Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should we have a G5 speculation/hype forum?

Sepul-Coloratura

I think the fandom's expectations and hype are expressed by the from of nonsense theories and speculations.

We all know G5 is going to be whatever it's going to be, but as a forum member, I think we should make a forum for discussing about the future generation. We already started to have those kind of discussions on the forums.

It doesn't matter if we discuss anything accurate or valid, it's just about hyping it up and fan theories, fan ideas (whether or not somebody reads it), etc. As a person who got into MLP forums by having synopsis ideas, I suggest we should have G5 speculation forum. It's all about hype and ideas. Of course later on, there would be G5 news update forums and actual G5 forum, but until then, we should have this.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

I think it is an excellent idea. The more easier it is to find, the more of our (the fans) ideas can be picked up by the show's staff, hopefully in time, to make the right choices. At the current time, I only have disbelief in what G5 will be. Maybe a more directed and dedicated place would change my mind.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

I think it is an excellent idea. The more easier it is to find, the more of our (the fans) ideas can be picked up by the show's staff, hopefully in time, to make the right choices. At the current time, I only have disbelief in what G5 will be. Maybe a more directed and dedicated place would change my mind.

Connecting with the show's staff can be one of the ultimate accomplishments of fan sites. (but realistically, I think it will be hard to change that much about G5, and I also want to critique after what they offer us with their original ideas. In some part of me, I don't want the show creators to pick up the fan's ideas.) What I thought about the major goal for this is to keep the fandom's expectations alive and bounce off each other's ideas and have fun.

We already have one, but the lack of activity is understandable.

1-G4 isn’t over yet

2-Most information known is from “The Leak”, with information that may or may not change. There’s not even a final design for ponies. Plus, I’ve realized people who saw the leaks are fewer than expected, to the point of many even questioning the existence of “The Leak”, and that hits the number of potential discussions even further

3- the only official information known so far is the premiere year of the debut movie, which is a year later than what was discussed in “The Leak”, evidencing that, while G5 is indeed coming, non of that information is final 

• Brohoof 1

It could be a good idea, given the insane amount of posts and topics we get regarding it. On the other hand, I don't think we yet have enough information on it yet, seeing as our main source of information is just from a leak.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Cash In said:

It could be a good idea, given the insane amount of posts and topics we get regarding it. On the other hand, I don't think we yet have enough information on it yet, seeing as our main source of information is just from a leak.

I was not talking about something related to the information we get. It's all about just guessing what G5 might be, just fan theories and ideas (just for fun). And when we get to know more about G5 from a reliable source, the whole thing might change then.

G5 has a Forum and is listed as coming soon. It is current locked and will open when official information starts being released. Until then using the FiM section for G5 Speculation is acceptable.