Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Washing your hair

Narcissus

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I have a strict rule to it I used to do no shampoo as in I didn't use shampoo for a year although I loved the results I decided to go back using one only very rarely on my head. Like I almost never actually use shampoo for other then body wash, that said only times I do use it is if my hair has gotten very greasy which it typically is. 

While I do use conditioner I only use it twice a week or so and use garnier respons for its argan oil feature while I do have a spray on conditionar I use for its heat protection abilities if I use a blowdryer. Once or twice a week I use oils for my hair to nourish and condition it while often you'll need to use shampoo afterwards I only really use conditioner. Now once I have conditioned it I give myself a scalp massage I'm great as giving massages so I use it to stimulate my hair follicles to give them the nutrients they need.

In regards to washing using water I do that everyday as I always give my scalp a gentle soothing massage why I wash every day you ask well as your hair and scalp produces sebum your natural oil I want to really allow to work its magic by using water although for a short time it gives me the chance to really get in there. Never using too much warmth.

What hair products do I use, I mean honestly none I don't need hair procucts my hair has a high hold so I style it however I like preferably though I try to keep a style that's good for both your hair and your scalp meaning I simply allow it to be how it wants to. My hair typically parts in the middle yet I do not actually part it rather I either go for a simple side part or I simply let it flow my dudes. So when I sleep I also again give myself a soothing scalp massage I have medium length hair which I love. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

Hot water. Head n' shoulders shampoo + conditioner for the scalp and top half. Conditioner for the bottom half. Don't blowdry. Only towel it. I haven't dyed it in about 6 years. Maybe I should try highlights.

I never cut it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a buzzcut so it’s not like there’s much hair to wash, lol.  

I shampoo my hair once a week.  Usually after rubbing coconut oil in my hair to help dandruff and then I wash it out after letting the oil sit for an hour.  

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
21 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

I shampoo my hair once a week.  Usually after rubbing coconut oil in my hair to help dandruff and then I wash it out after letting the oil sit for an hour.  

In my experience coconut oil is very good really and I feel in my experience it gives a little more shine to it so its a great conditioner too also due to its anti bacterial properties it works wonders. Lot of people I feel overlook its qualities, it also nourishes your scalp and hair while also being relatively easy to wash out of your hair too. Would encourage anyone if they ever have an itchy scalp or have a dry one, then coconut oil is definitely going to help them. Yet in my opinion the biggest benefit would be the shine it gives to your hair. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 2019-06-23 at 10:30 AM, Narcissus said:

What do you do to take care of your hair? How often do you wash it? Do you wash in hot water or cold? Do you condition? What shampoo do you use? Do you curl it, color it, style it, cut it? There are so many different ways to maintain your hair, so what's your method (or methods)?

Brushing! Whenever they feel dirty, I'm not overdoing it, but I definitely prefer to be clean. :) Warm water! No conditions, only shampoo. :fluttershy: I use a very expensive shampoo, I have to, unfortunately. My scald always hurts and is red and most shampoos make it worse, even when I use only water. :sunny: There is only one shampoo that makes life a litte bit more endurable for me.

No color, no styling and I cut my hair myself when I'm in the mood. :squee: I tried coloring it only once, it was a darker color, but it makes the hair look even thicker. I just like being natural anyway. :)

• 1 month later...

I’m a man, so if it says “shampoo” it’s good enough for me… and that’s pretty much the only thing I use :proud:. I was told a bit later in life I should wash my hair once every two days. I did for a while, but my hair always ended up oily and smelly. I guess I produce more grease than most people. I went back in using shampoo daily quickly afterwards 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 7:44 AM, Orgazoid said:

every other day, shampoo and conditioner, hot water because i'm not a masochist

Well that’s one heck of an assumption. Freezing cold showers are the best. Nothing like a fun shock to your system when you’re incredibly tired. 

I still stick to the same routine I mentioned in my post from a few years ago, but for the first time (ever) I’m trying some different styles, nothing drastic, so I have to comb and sometimes curl my hair to maintain the direction I want it to go. 

• Hugs 1