Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Heroes: My Hero Academia

Venomous

@Bakugou Is My Man ❤

As they were walking towards the building, Mamoru too notice of Wolf, who turned around to smile sweetly at him. He didn't understand why, but when he took notice of her canines in the smile. He couldn't help, but notice that her canines helped emphasize how nice her smile looked. "I guess we are kind of the odd ones out. Unless you count Ryu as he's a dragon, after all." He chuckled, before a thought came to mind. "I was kind of surprised too, but then I guess things work out for the best. I know they usually take humans, but I wasn't sure if they took hybrid humans, or something along those lines. I guess I saw things were different when I watched the U.A. Sports Festival on TV. I noticed that one of the top three students was a human, but their face looked to be a sort of bird or a crow. I think his name was Tokoyami Fumikage. He looked really cool and I liked how his quirk is basically his shadow. Which I guess can really be your best friend/partner in crime. It actually made me want to try and apply for this school and I'm glad I was able to be accepted."

At the mention of being a team and if she was right, he thought momentarily, before smiling. "It sounds to me like you're thinking of us teaming up together. I like the way that you think, Wolfie. Also, I'm going to go with the third option and say that you're absolutely one hundred percent right on both!" He chuckled, not realizing that he unintentionally gave the female wolf a sort of nickname. He was then momentarily caught off guard as she took his hands into her own. He blushed at the close contact between the two, while also noticing how warm and comforting her hands had felt. As his hands were thrown into the air and as she let go, he kept his hands in the air momentarily as her words sunk in. He felt a sudden, yet brief gust of wind flow right past him. His ears twitched slightly at the gentle touch of the light breeze. His hair flowing in the wind, while he had an odd, yet kind feeling in his chest. He couldn't understand why, but her presence was almost like a breath of fresh air. Her happy go lucky attitude was almost infectious as he couldn't help in smiling at her words. What he didn't realize was that there wasn't a gusts of wind for a couple of minutes. What that earlier breeze was about, he honestly didn't know.

Fading back into reality, he jumped into the air as he threw his hands back down to his sides. "Team Canine forever! I like the sound of that team name. Is there a secret handshake for being on the team? Oh, hey! Wait for me!" He called out to her and ran as she was far away and making her way to the student lounge. After catching up to Wolf, he followed her into the lounge as he began to inspect the place. There were various chair and couches, along with two televisions. "Huh. Talk about being able to multitask with playing video games and watching anime/cartoons. I wonder if the teachers would ever consider allowing us to bring in gaming consoles. That would make for epic gaming tournaments on our off days from studying and training." He moved over to one of the available couches and sat next to Wolf, but a few feet away as he wanted to mind one's personal space. He nodded wholeheartedly as he made sure to listen to everything about the female wolf. His eyes widened slightly at the mention of having two pro heroes subduing her due to her rabid state. Although, he nodded in understand, but made sure not to judge. 

"That's very interesting from what you've told me, so far. I think the name Wolf is really cool. I'm glad you told me about your rabid state. I promise I won't judge you as I think you're a pretty awesome person. That's my opinion and that won't change. If you ask me, then I think you'll be able to conquer that rabid state and make it into your own power. Remember when you mentioned during the demonstration about something along the lines of being a monster? I don't think you'll be a monster. To be honest? I think you'll be a pretty badass fighter and a pretty awesome hero in the future. Especially from what you told me about your dreams for the future. It's always good to have a dream to work towards. Gives that sort of mindset to reach that goal in mind." He says, giving her an honest grin, while revealing his less than sharp canines. At the mention of telling her about himself, he paused. Crossing his arms in thought as he directed his attention towards the ceiling. 'I know she mentioned about not expecting to mention anything personal. I mean, she told me something that she considered personal from her rabid state. Maybe...I should wait for now. I want to get to know her first, before letting her know anything personal.' With a nod, he unfolded his arms and looked back towards the female wolf. He crossed his legs and leaned forward. Almost mimicking the action, but placing his hands on his knees to keep him from falling backwards.

