Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie apocalyspe:What does it take to survive?

CapnKrunk

I like Zombie land's methods

It hink the main oen though is being able to cut ties with everyone and losing all emoitonal attachment with everyone and everything.

But then you might as well be a zombie. Only zombies will survive.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Aww darn, it's a remote control, unless you consider the laptop I'm typing on. In which case it's a laptop.

however there is a closet with a baseball bat and a .22 rifle in it just a few yards away so I think I could get a better weapon, which will then get me to somewhere like my room where I have a sword, or to a car to get me somewhere that I can get a better gun.

Okay rant over.

Posted Image

Aww darn, it's a remote control, unless you consider the laptop I'm typing on. In which case it's a laptop.

however there is a closet with a baseball bat and a .22 rifle in it just a few yards away so I think I could get a better weapon, which will then get me to somewhere like my room where I have a sword, or to a car to get me somewhere that I can get a better gun.

Okay rant over.

Consider yourself lucky, I've got trousers to defend me.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Posted Image

Twilight Sparkle is my weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse? OKAY.......

Oh i see she will teleport me to Equestria.

Edited by Mal
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle is my weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse? OKAY.......

Oh i see she will teleport me to Equestria.

You cheater Posted Image

...Then what will you do if she turned to a zombie?

(edited)

You cheater Posted Image

...Then what will you do if she turned to a zombie?

Ummmmm ummmmm ummmmmmmmmmmmmm i dont know.........

I guess there's no point in surviving?

Edited by Mal
  • Brohoof 2

1. The post above me

2. Good weapons, plenty of ammo, and most importantly, FOOOOD! *nom nom nom*

3. Determination to survive

4. Kick-Ass fighting skills

5. Be immune like Will Smith from 'Legend'

Or you could just be one of the dudes from 'Expandables' and simply blast your way through everything.

(edited)

hmm surviving a zombie apocalypse lol i also read the zombie survival guide and i did some will you survive a zombie apocalypse quizes what i answered was..

• Get a weapon if you dont have a gun a melee weapon will suffice an axe, machete or a crowbar will do!
  • gather your friends and family and find a place to bunker down.
  • avoid traveling in the night zombies dont need eyes to see they can smell you!(thats what i think..)
  • find a place to bunker down either your house(cuz you probably have a lot of food in there) or the Walmart!
  • find a gun or a crossbow(cuz this much more silent!) a melee weapon wont help you in a hord of zombies so find a range weapon to shoot them from afar!
  • barricade the entrances that can let a zombie in your bunker try to make the barricade as strong as possible!
  • search your bunker for zombie cuz you dont want a zombie from biting your friends and family and causing them to bite others in you bunker!
  • after propely disposing of zombies in you bunker wait it out cuz you probably have a lot of supplies to last for months but be sure to check your barricades to see that there still holding!
  • try to help other survivors but be sure there not bandits!
  • if your bunker starts to lose supplies move to the mountains the farther from civilization the better while in the mountains there gotta be a spring or a lake there for water and you can hunt for food!
  • and again wait it out!

​and thats it!!!

Edited by blindman02

Personally I don't think the Govt would get "overrun" like you see in most films or books.

That's not to say there wouldnt be losses or large groups of zombies.

But everything ceasing to function is a stretch.

• If you shoot a gun, all the zombies are going to hear and you will be swarmed with undead, so use a bow, slingshot, or crossbow.
  • Silenced weapons still make a distinctive noise, so those should only be used as a backup.
  • Skulls are made of tough stuff, and blades can easily get stuck in there. Trying to get it out would be waste of time.
  • Shopping Centers, Hospitals, and cities are filled with people, so they likely have large numbers of undead as well.
  • One undead is an easy kill. Five undead is a challenge. More than ten is suicide.
  • A lone ranger is ideal. Ten lone rangers going in the same direction is survival. Twenty Lone rangers going in the same direction is trouble.
  • A family effort is better than a lone wolf. A lone wolf is better than a family of zombies.

That was all what NOT to do, so here's the list of things TO DO!

• An aluminum baseball bat, filled with sand, and greased at the recieving end, is the ideal weapon. One overhead swing kills every zombie it contacts.
  • If you must have a blade, a short one at the end of a spear is ideal. A short jab to the skull will still kill a zombie, and the blade is easily extracted.
  • Noise means people. Zombies know that. the quiet stalker lives longer than the loud berserker.
  • Stores and shopping centers are likely filled with undead. small houses are not. If you need supplies, go house to house.
  • A lone ranger is preferable, but a group of people with no connections heading for one location is a good find. The more people survive, the more likely one is to make it to one's destination. However, while a person is logical, thinking, and timid, a group is noisy, unpredictable, and likely to hurt someone.
  • A detailed map of your state showing population per square mile is your best friend.
  • Shopping centers are large steel and stone structures with few entrances... and a large number of undead. Schools and warehouses are large steel and stone structures with few entrances, and are likely underpopulated at the time of the outbreak.
  • Before Google shuts down, look up the locations of all the castles, mansions, and walled facilities within 50 miles of you. Pick the ten that are in the most desolate regions and head for the closest one first.
  • generally, you do not want to stop and stay in one location unless it is far away from any large zombie group. If there are a lot of zombies around, you stay on the move or you will be shut in and killed by starvation.
  • If you're in a group, and someone is bit, do not kill them. It may make you safe from the undead, but friends and family will give you undue amounts of trouble for your efforts.

IN SUMMARY: Keep to the bat with a sidearm if necessary, avoid large groups of undead, be alone, go house to house, stay moving, and avoid foods that cause constipation.

