Ganondorf8

Sunset's Backstage Pass - Official Discussion.

I honestly love how chill Twilight was being about the whole time loop thing despite the fact she'd just be reset the next day and not remember it.
It was likely because she knows, having dealt with Equestrian Magic, it was nothing new.
I also loved the little twist to make it SEEM like the Sirens were the antagonists of the special, only to find out that it was a total misunderstanding of what they were up to, revealing that they WEREN'T responsible for the time loop. And as @Will Guide described to me, they weren't even evil. They were just obnoxious teenagers, because that's just how some teenagers are.

The special overall really surprised me with its plot twists, and predictable, yet satisfying story. And a title of 'Sunset's Backstage Pass', not being literal, was a good title choice, seeing as she wanted nothing more than to enjoy seeing PostCrush, and didn't even involve a possibly expected 'protagonist gets a chance to meet her idols with a special VIP pass' concept. And speaking of PostCrush, I really loved how they portrayed the concept of how your idols aren't as cool as they seem to be, and that they could actually turn out to be total jerks on the inside, while seeming cool on the outside.

• Brohoof 1
  • Rainbow Tea 2

Badges

This one was so so good. Best villains finally return (except now they're best not-evil girls), and with a great song to boot <3

Most amazing of all is that PostCrush is a blatant Puffy AmiYumi reference lol. Never thought i'd see the day

Badges

(edited)

I loved it. It might possibly be my favourite Equestria Girls of all time - and I'm including the four movies in that. Sure, the basic plot is borrowed/stolen from a famous movie, but that's easily forgiven since this special manages to do something really good with the concept. And it features one of my favourite ever Equestria Girls songs - if not the favourite.

Edited by Solar Power

Just an FYI for anyone interested, they are officially airing this special on the 27th on Discovery Family for those that have access. I didn't think it would be on TV at all so that's pretty cool 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I really liked this one. Time loops are always fun.

How many times did Sunset have to get whacked in the butt before she dodged?

She's a witch! Snails forgot all the magic he's seen.

The security guard was awesome.