Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How should the Equestria Girls series end?

FlareGun45

It's possible that Equestria Girls: Sunset's Backstage Pass, the one coming up (if you didn't watch it already) is the last special, but we dunno that for sure! I actually hope it IS the last special..... so the final Equestria Girls can be a movie! But what will that final EG be about if it gets made?

To seal the deal with Equestria Girls, the girls will need to find the source of the magic disturbance that's been plaguing their world, and perhaps it's about time they found it. Yunno what I think would be the solution? Princess Twilight has to SHUT OFF THE PORTAL! If that happens, all the magic in the EG world will disappear! Cause in the first EG movie, that's why the Rainbooms' magic disappeared in the first place, because the portal closed, and closing the portal would probably stop the leak too.

Now here's the conflict of the story: Sunset Shimmer has to make a choice! Once the portal closes, it cannot reactivate, and then she'll need to make a choice of whether to go back to Equestria or stay in the human world! Now that's an obvious choice, but it would be a conflict we'd all love to see! And the villain? Well let's say the villain could be similar to Sci-Twi in EG3, trying to harness the magic. The Dazzlings could make their return too, but it would probably be more interesting to have a bigger villain.... maybe the Pony of Shadows! I'm not sure completely. Maybe there'll even more one last crossover between ponies and humans - have each of the human counterparts meeting their pony counterparts, and dog Spike meeting dragon Spike, and perhaps the leak would glitch their looks, transforming them into humans and ponies or even half-pony half-human because of the magic leak.

Regardless though, EG deserves one final chance at getting the story right and finally concluding! EG has alota bumps, but it had its shining stories too, and it deserves to end with a BANG, just like FIM does!

So what do ya say? What would your dream Equestria Girls finale be?

• Brohoof 2

It should end with Grogar and the human counterparts of the villains taking it all over. Lol. No, but seriously it should end with everyone graduating and Sunset going to Equestria through the portal. 

• Brohoof 2

I agree the Mane 7 graduating would be a nice way to end the series. :rarity: Though I'd prefer Sunset staying in the human world, as her closest friends all live there. She could stay in contact with Princess Twilight using the journal and going through the portal, like before. :)

• Brohoof 7

(edited)
3 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

The Mane 7 graduating would be nice too! But there's gotta be some solution to the magic leak. Make sure it doesn't get worse.

You make it sound like Equestria Magic in the human world is bad. The Equestria Girl's necklaces would beg to differ. :P

They should simply graduate and use magic responsibly to help the people in the Human world.

Edited by Will Guide
Answer to topic
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone talks about G4 ending with Season 9, but what about Equestria Girls? I actually don't know?

I hope that they make a grand pony episode before it ends. I want to see more ponies.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You make it sound like Equestria Magic in the human world is bad. The Equestria Girl's necklaces would beg to differ. :P

They should simply graduate and use magic responsibly to help the people in the Human world.

It's not bad now, but it could!

The dazzlings do something terrible. Reform yet become convinced that this world will never accept them. Get the idea to returm to equestria (jerry rigging their own portal thus breaking all portals forever once they go through.) They beg sunset to go with them to help them get on their feet in equestria. She refuses and decides to stay a human forever. As they enter the portal sunset grazes  adagios arm  (who was only pretending to be reformed)(the other 2 truely are reformed) seeing her nefarious plan to harm princess twilight; who she blames for her downfall. Dives through the portal wrestling adagio. Upon reaching equestria reveals her plan to the other dazzlings who side with sunset and apprehend her. Adagio stands trial before celestia and is sentenced to tartarus. The other two receive pardon for helping sunset. Knowing she can never return, celestia offers for sunset to continue as her student. Sunset (very downcast) accepts. All is a bit gloomy untill princess twilight burst in to canterlot in a frenzy holding sunsets journal. In it lies a message from the equestria girls. The sun shines through the clouds and a smile comes across her face and one rainbow colored tear (refracted light) falls on the journal. 

The end.

I will echo others in saying that have the main characters graduate will make for a fulfilling ending. As for Sunset, I'd be happy with whatever happens to her, you know, as long as it's written well.

• Brohoof 1

I agree that EqG very much deserves a truly grand finale, and I think that it would probably make up for any shortcomings the series suffered from over the years.

Here's my idea, partially based off those from @cmarston1: The girls are preparing to graduate from Canterlot High, and the girls eagerly discuss their future plans. Sunset Shimmer, however, is left with a complete blank, made even more so by her recieving an invitation to continue her magic studies with Princess Celestia where they left off, as well as a spot in Princess Twilight's castle, making her start to feel homesick.