• Brohoof 1

This guy, right here. He's read his Brooks. (side topic: if you haven't, read World War Z. It was flippin' amazing)

The only things I might contribute are:

1. Keep your weapons simple. Sure an automatic is cool, but there's this nasty tendency for it to jam, and more moving parts mean more potential fail sites. I say, for firearms, stick to revolvers for short range, bolt action for long range, and pump or break action if you feel the need to use a shotgun.

2. Consider learning how to use a good compound bow. Eventually your supply of bullets will run out, and it may be difficult or impossible to procure more. With enough practice, even a city slicker can make an arrow that will travel in a straight-ish line. Plus, no noise to attract the zombies and they're light-weight compared to a rifle.

3. No matter where you are, make sure to remain ready to mobilize at any time. As humans, we have a tendency to hunker down the moment we can. We like our personal territory. In this sort of scenario, however, the longer you stay put, the more likely you are to attract unwanted attention. You will eventually need to find a base of operations, especially if the group starts growing to more than a handful, but don't bother unpacking. Keep everything you would need to hit the road again packed and ready at all times.

4. When you do have to plant a flag for the good of the group, consider your location carefully. Making it defensible against your standard zombie isn't all that hard, but it isn't just the zeds you'll need to worry about. There's also the human enemy to consider. Once things settle down a little, it's Mad Max time, and any resources you've gathered or made will start to look really good to someone else. Find a spot that you can defend against a more savvy foe, and have a plan in place for dealing with them.

• Brohoof 1

This guy, right here. He's read his Brooks. (side topic: if you haven't, read World War Z. It was flippin' amazing)

All good tips! And as much as I hate admitting it, I've never read anything from Max Brooks. I want to, but I just haven't had the time.

All this info was from watching people fail in zombie movies and overthinking!

2. Consider learning how to use a good compound bow. Eventually your supply of bullets will run out, and it may be difficult or impossible to procure more. With enough practice, even a city slicker can make an arrow that will travel in a straight-ish line. Plus, no noise to attract the zombies and they're light-weight compared to a rifle.

I forgot that I have multiple bows in my garage, though I would definitely go with the re-curve rather than a compound, but that's just my personal preference.

You need a number of things to survive in an apocalypse-

1. Some sort of protection.

Don't use guns. That is an idiotic move from the very start. To begin with, you need proper training to actually use a rifle or pistol. Ammo is almost impossible to come by as all shops would be raided. You need blunt weapons. You won't be killing the zombies for gods sake, that is stupid. Cracking a human skull is the most difficult feat in the world, plus there is more than once zombie. You need a weapon to just keep them back so you can run. A baseball bat is perfect.

2. Survival Kit

You need water and food. As such, a disaster kit is perfect. You would have just enough water and food to last you a while in the now infected wasteland, and you could look for supplies when you run out.

3. Calm mind

You need to stay calm. Shock is almost inevitable in such a horrible situation. No one will be a "badass" like the ignorant movies that come out in hollywood. Everyone would be shitting their pants in fear as the fucking dead is walking. You need to keep calm, and imagine that you are doing good for the infected. Freaking out will only get you killed.

I would type more, but I am bored as it is.

I live in the very low populated state of Mississippi, I already have a few guns, and grandma has 60 or so I do believe. I live essentially in the middle of nowhere, so Just a few here and there to practice with. Eventually I'll go up north, taking low populated roads. At this point, I'll have the materials to make my flying fortress, Of course I'll bring a girl so I can start the great process of repeatedly banging her to repopulate.

I live in the very low populated state of Mississippi, I already have a few guns, and grandma has 60 or so I do believe. I live essentially in the middle of nowhere, so Just a few here and there to practice with. Eventually I'll go up north, taking low populated roads. At this point, I'll have the materials to make my flying fortress, Of course I'll bring a girl so I can start the great process of repeatedly banging her to repopulate.

....You may be kidding, so I will just have questions.

My does your elderly grandmother have 60 guns. I hope this is an exaggeration. Taking the roads of the infected world would be suicide. Flying fortress... wat?

....You may be kidding, so I will just have questions.

My does your elderly grandmother have 60 guns. I hope this is an exaggeration. Taking the roads of the infected world would be suicide. Flying fortress... wat?

1. because she has had a rather long time with her husband until he died about 2 years ago. They hunted and so did their 4 children, and they got a good collection of guns a long the way, I may have exagerated a little, but they have enough to do.

2. there was a joke there, you know... I wouldn't exactly leave mississippi, and if I did, I would not take the roads. If I did, I would go off road.

3. erm... A little dream of mine is to build a mobile fortress of sorts mounted with several railguns, and a gun horde that I could live untill the crysis is over. sorta like the guy that built an entire boat on his farm.(no sarcasm, it is possible)

but yeah, she has a good size case of guns, that was an exaggeration.

I'd definitely use my knowledge of past military history and strategy to lead a small band of my closest friends and fortify a school. Considering that if we're saying that the Miami thing is a zombie apocalypse, I'd be somewhat safe as we live about 45 minute drive from an airport and (for me) live about half an hour drive by express bus to the largest city near me.

Most likely pledge to be an adviser to a really popular kid at my school, who is terrible at anything that has to do with using his brain. Or I'd just get my closest friends, their families, and run. Then I'd be a bandit king and then die from cholera.

Note: You do not need to crack the skull to kill a zombie: all you need is head trauma. Even a kid can cause massive brain damage with the right weapon.

Also, think smarter, not harder. Hard work is good and all, but sneaking around a horde is better than killing every one of them.

Every zombie killed is a little more hope for humanity. Not turning into a zombie in the first place is a guarantee for the race's survival.

Considering as how I've played Black Ops zombies many times, I'll pretty much need Wonder Weapons, like the Ray Gun, including the Juggernog to withstand being attacked by zombies. And some guns to aim for their heads. :D