"Hmm...let's see...my name is Mamoru. I'm not sure if we are going to work on heroes names yet, but I would have to say that my hero name would be Blaze Trail. If you'd like, then I can tell you the meaning of that name. I'm glad that I'm not the only one about wanting to be a pro hero too. I've always wanted to be a pro hero like my dad when he was in the hero agency. He mostly worked at night as that was his kind style. He worked with other Shinobi, who were all about protecting the streets at night from any sorts of villains. They all formed a team to be known as the Stealth Elementalists, or Shadow Walkers. My dad went by the hero name, Striker Shadow. The meaning behind it was because he wanted to work within the shadows, so that the lights of tomorrow can cast an even stronger shadow to protect. My dad had an odd way of describing things, but that's what he told me. The moment he saw my quirk, he knew I was going to be the next in line to become a ninja. I'm not sure on the idea of being a hero at night as I feel it's better to be working together with others in the light of day. My mom isn't a hero, but she works as a sort of fortune teller. She uses tarot cards to read any potential futures the cards may hold for her customers. Speaking of which, my dad is human, while my mom is a human/fox hybrid. My mom and dad both have elemental powers, but it kind of varied. I know I took after my mom as she had pyrokineses. My dream is to become a great shinobi that can become a great hero and be there for others." He responded, while trying to think of what else to talk about as he wanted to learn more and more about Wolf. "I was thinking that since we are trying to get to know each other. Besides telling each other information that we are comfortable with discussing, of course. Maybe we can ask each other questions back and forth. Such as likes, dislikes, hobbies, favorite color and such. What do you think, Wolfie?" He asks, tilting his head slightly, while a look of curiosity was ever present upon his face.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

As the other student leapt at him demanding he use his quirk. Tharas growled in annoyance. His eyes lit purple and he swiftly flowed around the attacks. Spinning in tighter and righter moves he finally fell into place behind his attacker. Three phoenix fist strikes to nerve clusters should have his opponent unable to move. 

" Someone will either have to release my attack or you should regain mobility and feeling within the next 5 to 30 minutes depending on your constitution. I might not have much in the way of empowering my attacks but precision and speed are my saving grace. Have fun...

Heading into his room he started to arrange his things. Ensuring he had all of his down time clothing and a few personal items. With a sigh he turned to Toby. 

" I tend to meditate a lot. I also am not one to open up swiftly so you will have to forgive me if I seem cold. Giving into emotional states ends badly for me and for others. As for what I brought I have my clothing. A few meditation aids. I believe my defensive gear or schematics for it are with the support division as I doubt they allow us to have it in our room.

@Jedishy @TBD

Seeing the other move around him and land a few hits in his nerve spots he stood still for a few. Listening to the other he chuckled "Touche...toodles." he said seeing Tharas leave. A few minutes passed before he cracked his joints regaining movement, rolling his shoulders some "Ah well, least I know he isnt strong and his speed is alright. Going to be fun playing with him in a real spar." he began to walk off towards the rooms "Right...now which room was mine?" he went over collecting his duffel bag heading to the rooms

Opening the door to 11 he peered inside "Right...believe this one is...WOAH." he pushed the door open and rushed over to some luggage that was neatly stacked on the floor. "So we get a room and some new clothes and stuff." he began to unzip a few of the luggage dragging out clothing. Most of it being Black or some dark color "I suppose beggars cant be choosers but damn like an emo and goth came in here and dumped their mascara all over this stuff." he held up a few of the shirts holding them to himself to see if they would fit "Hmm think it should fit." he began to remove his jacket, his shirt and pants starting to put on some of the shirts "Oh I like this..really nice material to."

Pulling on a pair of black jeans he tucked in the shirt into the jeans before looking himself over in the mirror "Not bad. Really wish there was more colors. Suppose I could always have an Emo phase and sit in a corner somewhere and be all "The world is pain." or write some poetry that is about pain. Roses are black, like my soul. How did I wind up at this school?" he chuckled before going through another bag "Well...I guess some undergarments are nice to have but, more black? Wonder if it will fit.." before seeing items in the bags "Huh some trinkets." he began to fully put his head and arms into one of the bags as he was tossing things out "I wonder if there is a pair of Speedos and whether or not they are black...if they are then I am going to ask Haze if she things I am emo."

As Ryu heated up a pre-packaged chicken and noodle bowl in the provided microwave oven, he watched as the other teens interacted with each other on one of the provided couches, though it did seem that some had already chosen to go into their rooms. It was a reasonable decision, as they had all only just now finished their first day at the one of the top schools in the country. Relaxing in their own personal space would certainly help to ease whatever tension such a thing might have caused, even if very little had actually occurred at all. 

