Frostgage

Friend vs. Follower

14 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

This friend list is fine, I guess. But it's not really anything special. Sure, you can add people who you think you are friends with but this can also just cause bad things in the future because what if someone forgot about someone and they got mad that they weren't added to the list which in their head might think they were friends anymore.

All in the all though, the feature is meh in my eyes.

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I started to add friends to my list, but after just one I saw a potential problem of favoritism, and decided not to have a friends list.

Similar to how I will never manage anything to an exception or one-off, I make a point of not considering personality flaws when adding or altering anything. If someone starts questioning their friendship based on a list then it is wholly a problem with the person making the list, or the person who expects to be on that list. Either way it was a compromise so I don’t always have to tell people, “no.”

I’ve already raised my kids, so I don’t need to really say how someone should use this feature. That said, The good news is that your reaction is always within your control. Definitely not ours. 

I think I may pick a week this year and every time someone requests something I do it. If the next person wants it gone I undo it. Would be funny to see what the reaction is to that. 

Yeah, that is why I listed only myself there. That's right everyone, @Rikifive is my only friend. :pout: We argue quite often and I think he's dumb, but oh boy, we are good friends since I was born. We always do everything together. True friendship carries on through the ages. :grin:

Badges

24 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Yeah, that is why I listed only myself there. That's right everyone, @Rikifive is my only friend. :pout: We argue quite often and I think he's dumb, but oh boy, we are good friends since I was born. We always do everything together. True friendship carries on through the ages. :grin:

I like that idea, I'm going to do the same exact thing.

Badges

(edited)

Followers are more of the norm when dealing with online social forums.

But a Friend is something more meaningful than a Follower. A Follower doesn’t necessarily have to be your friend, while a Friend always follow you no matter how bad things get cause they have so much in common.

But other than that I have nothing against people who wanna follow me though I really could care less about this “Follow The Person” system cause it’ll breed a sense of desire for that person being Followed to become arrogant.

In my case, I’m better off making as many enemies as inhumanly possible cause it’ll give me the motivation to keep going with my Life. It’ll aspire me to become better, stronger, and smarter than my enemies. All for the sake of achieving my own independence and survival.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding more in underlined.

Badges

@Rikifive

I can't find the option on the Edit Profile to add Friends.

EDIT: NVM. Found it

Edited by Will Guide

Badges