Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie apocalyspe:What does it take to survive?

CapnKrunk

Move to Alaska.

Watch Zombieland.

Surround my fortress with outward-facing treadmills. The zombies will be unable to infiltrate.

I win survival.

If I had a fortress to defend, with trees nearby, I'd put mines on the nearby trees, spaced evenly apart. That way, when they pass the trees, the tree is basically a grenade that makes obstacles to slow them down.

I got deodorant Posted Image

If there's anything I learned from playing Left 4 Dead, it's that I work best melee weapons especially a katana... The flaw in my plan is that I do not own a katana XD

Hopefully there won't be any Jockeys, Boomers, or Tanks. That'd suck.

I hope I get stuck with Nikolai or Dempsey from Nazi Zombies. Dempsey's hilarious: K to the I to the A Zomb*tch!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It honestly wouldn't take long for the zombies to starve. The apocalypse would be over fairly quickly. Non infected humans are overall superior to zombies in every way, they are the zombies' source of food needed to survive... it's just a shame that they are also the zombies' top predator. The zombies would have a harder time than the non infected after a few days, in the first couple there would still be loads of dead and infected humans though. Also the military, unless they got infected from within, could quite easily just lay waste to hordes of zombies, movies and games really milk these things. Unless it's a super super super easy to get infected with virus, on the whole it wouldn't be that bad. .. it would still suck to be an individual stuck in an infected area.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

I think everyone has pretty much covered it, but I think when in such an extreme situation, all rules and rationale flies right out the window. No one truly knows how they'll react under pressure. You can only hope you'll be able to keep your cool and respond in a smart and efficient life preserving manner. I must admit that I do ponder this scenario very often. Always have. I look around my neighborhood at other houses and think to myself, "Which of these would be best to hold myself up in for safety purposes. That house has a strong fence but that one over there has bars over the windows". I know I'm a weirdo but it's something that is very exciting and alluring to me even though I know if it were to ever truly happen I would $@&% myself. :blink:

well for starters I wouldn't use firearms very much, that would be a seldom thing,considering the fact that the dead may be attracted to sound, that is unless you can find a fitting supressor,and water, need to have water to stay hydrated, if you're not hydrated you might as well be dead because no one will last a week with out it. and as for alcohol, no better use than to make molotovs, I wouldn't let the stuff come anywhere near my lips during an apocalypse, can't run or fight when you're drunk. pack non perishable foods like ramen noodles and such, cardio,always check back seat, never trust bathrooms, always have two ways of escape, live up north and far away from civilizations.

I'd probably follow my friends, some of them already have plans pertaining to the zombie apocalypse. The only problem I would have would be finding weapons, as guns are illegal here they would be somewhat difficult to find. But thankfully I am friends with some people who are talented with swords. ;)

Oh god, this

As a big nerd, I love thinking about it. Of course, deep inside, I don't believe in zombies. But in case of...

I would buy a lot of food and water, and drive to the southest place in the world, Tierra del Fuego. I'll be ok, since the highest temperature that you can found there is about 19 °C. That's on summer, as OMG HOW HOT!

Also, I don't live so far from it, just 10 hours, or less. I swear that most of the people around here won't think about it.

24 hours from my house is a Portuguese fort, so that's another opcion (but in a tropical area, the fort isn't very good, and it's a lot of traveling).

Plan B would be stay in home with lote of food and water... and wait. My house have bars on the windows, a strong fence, and 2nd floor. Yeap, it's a city, but no a BIG one. At the end, since I'm only 16, adults will resolve it.

How to survive the Zombie Apocalypse (For dummies and mentally challenged):

1. Read this article

2. Grab a popcorn

If all things gone to the worse, grab a train and set it on fire

Posted Image

And

Posted Image

A pillow D':

I'm a melee weapons guy. Guns are alright, but in my mind, there's nothing better than a well-swung katana or an axe to the jugular. So I would just load myself with as many axes, tomahawks, and knives as I could carry.

A strong will mostly. To be honest, alot of the people who say they know how to survive the zombie apocalypse will die. Why? Because even though you think you could kill a zombie, you may cower in fear or just get shocked; or attack and fail badly. If you think you could kill another human being, then you may be able, but don't lie about it because then your group will use you as a fighter and then you would fail the group. I KNOW that I would be able to kill a human being, even if they are alive (Only if they are a type of evil or something of that sort). I live in Florida too, so I have been waiting to see a Bath Salt/Zombie person. loljk. I think that a group in the apocalypse would need hunters and gatherers. Also, while guns would be a good option for large crowds, I would say that a sword, bow & arrow, or crossbow would be best for the job. As far as protection from bites, I would say to use chainmail, very light, very protective from a few rotten teeth. Aim for the head, but if you can't, aim for the legs.

• Brohoof 1

I would run; I know that I can't kill a zombie. Even in my dreams I get frizzed. Also, I don't have guns or that kind stuff. If the situacion is bad, I will run as far as I can to south.

A strong will mostly. To be honest, alot of the people who say they know how to survive the zombie apocalypse will die. Why? Because even though you think you could kill a zombie, you may cower in fear or just get shocked; or attack and fail badly. If you think you could kill another human being, then you may be able, but don't lie about it because then your group will use you as a fighter and then you would fail the group. I KNOW that I would be able to kill a human being, even if they are alive (Only if they are a type of evil or something of that sort). I live in Florida too, so I have been waiting to see a Bath Salt/Zombie person. loljk. I think that a group in the apocalypse would need hunters and gatherers. Also, while guns would be a good option for large crowds, I would say that a sword, bow & arrow, or crossbow would be best for the job. As far as protection from bites, I would say to use chainmail, very light, very protective from a few rotten teeth. Aim for the head, but if you can't, aim for the legs.

Why would you aim for the legs?? Aim for the body instead

I actually read a book about this. "The Zombie Survival Guide".

• Move up north, colder temperatures and harsher climate = zombie repellant.
  • Small groups or 3-4 at most.
  • Constant Cardio work-outs. (Gotta' stay in shape)
  • Yes weapons are important. Any gun will do as long as you aim for the brain. Also a backup melee weapon such as a Trench Knife.
  • Definitely stay away from settled areas and buildings.
  • Nothing is important besides your life and the lives of your "teammates".
  • Shave your hair. A short cut is preferable so zombies cannot grab it.
I dunno' what else.

I read that book too!

This will be more like me sadly:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Why would you aim for the legs?? Aim for the body instead

Taking out organs or making it loose blood wouldn't affect it. So taking out the legs would make it unable to mobilze as easily. Also making it easier to get a nice slash to the cranium.

(edited)

Taking out organs or making it loose blood wouldn't affect it. So taking out the legs would make it unable to mobilze as easily. Also making it easier to get a nice slash to the cranium.

But then... how will they... dance?! :( Edited by One Fine Djentleman

But then... how will they... dance?! :(

Ah yes, the dancing. Well there are few talented zombies who get through this disability. With proper cardio, they can still dubstep dance.
  • Brohoof 1