Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel slightly depressed during your birthday?

Sepul-Coloratura

No. birthdays, like new years, are counters that cannot be compared to actual life span. Knowing my life will end someday is sad, but birthdays are fun, so no depression during birthdays!

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Splashee said:

No. birthdays, like new years, are counters that cannot be compared to actual life span. Knowing my life will end someday is sad, but birthdays are fun, so no depression during birthdays!

I like going to a nice restaurant and not having to pay!!!! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Oh, that really depends on how the year went between my birthday and the previous one. If I feel like I've made good accomplishments during that time, it'll be a happy day. However, should I feel as though I've wasted the previous year in between birthdays then it's going to be quite a terrible day. Birthdays have become a sort of judgment day. That's what it has become ever since my 26th birthday.

At the very least, this is looking to be a good birthday since this year has been marked with positive developments in my life.

• Brohoof 1

I try to feel neutral on my birthday. I have good memories of my birthday and bad ones, and I try to focus on the positives. I don’t mind getting older yet, at the very least. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
(edited)

Yeah it's a day where I remember how unpopular I am really, like in the past used to celebrate and people cared now they don't. I guess some part is getting older but a lot of people still have parties and celebrate. Even in secondary it was like meh. I remember in school it was like there was a girl with the same birthday as me and it felt like everyone was wishing her a good day but not me. She did lend my a birthday badge once cuz she felt sorry for me. I remember sitting having lunch alone on my bday as well but I guess that happened a lot anyway since no one wanted me to sit with them but usually on a friday especially. Later on as older I told  people its my bday I got sarcastic responses like ha getting older yeah you get more aches and pains like wtf, what about something positive. And I haven't received a bday gift from my dad or xmas gift in years and years though it doesn't matter. Even online it's like mehh. I removed the bday field on fb so I didn't get responses from random people before getting rid of fb all together. I guess it doesn't really matter though. I used to really like it and the spring time around then. I still get excited but when the day comes I get really depressed. I also had a lot of bad things happen. At least though I had good bdays when I was younger. Nobody really remembers either apart from one guy who only does since I have the same bday as his ex and some of my parents friends which is something. Yeah I know it's probably not the best attitude so I'll try change it ;P but that is defo how I felt in the past.

I guess it is mostly meaningless though since everyday is a new one since birth lol. I guess I could celebrate my accomplishments or something but nahhh I just wanna chill or something have a break from routine or excuse to celebrate. 

Edited by flurry

• 5 months later...

Sure enough, given every year we get older is like a different pool we have to swim in.  You can't celebrate your birthday the exact same way.  There are friends and loved ones who will have different voices when they bring you the cake.  But will your eyes feel healthy to see every cake?  Will you walk in every birthday?  You gotta be careful what jokes you say to the birthday person.  

As a teen, I went through that phase where my family stopped treating me like a child, which meant no birthday parties, and no get-togethers. The first few partyless birthdays did kinda depress me, but as I've gotten older, I've grown accustomed to just asking for a few dollars and a gift card.  :mustache:

Aw, sad topic :( *hugs* to those who do feel sad.

Honestly no for me. I <3 my birthday. Not so much the presents these days, but I like the company and ceremony. Also I always get taken out to a great restaurant we found.

• 2 years later...