Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Oh btw you guys I've started my own little Q&A series about my tulpas in deviantart called ask "ask my tulpas".

I am currently on hiatus right now because of school but you want you can leave a question on this link XP.

http://nihithebrony.deviantart.com/art/Ask-my-tulpas-585131520

one of the first Q&A X3

9bf9cafefaea223a8bcd78e0ddac5f24-d9orqo4 

Edited by Naiya The brony

Would it be a good idea to reveal my tulpas in a philosophy of mind class?

I would say no. That has a lot of potential to go wrong, and not nearly as much to go right. It's most certainly an interesting topic for discussion, but a lot of people won't be accepting of the idea.

That said, if you've got a good feel for the instructor's possible opinion, I say possibly bring up the idea itself to them. Don't mention anything about your own experience, just mention that "some say this is a thing. Thoughts?" sort of thing. Assuming they're actually interested in their field, it might make for some interesting ideas.

@@Naiya The Brony, forgive me, but I don't really have a DA to use. But if I may still ask a question, I'd like an opportunity. For you see, this is a question with harsh ramifications, where a wrong answer can mean the difference between sanity and an asylum. Not for the weak of constitution, this is truly a quandary for the ages. Open the spoiler, only if you are prepared for what lies within...

Potato?  :catface: 

Edited by Golurk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can make a tulpa that's really similar to Luna, but I don't think it's possible to make a tulpa that's 100% Luna.

Will she look like luna? Though

(edited)

Will she look like luna? Though

That's really dependent on what form you give her or dependent if that tulpa likes that form

For example my tulpa, cherry, has an original form of pinkie pie (because she appeared as pinkie) then i gave her the form of my oc but a while later she got interested with this fluttershy art and she copied it but keeping one of her original traits from her Cherry form

Edited by Naiya The brony

I remember posting on this thread like, two years ago. Although, I didn't really say much other than ask what exactly a tulpa is. I consider myself in a relationship with various anime characters and I care about them all individually. However, I don't think that I would ever create something like a tulpa. I guess it's just not something for me, ya know?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I asked questions in this thread. :)

Does your tulpa appear to be an overlay on the real world, or do they move around physical objects as if they themselves are in the world?

If they attempt to interact with physical objects, do they create a image of the object they are interacting with, and leave the physical object behind, or can they basically make the physical object invisible by overlaying a 'not there' image over the object?

For those Tulpas based on MLP characters (or any animated character for that matter), do they appear with the art-style of the show (outlines, solid colors, 2D, etc.), or do they appear more integrated with the real world (highlights and shadows are correct for wherever they are, 3D, etc.)?

Does your tulpa appear to be an overlay on the real world, or do they move around physical objects as if they themselves are in the world?

For me personally, they can appear in the physical world but at best I can only know where they would be and what they would look like (more or less visualizing them) but not actually see them. Also, tulpa cannot interact with any physical objects at all other than using your body to do so (ie, possession).

If they attempt to interact with physical objects, do they create a image of the object they are interacting with, and leave the physical object behind, or can they basically make the physical object invisible by overlaying a 'not there' image over the object?

|for me, it's moreso that objects that Bright sees are merely solid objects. I can pass through them if I really wanted to, but more often than not I'll interact with them as if they are actually there. Helps me cope with living here more than just ignoring life boundaries. As for interacting with objects, we kinda know how to create most objects out of the fly just from using what Bright knows from memory.|

For those Tulpas based on MLP characters (or any animated character for that matter), do they appear with the art-style of the show (outlines, solid colors, 2D, etc.), or do they appear more integrated with the real world (highlights and shadows are correct for wherever they are, 3D, etc.)?

|depends on the tulpa. Most cases they will appear as you thought of them initially, but overtime they may decide on their own what fits best for them. In our cases, most of us are a hybrid, cartoony, but some realisim such as lighting and fur if needed.| 

Also, tulpa cannot interact with any physical objects at all other than using your body to do so (ie, possession).

I phrased that badly, sorry. I meant that does your tulpa move around the space in 3D; avoiding moving through physical objects, passing behind things, etc.