@Bakugou Is My Man ❤ @Dynamo Pad

With that in mind, the primary conversation that took his interest was the one between Wolf and Mamoru, if only for the sheer amount of information provided. It was also amazing that they could have such energy when speaking with one another, though he figured it would be best to wait a few days to see how the relationship between them turned out. He would certainly help the kitsune in getting going further than that of a mere friendship with Wolf if he wanted such a thing, though doing anything too drastic right at the start would only serve to make things far too complicated for his liking. If everything worked out, however, then unnecessary drama would be avoided, the two would probably be happier than they were before, and none would know of his overall involvement other than that of a simple adviser/messenger.

Once his food was warmed sufficiently, the dragon based quirk user grabbed the bowl with one hand, not really caring for the notable temperature of the ceramic bowl itself, and a pair of chopsticks with the other. After a brief mental debate on the benefits of staying over holing up in his room, Ryu simply sat on the same couch as Mamoru, leaving a good bit of space between them, and proceeded to eat his meal. While he was content with listening in silence for the time being, he might join the conversation if they would let him.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@Canteen_the_unstable

The other students begin leaving the lounge and made their way to the 1-c dorms room. Noroi will follow later but first, he wants to grab something from the snack bar just in case if he gets hungry since he skipped lunch. After he bought some snacks from the snack machine, he made his way to the dorm.

He looks around for his room and saw room 11. Noroi stands by the door and remembered that his roommate is Canteen. 

*To himself: “He talks a lot but hopefully I will manage..hopefully. How bad can this be?”

He turns the doorknob and swings the door open. He saw his clothes, undergarments and the rest of his things scattered around the ground. He look up and in glimpse saw someone wearing his clothes digging through more of his luggage. 

He closed the door quickly. “Oh crap a robbery!” Noroi rushes down the hallway to alert the staff.

…..

“...Wait a second..” he slowed down and slap his hand on his face. His paranoia got the best of him, how could he be so dense!

He ran back to the room and violently swung the door open. The robber is no other than Canteen. Canteen was looking through his bag and was about to reach over some of the luggage on the right side. 

“Gahh!” He rushed over to of his luggage that Canteen was about to open, grub it and cling as much as he can against his chest. At first, Noroi thought they’re going to have their own separate room but that has changed. There are things in his luggage that are not to be seen by anyone. 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!” Noroi blurted out. His face and ear turn red as his privacy has been violated. Steam coming out from his ear out of anger.

• 5 months later...

@Renegade the Unicorn

@Dynamo Pad

@Jedishy

@Arid_Blitz

@Drago Ryder

@TBD

Ana Usa rises up from her chair in the teacher’s lounge. ”I figure now is a good time to let my students know what it is they can improve upon. I have given them some time to get to know one another so that relaxation will make my revelations...less intense. Hopefully”

A large mist appears in front of the students. The atmosphere becomes hazy, all students becoming numb and disoriented. As quickly as it appears, the fog dissipates. Out from the mist comes Ana with a clipboard.

”Ah! We meet again, my students. I apologize for making you temporarily incapacitated but I had to get your attention somehow! What I have here is my list of things I feel that you can all improve on with your quirks. After seeing all of you in action, I took notes. Please take what I have to say seriously, as these are things you need to hear whether it be welcome or not. As you know, here at UA, we staff strive to produce the best heroes possible and in order to be that best hero, you must know what it is you lack and how you can help that. Everyone has limitations/weaknesses and that’s okay but there is always room to grow! I am planning a training camp visitation for all of you to work on improving. We will go there in the foreseeable future so listen well!”

Wolf:
The instruction takes a look around and her gaze fixes on Wolf. “As usual, we’ll start with you, Wolf. You have incredible speed, a sense of smell & hearing little to no one human can match, sharper than knife nails, fangs that can pierce human skin, and a tail that gives a boost in the balance department. Easily, you are best suited for offense. No question. There isn’t much you can offer in regards to defense. However, that is okay, as most heroes and even villains tend to be an expert in either offense or defense. Sure, there are those who do well in both areas but you don’t need that to be a great hero. I can promise you that. What I feel you need to focus on right now is honing your howl and your main weapon: your nails. When you howled during the exhibition, you were only able to attract a few canine’s attention. You should be able to attract at least 50. Yes, this can depend on how many dogs, wolves, coyotes, etc. are in the area but if you can hone that howl of yours, you will be able to attract more of their attention. I’m sure you haven’t thought of this so I did... You can use dogs to your advantage. What I mean by this is if you can summon a pack of canines, you can use them to sniff temporary things out or even deliver messages. Obviously, don’t use an innocent little girl’s dog if you can help it! This is a chance for you to be creative. As for those nails, I expect you to be able to cut through steel and even more at some point. A thick tree trunk is impressive but what if you come across a villain that has diamond for skin? How will you get through it? You gotta work on that”.

