104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

This episode is aright with me. The beginning really made me laugh how Pinkie is chasing Rainbow Dash around.

Only thing I would hate is when Gilda made Fluttershy cry. Nopony or griffon makes Fluttershy cry without me hating them. And the way Gilda acts is the kind of people I hate. 

Edited by zombie king24

• 3 weeks later...

While Pinkie is my favourite of the mane 6, I have to admit that this episode does not get high marks from me. It's not an episode I hate but it has a couple of things I find weak. I found Gilda to be a pretty cliched antagonist and too cruel for my liking. If there was an explanation as to why she was such a jerk, I might have actually liked her.

I didn't think Twilight writing the friendship report made much sense since she only looked at the situation from Pinkie and Rainbow's side and not Gilda's and the report seemed a bit biased since she did not know Gilda personally.

If Gilda returns in a future episode, I would not be against it but I would not look forward to it either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In rewatching Griffon the Brush Off the other day I have to say that Rainbow Dash clearly wasn't that truthful about all the pranks being random. We don't know how many there were in total, but we do see four, and only the first one seemed to actually be random,which was the hot sauce in the lemon drops.

When she was screaming about it being hot RD pointed her in the direction of the dribble glass. Beyond that the only other two pranks we see were CLEARLY meant for Gilda. It's her party, so who else was going to open HER presents, which had the fake rattlesnake prank, and again, HER party, so who else was going to be blowing out the candles on the cake which had the relighting birthday candles? So at the very least half of the pranks we saw WERE intentionally meant for Gilda.

Hello, @Never2muchpinkie. I have merged your topic about your opinions involving Rainbow Dash's pranks in Griffon the Brush Off into the official discussion topic for that episode. This is due to the fact that what you posted is more a commentary on the episode than a subject that could result in a substantial, separate discussion.

• 3 months later...

I really think that Gilda is rather narrow-minded when it comes to picking friends and might have came off as fake in the beginning scene when Rainbow Dash and Gilda recite a play they worked on since their childhood. I think it also comes to show that people who come off as fake later on are the ones more likely to be not good friends. 

Pinkie Pie was gold in this one XD I found her interactions with Gilda at the welcoming party to be hilarious :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I have my eye on you" Gilda could've been written a bit better, at least for the show's standards. I mean, yeah, she's intended to be a jerk, but she comes off as trying way too hard at being "cool." It's not a bad episode as it has a handful of funny moments, courtesy of Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Physics™ is one of the show's best running gags, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, average episode. I didn't like Gilda, and overall it wasn't really funny (except some Pinkie Pie moments)...

However, I really liked the first part, before Gilda appeared. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the episode, because of pinkie pies trolling on Gilda and that she found constantly new ways to catch up with gilda and rainbow dash.  :lol:

I find it a little bit strange, that rainbow dash didnt anything to help pinkie or just hasnt seen, that gilda sabotaged pinkie pie very often.

I really didnt like gilda because i can relate to that situation, that one of your friends had a very best friend that doesnt like you and wants that you disappear, so i was very happy after gilda disappeared.  :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this episode again and it was still very good.

Love how Pinkie and Rainbow started to bond again. I didn't like how Gilda made Fluttershy cry. That was so low. All in all this episode showed you didn't have to be "Mean Cool" to be average cool lol.

tumblr_lmoxu5KSzk1qzkr2l.gif

tumblr_lmoxuyW4U01qzkr2l.gif

300802__safe_rarity_animated_cute_hub+lo

• Brohoof 3

It has a good lesson, but I'm not super into episodes that only show the bad side of a character.  I agree with everyone who's said they wish we had seen why Gilda was like that.  I think the only thing I loved about this one was the last few seconds when Celestia has her invisible ink mixed up with her regular ink.  XD  I wonder who she pranks with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gilda had an enormous chance of making new friends, fitting in a new area, and staying friends with Rainbow Dash, but she failed massively by allowing her anger to get the best out of her and not regretting what she did. Looks like she should have taken anger management classes.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an incredible episode meant to show without a doubt that no matter what other ponies may think, and even when she has every reason to, Pinkie Pie never succumbs to jealousy or bitterness or hatred. And that's why Pinkie Pride is an abomination.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...