I had a tulpa when I was really young, I didn't really have friends so I played with my tulpa, aliko, I don't know where I got that name from since I never heard about it anywhere. maybe it was just a silly childrens name that I made up. (don't be offended it it's your real name please) she's a really tiny girl with half long brown hair, brown eyes and a red dress. She was so tiny that she could sit on my shoulder or on the steer of my bike. but, if I wanted to play on the monky bars I had to take her off my shoulder, otherwise she would fall and hurt herself. She was my best friend and was always there. but she started to dissapear when I got older and got 'real' friends, eventually she just vanished and became an imaginary friend and I forgot her. but, she was not always an imaginary friend like other children had, she was literally always there. I didn't know that was strange back then, or that you called that a tulpa, neither did my parents, they thought I just had a really big fantasy. I learnd she was a tulpa later.

But she has been popping up in my mind more and more lately and I would actually like her to become my tulpa again, I don't know how to do that though...

But she has been popping up in my mind more and more lately and I would actually like her to become my tulpa again, I don't know how to do that though...

Hmm.. well you could start trying to accept her again? Like Talking to her? I mean Tulpas draws energy from the attention the host give. The more you interact with your tulpa the more they become active. 

For reviving a tulpa i havn't experience it but i know she wants to talk to you again. :)

• Brohoof 2

Hmm.. well you could start trying to accept her again? Like Talking to her? I mean Tulpas draws energy from the attention the host give. The more you interact with your tulpa the more they become active. 

For reviving a tulpa i havn't experience it but i know she wants to talk to you again. :)

okay, I could try that. I really hope she's not angry because I forgot about her so long, she has always been a bit sassy but I hope she can forgive me :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

okay, I could try that. I really hope she's not angry because I forgot about her so long, she has always been a bit sassy but I hope she can forgive me :adorkable:

Dont worry i know or i Believe that she isn't angry with you, she might be a little upset but she'll be more happy to talk with you again.

Trust me when i say that tulpas are very forgiving :)

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've read a lot of stuff comparing the responsibility of tulpa-ing with raising a child, which made me think of something: if tulpamancy were widespread, could that solve or at least halt overpopulation issues, since tulpas don't require separate physical resources from hosts?

• 3 weeks later...

My Starlight walk-in had a crisis this morning. It was basically "I identify AS Starlight from the show, and I remember X and Y happening. What if Hasbro reveals past event Z that it doesn't make sense for me not to remember?"

Has anyone else been through something like this?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone of you tried the Parallel processing test on deviantart. Apparently 2 of us didn't get it right and myrtle and I got it right!

it was a lucky guess

yeah no fair >.<

Here was our first result (me and summer)

rWUMAh6.png

I guess i need more practice XP

• Brohoof 1

this is pretty interesting and ive tried to read up on making a tulpa (i would love to make a twilight sparkle tulpa)

it's always nice to hear someone interested being optimistic about creating a tulpa. Be warned, if you are trying to make a "twilight sparkle" tulpa it will not be the SAME twilight sparkle like in the show. Furthermore, it will be troubling for a tulpa's existence if you considered her as almost identical to the to someone or somepony.

ya know i have a tulpa that was based from twilight sparkle's looks but not around her entirely and she doesn't like to be comparing her to twilight sparkle XD

Eeyup i dislike her guts >:c

Don't mind her that's just her way for having fun XD.

[that moment when you has no idea this existed :D

]

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1

I actually have a story of ponies being my "Tulpa" 

But for some reason it only happens when I'm lonely. But Every time I completely lonely and have nobody to talk to Except for God (I'm christian)

I would plainly have thoughts on talking to Rainbow Dash. Because she's played a big impact in my life, and I feel like I can talk to her anytime and I would feel totally comfortable. Because she makes me feel better inside. 

She cures my loneliness and when I'm sad. 

Is this still full of people that want to make Pony tulpas from the show, then complaining about how it doesn't work? If not, I might come back to this thread.

Gilda: Hey everyone! Gilda here! Just dropping in to say hi. Thunder-Dash (DK in real life), is a little different with us. He can hear what we say, and see us in his third eye (his mind), but he's still trying to see us in real life. Cadence and Chica are busy right now, so...yeah...just dropped in to say hello to everyone and all the other tulpae here...