Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What are some movie scenes that terrified you as a kid?

AveryGamerDude

I'm feeling pretty nostalgic, so I thought I'd ask you guys... what are some movie scenes that terrified you when you were a kid? For me, there were a lot. The "Chicken Pie" machine scene from Chicken Run, the scene where Augustus Gloop got sucked up in the chocolate machine in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and pretty much every scene in Jurassic Park. But scene that REALLY scared me when I was a kid was Moses's nightmare in The Prince of Egypt. I think it even made me cry! But to be fair, my memory is kinda foggy when it comes to that, so don't count on me remembering. But even as an adult, I still think it's really disturbing.

Why did my mom let me watch this when I was a kid? To be fair, I am kinda glad she told me the truth when it came to this movie than try to sugarcoat it... But anyway, how about you guys? What are some movie scenes that scared you when you were little?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

Well... *ehem*

Don't make fun of me @AveryGamerDude , but it absolutley TERRIFIED me when Violet turned into a blueberry in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the 70s one). My parents shut off the television once they heard me screaming and crying. 

The tunnel scene was freaking horrifying for me, as well as Augustus going up the pipe.

The entire movie, but specifically the "They are here" scene from Poltergiest. Have a feeling that it might still be freaky, but that scene/movie have me nightmares. That quote can actually trigger my fear. :PI never understand why did my family (probs my father) chose Poltergiest for movie night.. when I was like five?! 

I'm going to say the Reveal of Judge Doom as the Toon who killed Eddie's Brother. It's not him being runned over by a steamroller. It's his Toon eyes that I first saw when I was 8 that traumatized me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well somehow or another when I was really little I wound up watching that one scene with the two girls from The Shining on accident.....and as you can imagine it left 6 year old me traumatized. :sealed:

Spoiler

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Here's an oldie. When I was around 7 or 8, my brother was baby sitting me. he let me watch the original version of "The Fly". The "Help me!" scene at the end positively terrified me. I had nightmares, and for weeks, I was afraid of flies. (Oddly, not spiders!)

He got in HUGE trouble over it!

^_^

I still have trouble forcing myself to watch...THIS!

• Brohoof 1

Church the cat--Pet Sematary (1989) and that Child's Play mumbo-jumbo part. :laugh:

P.S. And that pedo guy from Poltergeist II. 

7 hours ago, Emerald<3 said:

Well... *ehem*

Don't make fun of me @AveryGamerDude , but it absolutley TERRIFIED me when Violet turned into a blueberry in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the 70s one). My parents shut off the television once they heard me screaming and crying. 

Nah don't worry about it I won't judge you lol. That part kinda scared me too I think when I was a kid.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That famous scene in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" where the boy was almost eaten by the dad with his cereal

...it still terrifies me :sunny:

EDIT: Scratch that, that whole damn movie terrified me!

Edited by Altastrofae

This scene from Dot and the Kangaroo

There were also scenes from the movie Lady in White, which turns out to be a mystery horror, and why did my parents let me watch that?

There was also a scene in Darby O'Gill and the Little People, but I don't remember which one it was. I just know it was pure terror for my tiny body.

every scene from The Wall (1982)

my dad used to watch it since he's a big fan of pink floyd and i remember my sister and i used to get scared over it

The plane crash scene from Cast Away terrified me as a child. To this day, it is all I can think about when I’m on an airplane. That scene really fucked up my confidence in those machines.

There was that one scene in The Great Mouse Detective where the mouse villain played by Vincent Price fed one of his associates to a really big cat. It may have been a villain death, but it still bugs me.

• Brohoof 1