Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How should the Equestria Girls series end?

FlareGun45

5 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

And how old is she? That's an question I wonder, since she has lived a longer life than most of the other girls, including a "Pony Life" before being banished from Equestria (or running away for it, I don't remember what happened)

That is an odd quirk with the series in general. EQGs are in high school, presumably as seniors. We don't get an exact frame of reference for the ponies but based on their behaviors, the mane six all act like they're in their twenties, holding down jobs, managing businesses, running a school, acting as civilian militia and even holding office.  I think Twi and Sunset are the youngest of the mane seven. Late teens, just incredibly intelligent and mature for their age. They just traveled to a point in time where their pony counterparts are about the same age or younger. 

Either that or ponies are far more capable at a young age than their human counterparts are.

Graduation! Weren't all the girls technically seniors anyway? The only way to end the series properly would be to have them graduate from Canterlot High. I think a conflict could be that the girls are all going to go to different colleges/career paths, and that similar to Twi's fears in the actual show, that they won't see each other very often anymore and that they might drift apart. It still should be different enough from the plot/problem in the actual series finale, but I think something similar could still work really well for a finale for the Equestria Girls. :LunaMCM:    

On 4/18/2020 at 11:31 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

That is an odd quirk with the series in general. EQGs are in high school, presumably as seniors. We don't get an exact frame of reference for the ponies but based on their behaviors, the mane six all act like they're in their twenties, holding down jobs, managing businesses, running a school, acting as civilian militia and even holding office.  I think Twi and Sunset are the youngest of the mane seven. Late teens, just incredibly intelligent and mature for their age. They just traveled to a point in time where their pony counterparts are about the same age or younger. 

Either that or ponies are far more capable at a young age than their human counterparts are.

Sunset Shimmer and Twi  are seniors and they are capable of doing in their life stage. 

Edited by Van123

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, FlareGun45 said:

Maybe there'll even more one last crossover between ponies and humans - have each of the human counterparts meeting their pony counterparts, and dog Spike meeting dragon Spike, and perhaps the leak would glitch their looks, transforming them into humans and ponies or even half-pony half-human because of the magic leak.

Regardless though, EG deserves one final chance at getting the story right and finally concluding! EG has alota bumps, but it had its shining stories too, and it deserves to end with a BANG, just like FIM does!

So what do ya say? What would your dream Equestria Girls finale be?

Really, I wished they addressed the issue about Spike not getting to be human(there is a bunch of issues that's hindering his character in EGG due to that).
Like both Spikes deserve to be able to become humans in the human world.  That would be really good for their development.

• 3 years later...
On 2019-07-03 at 11:41 PM, Toon4Thought said:

I agree that EqG very much deserves a truly grand finale, and I think that it would probably make up for any shortcomings the series suffered from over the years.

Here's my idea, partially based off those from @cmarston1: The girls are preparing to graduate from Canterlot High, and the girls eagerly discuss their future plans. Sunset Shimmer, however, is left with a complete blank, made even more so by her recieving an invitation to continue her magic studies with Princess Celestia where they left off, as well as a spot in Princess Twilight's castle, making her start to feel homesick.

But then, the cracks in the statue finally break open, unleashing more magic than ever before and wreaking chaos over the city. Thus, Sunset goes through the portal to seek urgently help from Princess Twilight - and, with some convincing from her friends, takes them with her. They discover that the magic coming out of the portal threatens to spread past the city and become world-threatening if not stopped, so the only conclusion she reaches is to close the portal for good.

Upon hearing this, Sunset - without thinking - bursts out against it, admitting her homesickness and not wanting to say goodbye to anyone. This does not sit well with a few of her friends, particularly Applejack and Fluttershy - who have at this point made it known that they want to stop fighting the magic and focus on their own lives - and they accuse Sunset of being incredibly selfish, leaving her behind.

Thus, it's up to Sunset to mend her friendships, decide once and for all where she truly belongs, and stop the magic from spreading across the planet.

What about Spike too?
Anything for him?