Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Washing your hair

Narcissus

What do you do to take care of your hair? How often do you wash it? Do you wash in hot water or cold? Do you condition? What shampoo do you use? Do you curl it, color it, style it, cut it? There are so many different ways to maintain your hair, so what's your method (or methods)? 

• Brohoof 1

I wash my hair every night. The only product I really use is shampoo and sometimes conditioner. I don't cut my hair too often either.

• Brohoof 1

I wash it twice a week. I brush first, use shampoo, wash it out, repeat that a second time, then use conditioner. I use natural shampoo made in my country, a shampoo/conditioner pack costs $50. I brush it almost daily and straighten it once a week. Aaaand to top it all off I like fussing over my sideswept fringe. Basically I'm a fussy bastard with my hair, lol. But I really love my hair and I'm always looking for ways to take care of iy better. 

• Brohoof 1

I wash my hair about 2-3 times a week. I’ve heard that washing your hair everyday can be bad for it. :huh: 

I don’t use anything special, just regular shampoo with built-in conditioner. I hop in the shower, get my hair nice and wet, lather it up with the shampoo, let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse. As far as brushing goes...I hardly ever brush it. :P But thankfully it’s not overly long (I keep it at about just above shoulder length) so usually I don’t get tangles. 

• Brohoof 2

I wash it roughly a couple of times a week, usually when I take a shower or if I don't for a week or so at a time (When it's cooler) I wash it in the sink. Usually just with cheap-ish shampoo and nothing special, though I have fancy stuff I use once in a while. :P

As for brushing, I have to do it multiple times a day or it looks like a total mess. :pout: It also gets snags pretty easily... :baconmane:

• Brohoof 1

I work outside so..its every other day... I use a tea tree shampoo, and due to the fact I keep my hair short..I wash it and its dry in no time after..and poof Arc's hair done:derp:

• Brohoof 2

Depends on what I do is when I wash it, really. However, I will shampoo my hair every other shower or so. I don't really sweat or workout a whole ton to wash it more than that. I'll get it wet, though.

Like today I'll play Quidditch in the park and take a shower and wash my hair, obviously. That's just a lot of sweat and every Sunday is when I would wash it regardless of the last time I did.

o_o

• Brohoof 1

I shampoo and condition my hair three times a week, I use a product called Function for it.  It's a bit expensive but it's good stuff...  I only brush my hair maybe once every two months?  I do that because my hair gets REALLY bushy when it's brushed, my conditioner seems to get most of the knots out of my hair which is nice and saves me the effort of having to brush it before all my showers.

• Brohoof 2

I wash my hair every day; twice on workdays. When I’m at work I have my hair pinned down and a covering over it at all times, which makes it pretty awful by the end of a long day, especially if it’s hot out. I shampoo with Suave Ocean Breeze and I only condition if I have to wash often and the hair might get damaged. I always wash with warm water, lather up my hair and rinse pretty quickly. I don’t have time for much else. I brush afterward, apply hairspray while wet and brush it out again later once it’s had time to set. My hair stays where I like most of the time but I occasionally have to put a curler to my bangs just to keep them going in the right direction.  

• Brohoof 3

I generally wash mine twice a week with a shampoo/conditioner mix that fights dandruff. Dry scalp!

I don't do anything but brush it right now. I'm growing it out now though. Need to get it straightened.

I washed mine everyday. I used dove shampoo (hair and scalp) and then add pantene conditioner (away from the scalp). 

• Brohoof 1

I usually wash my hair every two or three days. I wash twice through using hot water and Elvive shampoo. Afterwards I then rinse it with fermented rice water (I only do this part one per week) and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then I rinse my hair with cold water and then comb it through and leave it to dry naturally as much as possible before finishing it off with a hair dryer on a low heat setting. Then I brush and comb it through. Usually I brush my hair upside down to give it more volume. That's pretty much it. :P

• Brohoof 2

I take a shower (which is when I wash my hair) every other day or every two days. My hair stays pretty nice even after two days but I usually put it up in a bun or something.

• Brohoof 3

I wash mine 2-3 times a week with that ridiculous Facebook shampoo, Function of Beauty. Same conditioner. I have an undercut, and just removed about 5 inches of length, so my hair is really short for me at around the bottom of my shoulders. I keep the undercut shaved to a 0 every 2 weeks or so, and straighten my hair maybe every third wash. Cool water, thanks. This is Texas after all. I have to brush my hair because it’s so fine, using a wet brush.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I usually just wash my hair whenever I shower, which is about every day in the summer/spring and about every other day (or every 2 out of 3 days) in the winter/fall :P

I use different types of shampoo/conditioner since I like to try different scents :ooh: 

After showering, I brush my hair with a wet brush. I’m not supposed to use a normal brush on my hair since it’s curly and brushing will just make it stick up even more :derp:. So I use a comb when my hair isn’t wet.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

I wash mine every day, because I shower every day (sometimes more than once... my job gets me dirty a lot). Usually it's just this shampoo/conditioner combo that fights dandruff, 'cause I have a problem with it. I don't brush my hair or anything, it's a military-standard cut. What you expect? :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would wash my hair 3 or 4 times a week when I shower and I always use conditioner and shampoo. I do not style it because I just like it normal, but I do want dark red highlights in my hair.  :-D

Edited by KingMorgana
forgot to remove a word
  • Brohoof 1

I wash my hair a couple times a week. On Friday nights I go to sleep with a special mix in my hair (peppermint oil for growth, coconut and lavender oil for softness, and a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar to avoid any sort of buildup) and wash it out in the morning. It’s made my hair super soft and healthy, and it’s growing super fast. Aside from that, I refuse to do anything to it. I’m growing out a buzz cut rn (I didn’t want to cut my hair off but it was wrecked), and I want it to be as healthy as possible. I just kinda wear a wig and, for the most part, let my hair do it’s own thing

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I use Pert shampoo (or sometimes the store version) daily. My hair isn't as airy/cooperative if I don't. Then I just brush it for like 10 seconds.

I've tried other shampoos and they feel like they don't completely wash out, or they make my hair snarly (which is weird since I have short hair.)

• Brohoof 1

Usually a wash every other day, in warm/hot water (i know its bad but it feels so good) with Head and Shoulders . We had a different brand from my bf mother but we ran out of that a while ago. Brush it out after a wash and I tend to put it back up in a 'bun'.

hair cut tends to be once a year around summer, though I skipped that this year and now my hair is starting to become annoying.

• Brohoof 1