@Renegade the Unicorn

“Now, time for Mr. Toby. You can transform into your hero form. That is something that isn’t exactly common in hero society, as most individuals use what they have immediately. You are a bit of an uncommon catch! Remember, All Might has a similar ability. What we need from you, Toby, is to be able to extend your time in your hero form. The reason is obvious: you’ll need to hold out longer for longer altercations. If you can work on holding onto your form longer and longer each time, I see you being able to sustain that form for as long as necessary. This is will also prevent you from using such...drastic measures when fighting. You won’t have to worry about going all out right away and save your energy for when it truly counts. Obviously, you will still have a breaking point but if that gets further and further away, you will be able to save more lives. Duration is key for you”.

@Dynamo Pad
“Canine #2, Mamoru! You were blessed with the power to control the element of fire. However, I can say with much confidence that you have the ability to control more than that. I can tell. When you move, your body sways in subtle ways that it wants to release more than you what you already do. I’ve seen it before! If you can focus on on those other elements, you will be a truly formidable hero. One element is amazing but even more? I’ll just say that we’re glad you’re on our side! How many elements will you be able to work with, I cannot say but I know there’s more deep down. If you can, I want you to work on using water. When we go to our training camp, I’ll give you some pointers on how to begin that process. You and Wolf over there will make a truly fine team! An even cuter couple, I’d say ;]”

@Jedishy
”We meet again, Tharas. Or shall I say Mr. Future? Ha! A unique ability indeed: being able to shortly see into the future. This is an incredibly versatile quirk. What I want to see you improve on is similar to Toby over there: endurance. Being able to see into the future shortly is incredibly useful and sometimes, that’s all you’ll need. Alas, I shouldn’t have to tell you that the further you can see ahead, the better! This will aid you in combat and rescuing. If you can see what a villain or villains may do, you can act accordingly to save someone. You gotta push past any discomfort and keep looking forward into time. I know that you get very hungry when at your limit. To that, I strongly recommend you always carry around quick snacks high in protein & sugar. This will give you a boost when needed. I suggest glucose tablets! Listen to your body, though... If you think one tablet won’t be enough, take more. I’m sure a student in the support area could whip up something for ya at some point”

@Canteen_the_unstable

”Hello, Canteen! How are you? I hope you’re doing well. As for you, I see that you can temporarily slow time. That’s not a quirk you hear of a lot at all. Time-related quirks are hard to come by and they are as useful as they are rare. I know I sound like a broken record but you have to work on endurance as well. You’ll want all the advantage of slowing time that you can possibly get. This will aid you in combat and rescuing civilians. What I expect from you is to push yourself harder and harder each time to ensure you can slow time for at least a few minutes. I would say 2 minutes would be more than enough. Although you may surprise all of us and be able to go for even longer! Got it? Good”.

@Drago Ryder
“Being able time transform into a dragon (or at least dragon-like) is a crazy quirk, I’ll tell you that but it’s also incredibly powerful. Dragons are renowned for having extreme strength. Not only that but you got the luck of the draw with a pair of wings too! Your scales are an excellent form of defense and your claws qualify for perfect offense material. I want you to focus on something similar to Wolf: focus on strengthening those claws. I noticed that, when you fly, you take your time taking off. I understand that you may find it difficult to blast off with your bulky wings but it is vital that you learn to take off immediately with one, single flap. Time can be of the essence in a rescue scenario. What if someone is falling from a building or a violin throws them? You may be their only chance of survival. I don’t want to sound like a therapist but you gotta be more social! You are a bit reserved. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I want to see you grow as a person, not just as a dragon”.

