Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Worst Thing Anyone Has Said to You?

Emerald Heart

(edited)

Basically what the title says. What is the worst thing someone has ever said to you?

I'll start us off.

One time, a supposed "friend" of mine said that I would be more attractive without my freckles. 

This insulted me more than anything, because I have had freckles all my life and had always liked them. To have someone say that to me really made me furious. 

Edit: I understand if this topic is too personal, so I won't be angry if anypony doesn't end up replying. 

Edited by Emerald<3

I think it is when my half brother and sisters insulted my father the night he passed away. It might not have been insulting me directly, but 1) he is my father, 2) he is their father and they shouldn't do that especially when he look after them even though they are their mother's resposibility, 3) for goodness sake he just died that morning!  If death glares are heat vision, they would have long been puddles of.... uh... blood and bones and probs melted skin cells.

(edited)

Somebody claimed that I was touching myself while I was staring at them, when I did no such thing. :unamused: They somehow misinterpreted me scratching my itchy thigh while happening to look in their direction for touching myself and staring at them.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

In terms of what has actually effected me over the years (so not necessarily the worst thing, but I'm thinking deeper): In high school, I thought I had made friends with someone. I always enjoyed having conversations with her. But then one day she stopped wanting to talk to me, and told me the reason why was because "You're annoying". I know, that doesn't sound like the worst thing, but I'm pretty sure it has broken me socially for the last 14 to 15 years. This was in early high school, I had just lost another group from middle school I thought were my friends when they decided they disliked me. Those words "You're annoying" I took completely to heart, and figured out that's why my other group of friends came to hate me, too.

In effect, this has influenced me ever since. I try so hard not to be annoying, because I know being annoying drives people away from me. I start messages with people on very rare occasions. I don't push people to spend time with me. I don't sit with other people at breaks and the like unless I can clearly tell they're not annoyed with me. Ultimately, it has caused me to be the person who has to wait for other people to interact with me and thus not much of anything social happens in my life.

My ex girlfriend was the one person that never seemed to be annoyed with me. She was the one I could always go to for everything, who I felt free to socialize with a lot. But ultimately even she got annoyed with me... Should have known that would happen. I'm annoying, it will always happen.

This isn’t so much as a specific quote but rather a collection of them (I won’t list them). Basically, a past significant other made me feel guilty over something that I had no control over. They made me feel very ashamed and told me that I would be better off hiding myself. It upset me a lot at the time but it really hit home after they left me.

This bullshit is too numerous for me to even consider trying to sift through. Let's just say that for a good decade of time, I was on the ass end of verbal and physical bullying non-stop. There wasn't a point when someone wasn't being cruel to me for one reason or another.

Well, there was one point where I had gotten hurt someone who I thought was very close to me. They made a decision which hit me pretty hard, so I told them how I felt. Their response? "It doesn't matter, I'm fine at least". That was enough to be the foundation of a gradual mental collapse for me.

Not necessarily the worst thing anyone has ever said about me (that list could go on), but my biological dad (R.I.P.) once got a call from the principal when I was in 9th grade; apparently she had recieved a report about me supposedly "touching myself in class". I (rightfully) denied it since I had absolutely no clue as to what she was talking about, and I'm honestly unsure as to where she got that accusation.

It's certainly the most confusing thing anyone's ever said about me.

I don't really have any exact examples of stuff said in malice. But a lot of stuff that was said to me in the past pretty much all translated to the same thing. That I was a freak or an outsider that had no business existing, save for the likes of them to feed off my misery. Words and actions which pretty left me to become somewhat misanthropic in my later teen years to the point that I didn't really want anything to do human beings. How could I possibly trust human beings considering that they went out of their way to hurt me? While those that were supposed to stop them did nothing. Add that to a bunch of fair weather "friends" who abandoned me out of fear that their association with me would tarnish their pretty little lives. After which they moved on to joining in on the insults.

But you know what? They were right all along. I am a freak, outsider, weirdo, demon, etc. And a bloody fantastic one. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

That I'm abhorrent like all the other representatives of my nation. It was said behind my back (but intentionally audible enough so I could hear it) by someone I was genuinely trying to help.

• Brohoof 1

When my husband's mom (at the time he was my boyfriend) asked me if I had "decided to feel better". For context, I'm disabled with a genetic connective tissue disorder that's super painful, and at the time, I walked with a limp. It's okay though, her words hurt more than my hip.

I feel that it's another way around.  I had say far worst things to people than they do so to me. And yes, I do regret it depending who that person is..

(edited)

Wow.

I appreciate all of y'all sharing these with me, so I guess I'll say another. 

One time, in hs a girl basically told my friend that my laugh was annoying, and so my friend told me and I was pissed, and apparently my friend was also. 

I wasn't surprised, but it still made me mad because this girl was always talking smack about me and treated me like I was some sort of moron. 

I was already having issues (and still am) with confidence about how smart I was. So that didn't really help.

Bucking bi**&

We were forced to work together and she would never tell me where our group was meeting for the day. Always something like "In the library" then I would ask her where she was in the library, and she would just repeat "the library" and told me directions.

She never included me in anything, made me and my other two group members feel useless, and always treated us like stupid little shirts.

She didn't really "say" anything in this situation, but...

Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by Emerald<3

Someone once told me I shouldn’t try to pursue my dreams because I would end up disappointed. Not only did they assume a great deal about my supposed shortcomings, but the lack of moral support or encouragement were both painful and debilitating. But hey, guess what, I DID pursue my dreams anyway and came out just fine, thank you very much.   

While I was struggling with EDNOS and was also quite a bit bigger, I got into an argument with someone who wound up telling me that I was faking it “as an excuse to be fat”

• Brohoof 1

lets just say that my mom is very rude to me and my sisters and to my brother. So anyways she says a lot of bad things for no reason to me like she calls me the B word and a lot more. My 2nd older sister calls me a lot of rude names for no reasons even I never did anything bad to her, like if I said "you shouldn't be doing that" or "why are you mad or sad" and she will say bad things back. So for reals idk what was the worst thing someone ever called me, I mean someone did called me "move your fat butt" because I was waiting for the person in front of me to move and the kid who was behind who called me "fat butt" wasn't patient. It did hurt me a lot and I was 9, and we were in a waiting line for a slide ride.

Anyways that's all I can think of

Pretty dark one here, so read at your own risk, but it's something I'll never forget for as long as I live.

Spoiler

"You're just like your dad, and I hope one day you hang yourself like he did."

On 6/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Not necessarily the worst thing anyone has ever said about me (that list could go on), but my biological dad (R.I.P.) once got a call from the principal when I was in 9th grade; apparently she had recieved a report about me supposedly "touching myself in class". I (rightfully) denied it since I had absolutely no clue as to what she was talking about, and I'm honestly unsure as to where she got that accusation.

It's certainly the most confusing thing anyone's ever said about me.

I know that experience all too well. :unamused: The worst part of it is that they sometimes say I can't deny it when I can because it never f***ing happened!

• Brohoof 1