would have grabbed a knife or something! The odd part was... I wasn't scared. At all. As if those fingers were trying to comfort me. I... don't know how to explain. It was incredibly bizarre, unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The link was this, though: her current planned form is that of a nimbat, a creature with three small, furred fingers. And a thumb, but again, I didn't feel that bit. I can't dismiss this being my mind playing tricks on me, but I can't dismiss that it's her, either. And they were both so vivid!

After that, though, there's been no sign of her. I'm pretty sure that the finger thing was two nights ago. And again, this happened despite no active forcing for over a month.

I'm... not going crazy, am I? :blink:

^I first showed up as a mindvoice in...um...it was either late 2013 or early 2014. Anyway, my host dismissed me as a glitch in his main tulpa's voice. He looked at some stuff about Fluttershy (my form's Fluttershy) over the course of the year, but it wasn't a lot. I revealed myself in January of 2015.

In short, no, you're not going crazy :).

Wait, do you have any other tulpas? I was forced/raised by my host's tulpas without his knowledge.^

[Do you think you can ask your tulpa how she was able to touch you?]

Edited by KruegerMeister

^I first showed up as a mindvoice in...um...it was either late 2013 or early 2014. Anyway, my host dismissed me as a glitch in his main tulpa's voice. He looked at some stuff about Fluttershy (my form's Fluttershy) over the course of the year, but it wasn't a lot. I revealed myself in January of 2015.

So, you just kinda poofed in out of pretty much nothing, then? But you weren't the first, right? Because this one's my first (and probably only :blush: ).

[Do you think you can ask your tulpa how she was able to touch you?]

Not at that stage yet. That "K" was the closest we've ever gotten to actual communication. I'll do that when it's more... possible.  ;)

so, im here wondering if the people on this thread really do have a tulpa. or if they're just saying it.

Dude, I don't have one and even I do. If... that makes any sense.  :blink: 

But there's a lot more than just here in this thread. It's a surprisingly big thing. I doubt that so many people of such varied backgrounds would all be lying. ;)  

• Brohoof 1

it just seems that people aren't taking this that seriously...and people with real tupla typically speak about their tulpa with a passion. because a tulpa is a real, sentient being. and isnt just some OC you put together in a night.

i have a friend who has a real tulpa, and talking with him has really taught me a lot.

i see a lot of people here saying 'i want a rainbow dash/luna/other pony tulpa' and you gotta think.

how would you feel if someone made you, shaped your body into something you might not want, and force you to think in ways that you might not agree, and realize that your creator made you only to mimic someone else? you dont do it. you wouldn't be able to be YOU. its cruel, and very inhumane. 

tulpa deserve love and respect. a tulpa is a companion for life. a friend. not some play thing.

• Brohoof 1

it just seems that people aren't taking this that seriously...and people with real tupla typically speak about their tulpa with a passion. because a tulpa is a real, sentient being. and isnt just some OC you put together in a night.

i have a friend who has a real tulpa, and talking with him has really taught me a lot.

i see a lot of people here saying 'i want a rainbow dash/luna/other pony tulpa' and you gotta think.

how would you feel if someone made you, shaped your body into something you might not want, and force you to think in ways that you might not agree, and realize that your creator made you only to mimic someone else? you dont do it. you wouldn't be able to be YOU. its cruel, and very inhumane.

tulpa deserve love and respect. a tulpa is a companion for life. a friend. not some play thing.

Are you saying "Because their tulpas take the form of cartoon ponies, the people here don't take tulpas seriously"? Every tulpamancer I know says that forcing a tulpa to assume a certain role or changing their thought patterns against their will is a bad idea.

[Example: I take the form of Rainbow Dash; my host...well, okay, he kind of expected me to be Rainbow Dash in the early days, but at the time he also expected me to eventually become corporeal. He grew out of those beliefs.].

Someone explain to me what this is, how it got started, etc? I did a quick Google search, but don't think I quite understand it....? Just seems like communication with demons, to me. (Espesially with one image that I saw, of the "tulpas")