Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Think EqG will be remembered as well as FiM or will it be forgotten?

Newman1651

After this spinoff is discontinued (which is pretty much inevitable). You think people will still remember this spinoff or will it fade into obscurity and be forgotten by all but a few?

Yeah. It has a big enough fanbase so of course it would. Not to the extent of FiM sure, but still, it's still significant enough.

• Brohoof 4

It has some sort of fanbase, I guess. I don't delve into the EqG side of the fanbase because I myself don't enjoy it.

59 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I think Equestria Girls will be remembered rather well, as it served many as their first foray into the fandom completely - including myself. As a whole, I don't think it will be quite as memorable as FiM, though it will be too significant to really forget.

though i wonder if that special that just aired today will be the last of the EqG animated content. Because I think that it will just end with that. no proper finale and no proper conclusion. 

57 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

It has some sort of fanbase, I guess. I don't delve into the EqG side of the fanbase because I myself don't enjoy it.

Though I wonder if the EqG spinoff is going to discontinue abripty, because I think sunset's Backstage Pass is gonna be the last of the animated content.

7 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

though i wonder if that special that just aired today will be the last of the EqG animated content. Because I think that it will just end with that. no proper finale and no proper conclusion. 

Though I wonder if the EqG spinoff is going to discontinue abripty, because I think sunset's Backstage Pass is gonna be the last of the animated content.

They already made Backstage Pass and there's still a bit more to be done. Heck there's an Choose your own ending as well.

Just now, Will Guide said:

They already made Backstage Pass and there's still a bit more to be done. Heck there's an Choose your own ending as well.

I did hear that there are still more shorts left to air but you in doubt that this spinoff will never get a proper finale or conclusion like with FiM?

4 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

I did hear that there are still more shorts left to air but you in doubt that this spinoff will never get a proper finale or conclusion like with FiM?

Please don't put words I never said in my mouth

Just now, Will Guide said:

Please don't put words I never said in my mouth

Though I'm wondering if this spinoff will just end abruptly with no real conclusion or no proper finale. 

And I desperately want to save myself from the stress and frustration that will occur when it does. . . I hate that I had to join this late.

The internet never forgets. Nor does the fan-base. But no spin-off series will be remembered as much as the original series.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hope people remember Equestria Girls fondly.

I think it's a great spinoff despite a couple of not so great things. 

Though what irks me more is an abrupt ending since there is no evidence of a proper finale in sight

• Brohoof 1

Probably not Mlp has far many more fans than EQ does. 

The only equestria girls things that will probably be remember are Rainbow Rocks and  forgotten friendship. 

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Twilight and Starlight said:

Probably not Mlp has far many more fans than EQ does. 

The only equestria girls things that will probably be remember are Rainbow Rocks and  forgotten friendship. 

I only like it because of it's concept of it's take on the Human and pony world dimensions which was i think introduced in G1. pretty sure there are others with the same reasons for interest

Edited by Newman1651

(edited)

I think it's going to be remebered as well; no reason no to, you know? I mean, it IS included in the FIM lore, so....

Edited by Xelto.r
  • Brohoof 1

The fact that it’s home to some of the fandom’s most popular characters like Sunset and the Dazzlings is enough for people to look back at fondly 

• Brohoof 3

Considering how many people love Sunset Shimmer and the Dazzlings(including myself), I think it's safe to assume that people will remember EQG, although there is no way that it will be on the level of MLP considering that there are way more MLP fans out there than EQG.

• Brohoof 1