@TBD
“Nori. Or should I call you karma, karma, karma! That’s a reference to the Brady Bunch in case you didn’t know... Anyway, out of all of the quirks I have seen in my years as a teacher, yours is definitely one of the most unique. I have honestly never seen anything like it. You’re a strange one. I don’t mean that in a negative way, of course. Sometimes, the stranger the better! You are able to curse things and that will prove to be a very, very powerful tool at your disposal. Villains will rue the day they came into contact with you should you cast something onto them. As great as it is to be able to inflict pain or suffering onto others who probably deserve it, I think it would be worth looking into being able to create positive fortunes for others. This would prove to be a very helpful thing to your allies”.

”Now! All of you get a good night’s rest because we are headed out to camp tomorrow morning bright & early! Surprised? Don’t be. You gotta be ready for anything at UA. We don’t play around here! Hahaha!”

HAVE YOUR OCS GO TO THEIR ROOMS AND GO TO BED AND WAKE UP FOR THE NEXT DAY IN THE SAME POST. ANA USA WILL MEET THEM TO TAKE THEM TO CAMP.

• Brohoof 2

@Bakugou Is My Man ❤ 

Toby nodded, taking in what Usa had told him. "Duration is key." he muttered under his breath, as if he were taking mental notes; which, in fairness, he was. He had a unique Quirk, after all, and he needed to learn how to lengthen its time. As Toby went to bed, he began thinking of ways he could do so. Meditation and exercise seemed like a good place to start. 

He woke up the next morning, performed his usual morning routine - shower, get dressed, brush teeth, eat breakfast. When those were finished, he made his way to the rendezvous point, waiting on the others.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:09 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Ana Usa rises up from her chair in the teacher’s lounge. ”I figure now is a good time to let my students know what it is they can improve upon. I have given them some time to get to know one another so that relaxation will make my revelations...less intense. Hopefully”

A large mist appears in front of the students. The atmosphere becomes hazy, all students becoming numb and disoriented. As quickly as it appears, the fog dissipates. Out from the mist comes Ana with a clipboard.

”Ah! We meet again, my students. I apologize for making you temporarily incapacitated but I had to get your attention somehow! What I have here is my list of things I feel that you can all improve on with your quirks. After seeing all of you in action, I took notes. Please take what I have to say seriously, as these are things you need to hear whether it be welcome or not. As you know, here at UA, we staff strive to produce the best heroes possible and in order to be that best hero, you must know what it is you lack and how you can help that. Everyone has limitations/weaknesses and that’s okay but there is always room to grow! I am planning a training camp visitation for all of you to work on improving. We will go there in the foreseeable future so listen well!”

“Canine #2, Mamoru! You were blessed with the power to control the element of fire. However, I can say with much confidence that you have the ability to control more than that. I can tell. When you move, your body sways in subtle ways that it wants to release more than you what you already do. I’ve seen it before! If you can focus on on those other elements, you will be a truly formidable hero. One element is amazing but even more? I’ll just say that we’re glad you’re on our side! How many elements will you be able to work with, I cannot say but I know there’s more deep down. If you can, I want you to work on using water. When we go to our training camp, I’ll give you some pointers on how to begin that process. You and Wolf over there will make a truly fine team! An even cuter couple, I’d say ;]”

”Now! All of you get a good night’s rest because we are headed out to camp tomorrow morning bright & early! Surprised? Don’t be. You gotta be ready for anything at UA. We don’t play around here! Hahaha!”

HAVE YOUR OCS GO TO THEIR ROOMS AND GO TO BED AND WAKE UP FOR THE NEXT DAY IN THE SAME POST. ANA USA WILL MEET THEM TO TAKE THEM TO CAMP.

As he was talking to Wolf, Mamoru had glanced behind him to see that Ryu had taken a seat next to them. He smiled as he acknowledged the dragon's presence, before going back into the conversation with the female wolf. Suddenly, he was stopped as a large mist appeared in front of him and the others. The atmosphere around him became hazy due to the mist. Feeling numb and disoriented due to the mist's effects, Mamoru had fallen forward, before coming to a rest upon Wolf's shoulder. No sooner did that happen, the fog had suddenly vanished as Ana had soon appeared. It had taken the fox boy a moment to gather his thoughts, before suddenly jumping back with a look of surprise and a blush upon his face. He wanted to apologize to Wolf, but due to Ana talking, the best he could do was to give Wolf and apologetic expression.