But then, the cracks in the statue finally break open, unleashing more magic than ever before and wreaking chaos over the city. Thus, Sunset goes through the portal to seek urgently help from Princess Twilight - and, with some convincing from her friends, takes them with her. They discover that the magic coming out of the portal threatens to spread past the city and become world-threatening if not stopped, so the only conclusion she reaches is to close the portal for good.

Upon hearing this, Sunset - without thinking - bursts out against it, admitting her homesickness and not wanting to say goodbye to anyone. This does not sit well with a few of her friends, particularly Applejack and Fluttershy - who have at this point made it known that they want to stop fighting the magic and focus on their own lives - and they accuse Sunset of being incredibly selfish, leaving her behind.

Thus, it's up to Sunset to mend her friendships, decide once and for all where she truly belongs, and stop the magic from spreading across the planet.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I agree that EqG very much deserves a truly grand finale, and I think that it would probably make up for any shortcomings the series suffered from over the years.

Here's my idea, partially based off those from @cmarston1: The girls are preparing to graduate from Canterlot High, and the girls eagerly discuss their future plans. Sunset Shimmer, however, is left with a complete blank, made even more so by her recieving an invitation to continue her magic studies with Princess Celestia where they left off, as well as a spot in Princess Twilight's castle, making her start to feel homesick.

But then, the cracks in the statue finally break open, unleashing more magic than ever before and wreaking chaos over the city. Thus, Sunset goes through the portal to seek urgently help from Princess Twilight - and, with some convincing from her friends, takes them with her. They discover that the magic coming out of the portal threatens to spread past the city and become world-threatening if not stopped, so the only conclusion she reaches is to close the portal for good.

Upon hearing this, Sunset - without thinking - bursts out against it, admitting her homesickness and not wanting to say goodbye to anyone. This does not sit well with a few of her friends, particularly Applejack and Fluttershy - who have at this point made it known that they want to stop fighting the magic and focus on their own lives - and they accuse Sunset of being incredibly selfish, leaving her behind.

Thus, it's up to Sunset to mend her friendships, decide once and for all where she truly belongs, and stop the magic from spreading across the planet.

Perfect!

everyone talking about a grand finale when the reality is that it will end abruptly

On 7/3/2019 at 8:41 PM, Toon4Thought said:

Sound slike Gravity Falls' Weirdmageddon. Though i don't see any grand finale as a possibility given that there was no mention of one by DHX as production had ceased. 

Most likely an abrupt end.

16 hours ago, Newman1651 said:

everyone talking about a grand finale when the reality is that it will end abruptly

Sound slike Gravity Falls' Weirdmageddon. Though i don't see any grand finale as a possibility given that there was no mention of one by DHX as production had ceased. 

Most likely an abrupt end.

So what? It's fun to speculate.

7 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

So what? It's fun to speculate.

Just trying to see to it that you dont actually expect a finale since work on the spin off's animated media was abruptly halted

1 hour ago, Newman1651 said:

Just trying to see to it that you dont actually expect a finale since work on the spin off's animated media was abruptly halted

That's not the point of speculating.

2 minutes ago, Newman1651 said:

dont specuate as though it will happen

Exactly what Toon4Thought was saying. It's for fun. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Ending with the portal opening for good, so that the ones belonging to Equestra can return, including Sunset Shimmer. But at the last minute, she turns back to her friends instead. That would have been an eventful and interesting "pony" filled movie or special.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it already ended, but I'll tell you how it should have ended!  With a massive crossover movie where all of the EG girls travel to Equestria and meet their counterparts, and they have a massive battle against the forces of darkness with two of every mane pony!  They basically should have had two of every main character for The End of The End Pt 2.

*EDIT*  YES!!!  I'M A PONY AGAIN!!!!  YES!!!!  Oh, thank, friggin' Celestia.  I was a crystal pony for a long time there, and then they added more ranks and retroactively demoted me to a yak, and I've been stuck there forever.  I don't want be a frigging YAKYUK.  I want to be f*ckin' PONY, BIATCH!  I mean, I'm not a racist or anything, but it's My Little PONY, not My Little YAK.  I don't wanna be a yak.  Buncha obnoxious smashy-smash, uncouth brutes.  The Klingons of the FIM universe.  :eww:

Edited by Justin_Case001
Ranked up. :D
  • Brohoof 3

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

Where is the human Sunset Shimmer?

And how old is she? That's an question I wonder, since she has lived a longer life than most of the other girls, including a "Pony Life" before being banished from Equestria (or running away for it, I don't remember what happened)