Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Opinions on the new Care Bears show?

iDeltaVelocity

Okay, we all know about the new Care Bears show that's coming out in early June. But I need to ask: What are your opinions on the show? Will you watch it to see how it is - or will you go extreme and burn it in the pits of a fiery abyss?

Personally, the show looked a little strange in the previews but I'm gonna give it a shot to see how it is. I'm not judgmental. And who knows, it might surprise us like My Little Pony did. So yeah...

But that's just my opinion. Why don't you let yours known below.

It looks like a crap. It uses the same exact animation style as the oh so terrible Strawberry Shortcake and the acting sounds crap. Oh, and then of course they were apparently aiming to make it popular to males just like MLP. It's just nabbing off the success of our show.

I don't get the hub on tv and I'm not interested in it enough to watch it on YouTube if it winds up there, so I'll probably pass. Won't hate till I try it though (or try not to hate anyway).

I'm really not a fan of the whole 3D animated look. I used to love Care Bears almost as much as MLP when I was younger, and the new style of animation for the ponies put me off for a whole year. I don't think I could stand to sit through the new Care Bears series, it looks just as awkward as the Winnie the Pooh animation Disney uses...which also sort of ruins a a cartoon series that is very dear to my heart.

this is a thing?

i mean really? i dare ask for a link to this, now ill admit ive watched an episode of the original care bears, it was...boring, i dont know how they will make a show about colorful bears trying to make people give a crap any more interesting, but seeing how im a brony i really have no room to judge

but i dont think it will do well, plus care bears are the reason i stopped buying gummy bears at the movie theater

I'm not gonna say I'm never going to watch it, but I definitely don't plan to. I'll see what people think about it, and if it's mostly positive, I might give it a shot.

Can't replicate ponies, cannot become ponies, will never become what ponies are. If they didn't make it blatantly obvious they're trying to have something popular like MLP got, then I wouldn't hate it without having even seen it yet, but now, it is condemned forever and ever. :3

(edited)

Why does Hasbro need another gigantic fanbase of wackos like us? One should be plenty...

Edited by HylianMadness
  • Brohoof 2

Well without the MLP commercials, I wouldn't have ever watched the show xD

one thing the commercials had that got my attention, and made me become a pony slave was the colors.... but the Carebears didn't get my attention as much as the ponies did....

Carebears... New Tv show? Ha...Heh..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GOOD JOKE! Wait... It's no joke?

Posted Image RUN FOR DEAR LIFE! THERE BACK! THE CAREBEARS! WERE DOOMED! Unless Ponies com to save the day.... WHICH THEY WILL

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Of all the old franchises to try to reboot, why Care Bears? Its to nice, not funny, and has little to no real substance. The only real difference I see with this show is that it is done with CG graphics. MLP is doing well because they broke the mold when they came up with the plot, characters, and the art style. I don't see anything new or of value in this new Care Bears show. Needless to say, I'm not interested.

Edited by The Media Brony
  • Brohoof 2

CGI animation tends to annoy me in general. My first reflex would be to reject it and to go "ewww, carebears!" but I gotta face it, I'm on a My Little Pony forum. So who knows, it may actually turn out to be decent. If people seem to be liking it then I might try to watch an episode or two to see for myself like I did with My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 3

Of all the old franchises to try to reboot, why Care Bears? Its to nice, not funny, and has little to no real substance. The only real difference I see with this show is that it is done with CG graphics. MLP is doing well because they broke the mold when they came up with the plot, characters, and the art style. I don't see anything new or of value in this new Care Bears show. Needless to say, I'm not interested.

Can't argue with that TMB.

I've watched the promo on The Hub, it was terrible to watch. Nothing from the promo convinces me to watch the show.

Oh guys, please do have a mercy and stop comparing Care Bears and MLP:FiM. It's like comparing pure gold necklace and a random brick from nearby lake. Very insulting.

• Brohoof 3

My first reflex would be to reject it and to go "ewww, carebears!" but I gotta face it, I'm on a My Little Pony forum. So who knows, it may actually turn out to be decent. If people seem to be liking it then I might try to watch an episode or two to see for myself like I did with My Little Pony.

I have learned recently never to dismiss something without giving it a try. About two months ago, I would have given Care Bears more of a chance to be entertaining then My Little Pony. I would have given a documentary about dirt more of a chance than My Little Pony. And here I am.

But I must admit I have my doubts. Especially if they're using computer animation. Part of what makes MLP so great is that they try to make a beautiful work of art rather than try to go for realism. And watching the faces of the Care Bears, I don't see the life or depth of feeling that the animators give to the MLP characters. But who knows? It's hard to tell from the ads.