He looked back at his teacher as she explained why she was here. 'She couldn't have just shown up or made an announcement for us to gather?' He thought with a deadpanned expression. All the while thinking of ways on how to not let the mist get to him again. His expression soon changed into a serious look at the mention of taking the teacher's words to heart. He listened to what Ana had said about him, while thinking back to his demonstration. 'My body sways in subtle ways? I thought it was due to my abilities of being a Shinobi. I didn't think there was more to it than that.' He thought it was intriguing as he was glad there was room to improve. "I don't really know if I can choose the element, or if the element chooses me, but I'll try. I accept the pointers and thank you for the help, sensei." He nodded, before hearing the comment about Wolf and him being a couple.

The blush he tried to suppress had returned full force upon hearing the teacher's comment. He couldn't acknowledge her words, but couldn't deny them either. He couldn't even respond due to his blushing, feeling nervous and being tongue-tied. 'Does she know something that I don't? Maybe she saw the wink that Wolfie gave me from earlier.' Upon hearing that it was time for bed, Mamoru nodded as he turned to Wolf. "It sounds like it's starting to get late. I'm going to get something quick to eat and then I'll turn in first. In case I don't get the chance to say it later. Goodnight and I'll see you in the morning, Wolfie." He stood up from his seat, bid the others a good evening, got something quick to eat and headed towards his room. Upon entering said room, he noticed that his suitcase was placed at the foot of his bed. He soon climbed into his bed, closed his eyes and allowed sleep to take hold.

Mamoru had woken up early the next day as he knew he had to start getting ready. Due to his father's training, he was always a morning person. He gave the occasional yawn, but he was still awake. He remembered that he and the others were going to a camp for training. Throwing the covers off of him, the fox boy made his way over towards his suitcase and began to unpack and repack. Since it was nice weather, he would make sure to take the essentials based on how each day would be. After a few minutes, he left the room and went to do his morning routine: showering, getting dressed into his uniform, eating breakfast, and brushing his teeth. He soon brought what he needed with him, before heading towards the location that the group was supposed to meet up at. He saw that Toby had arrived first as he gave the classmate a smile and friendly wave. "Morning, Toby. Ready for training camp today?" He asks, waiting for the others to show up.

@TBD

Canteen hearing the yelling let out a scream before grabbing the clothes he set aside and jumped to his feet "BACK OFF THESE ARE MINE I GOT HERE FIRST!" before seeing the door was now closed he narrowed his eyes before rushing the window and jumped out, having had opened it earlier. Flipping through the air he landed down on the ground and took off towards the other students, skidding to a stop as the haze came up before listening to the teacher. Rubbing the back of his head "Oh yeah..I could do that. Maybe,"

After the fact he saw Noroi was standing nearby "Well I'm going to bed...See ya." he took off running back to the room, stopping by the bathroom to take a shower then head to bed for the next day..hiding the newly found clothes under his mattress, getting up pretty early to sneak out to wait for the others. Wearing the new clothes and a newly Acquired Hoodie he found...in Norio's drawers...under some boxers. Sitting up from a laying position on the bench Canteen saw people there "Oh hey...keep it down I am trying to sleep till we leave..so inconsiderate."

" Yes teacher. I will ensure I pick up extra power bars the next time we have off from class. Though it might be best to take your advice and see if the support team can cook up something with more bang. Also would anyone be willing to help me get extra workouts in, in the morning?

Tharas headed back to his dorm to spend the evening in deep meditation and martial training. 

Ryu had finished his meal when the class’s teacher entered the room via her quirk and shifted his wings slightly if only to stop the mist from entering his body. While the majority of the information provided didn’t exactly mean anything to him, that didn’t mean that the boy wouldn’t listen. As for the advice that she provided on him specifically, he began to think about what had been said.

Honestly, his quirk was one that obeyed the laws of physics to the letter when compared to the others, so there was little he could do to get his takeoff to such an absurd level without a source of thrust. At the very least, he might be able to shorten it by some degree if he could strengthen the muscles in his wings and legs. For now, he would just ignore the examples in favor for the idea overall, if only because stopping someone abruptly mid-fall would most likely have the same effect on their body as hitting the ground if they were going fast enough. Looking between the top of the cloak his wings had formed and his body, Ryu glanced at his claws and clenched them into a loose fist. He could potentially hone their edge, along with those found on his feet as well, a bit easier than dealing with his flight, so that was something. As for being more social, that was an entirely different beast all together. It wasn’t that he didn’t like his classmates, but there was more to such behavior than just personality alone. Either way, the only thing he could logically do was nod. ”Thank you for the help, sensei.”

