Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No parents in EQG

Sepul-Coloratura

What do you think about the show's decision to not show any of the characters' parents?

And why do you think it is?

• I think it's to focus the show's setting mainly to the school and friendly activities. They don't have much time or resource or necessity to retell all the aspects of Equestria in human version.
  • Also, I think it's to emphasize the independencies of the characters as role models. Showing the characters working at part time jobs are the same reason. Them not just consuming things but making costumes, songs, shows, stages, foundations, events, etc. are the same reason.
  • The same issue appears a lot in modern anime (or manga, etc.). You barely or never know about the character's (especially) father, and usually, the mother is barely a character. But in these cases, I can't think of anything but the writer's lack of versatility and a sense of grounded reality within the story, also a juvenile desire to get off the parent's roof (ironically still taking advantage of the comfort of the parent's support). But I don't think EQG fundamentally shares the same vein with anime. (which is a whole story on it's own)

• 9 months later...

The Principals are the parents or the legal guardians of the school children. No need to add parents. No one wants toys of parents. In the very end, Equestria Girls was more of a toy line than a TV show.