As for the assistance Tharas requested, he would try to get back to him on that later. At the very least, the differences in their quirk might create differences in the routine each might benefit the most from. For the time being, the best he could give the precog user would be to simply use his quirk until he felt like collapsing in a heap on the floor and taking a break to let his body recover, if only slightly. Of course, he would have to repeat the process several times, pushing his body further than before, but no one ever said building endurance was quick and painless. Granted, that also didn’t mean you should break your body to such a degree that it was unusable. “I suppose I should be getting some sleep as well. I’m certainly looking forward to what might come this year.”

After disposing of the soiled bowl and chopsticks, Ryu went to his room in order to prepare for the next day and get his belongings unpacked. Aside from what was already in the room prior to his arrival, a few books that he had acquired prior to his application to UA were set on a shelf located under the television. There was a notable variety in the topics covered, specifically philosophy, history, and legends of old, though there were a few books on magic as well. He had never been interested in stories pertaining to modern heroes, let alone any other form of their absurd merchandise, no matter the number of attempts made by others. As for food, a bowl of fruit could also be seen on the nearby coffee table, and the mini-fridge was fully stocked with drinks and snacks. Atop that was a bowl containing a few dozen protein bars and packets of tea, though there wasn’t much variety in the way of flavor. Clothes could also be found either hung within the closet or in the provided dresser, and toiletries could be seen in his bathroom. It had been a pain to get all of this here, but he was certainly thankful for the idea of working part time alonside school for the last few years. He might have been an orphan, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t have a couple thousand yen in the bank.

(Note:The minimum wage in Japan is set at 874 yen per hour and ¥1 is equal to .0093 USD. This is assuming that the currency used in the BNHA universe is the same as ours.)

In regards to his sleep schedule for that night, it was pretty much the norm for him. After taking a warm shower, Ryu went to bed at around ten thirty. He then proceeded to sleep for the next four hours before waking up in a cold sweat with his body aching. The amount was always the same no matter the time and trying to get more was not an option. A shower helped soothe his muscles, and a cup or three of tea would help keep him awake. Once that was taken care of, the hybrid practiced tai chi katas for the next half hour. He then used the window to exit his room and flew for one and a half hours around the school grounds to clear his mind and stargaze. Returning to his room at five thirty in the morning, Ryu took another shower and put on a fresh change of clothes. After preparing for the day to come and running a few plans through his head, he had a breakfast of two Fuji red apples and four protein bars while reading a book containing legends from the Ulster cycle. 

Considering the fact that a specific time for them to meet up wasn’t exactly provided, Ryu was surprised to see a few of his classmates were already there by the time he had arrived. “Looks like we’re missing a few people. Hopefully, they don’t get left behind.” He was sure that they wouldn’t if their sensei had anything to say about it, though he was hoping that whatever they used to get to the camp wouldn’t be too compact for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@Canteen_the_unstable 

Noroi ran over to try to grub a hold on Canteen but he already made his escape out the window. Noroi slam his hand on the window shelf and cursed under his breath.  He gave out a big sign and look at his stuff being thrown all over the floor.  

"That Canteen will pay for this!" He made a ran outside to chase after Canteen and screaming at him in foreign language.  He immediately stop when he saw Instructor Haze and the other students..and that canteen. Noroi hates to make himself a center of attention..

"Ahem.." pulling his hoodie down to his face but giving Canteen a glare. 

He listen to Haze giving each of the students what weakness they have to work on. When she got to Noroi, he froze a bit.

On 3/24/2020 at 2:09 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Nori. Or should I call you karma, karma, karma! That’s a reference to the Brady Bunch in case you didn’t know... Anyway, out of all of the quirks I have seen in my years as a teacher, yours is definitely one of the most unique. I have honestly never seen anything like it. You’re a strange one. I don’t mean that in a negative way, of course. Sometimes, the stranger the better! You are able to curse things and that will prove to be a very, very powerful tool at your disposal. Villains will rue the day they came into contact with you should you cast something onto them. As great as it is to be able to inflict pain or suffering onto others who probably deserve it, I think it would be worth looking into being able to create positive fortunes for others. This would prove to be a very helpful thing to your allies”.

Although sadly he doesn't get the references, he doesn't watch a lot of shows. But that would be a good battle cry, he thought about one specific show he does know. He didn't think a hero would encourage inflicting pain and suffering onto others like the villains. She's not wrong. Some do deserve it he knows that but he begin think back about his family. 

Noroi made his way back to the room before canteen and begin to unpack and organized his stuff. "Maybe it best for you not to go forward with this hero career Noroi" He remembered his father telling him that. "Your quirk is a bit..questionable, it will look bad on our hero's family agency. Do reconsider." 

Noroi signed as he finish unpacking. Although he has a feeling some of his stuff are missing and no doubt that cursed canteen hid them. Noroi hit the bathroom to get himself ready for the night. Although he has be careful about his hygiene products, so he place notes on all his things. The notes said. "Do not take, but you can use. Next time ask!" After he's done he stood at the door when Canteen came in. 

On 3/27/2020 at 4:36 PM, Canteen_the_unstable said:

"Well I'm going to bed...See ya."

"We'll be sharing room so I don't see how we're not going to see each other." Noroi said sarcastically. 

Noroi sat on his bed reading a book on ancient myths. Canteen hit the shower and off to bed. He fell asleep right away. Noroi noticed canteen was wearing his sleeping clothes and boxers.

"Agh again? *snicked* "heh well, I hope he doesn't mind waking up to having a horrible rush in the morning."  He raise his hand over and speak in foreign language. He cursed the clothes Canteen was wearing by having the fabric change from cotton to  cheap wool. Cheap enough to make Canteen have a horrible skin rash.  

Noroi sat back down on his bed and thought about Haze instruction on improving his weakness. "Creating good fortunes for others." 

"How am I suppose to do that?" Noroi never thought of turning his curse into good fortunes. He does believe in good luck hence he's has been carrying lucky charms to loosen up the curses he had upon himself.  But not onto others. even so, good luck itself isn't quite effective as his curse. He doesn't know if it will work but he will need to do more research. He open one of his suitcase of books and begin researching on good fortunes from the ancient myth and history. 

It already morning, and Noroi realized he didn't get much sleep only about two hours of it. Canteen was already out and he was disappointed not to see his reaction when he wakes up to a horrible skin rash. Noroi got dress and ready but the sun outside the window was burning onto his skin. Noroi winced and pull back. Noroi remember that the curse he placed on Canteen  coming back to him. Now his skin is sensitive to the sun. Nothing new of course. 

Noroi put a lot of sunblock and wear mask, hoodie over his head, and black gloves to protect himself from the sun. He ate some breakfast and join the others outside. He spotted Canteen who seems fine but his face is a bit red from rash. 

"I hope you slept well Canteen" Noroi said, knowing the horrible skin rash probably give Canteen hard time sleeping. He walked over and stood next to Mamoru waiting for their instructor to arrive.  Hero training at a camp site. Noroi last thought was  "what does it mean to be hero anyway?"

• 4 months later...

@Renegade the Unicorn

@Dynamo Pad

@Jedishy

@Arid_Blitz

@Drago Ryder

@TBD

- At this moment, the students have gotten off of the bus and arrived at the camp -

”Alright, guys! Rise and shine! It’s 5:00am and it’s about time we start the first day of training camp! I told you we were going to do this but I didn’t tell you the time, that true. This is because villains don’t wait for a convenient time to act. You all have to get used to being ready to do anything at any time at UA. Besides, I provided you guys with breakfast on the bus. You’ll be fine! Alright? Alright. Now, today will entail all of you working to improve your own quirks. Each person will have a unique training session tailored to their specific skill sets that need work. Make sense? You will work at this session until I feel you have improved enough to move onto something bigger: sparring off with another student.

Alright! As usually we will start with Ms. Wolf. What I want you to really focus on is your nails. As you know by now, these are your main weapon. I think that you can increase the strength and durability of them if you constantly use them on different kinds of surfaces/materials. First, I want you to claw at that tree trunk over there. That tree is many feet thick and I want you to go at it until the tree has been cut in half, ultimately falling. Only then can you move onto steel. Yours hands are going to feel like falling off halfway through but you must fight through the pain.

@Renegade the Unicorn

Toby! How are you? Tired? Oh well! What I have set up for you is a bit different. This is because I won’t have you use your quirk in this. You will be running (or jogging) down the forest’s path. It’s a solid loop and it goes on for 2 miles. I want you to run it over and over. Your quirk relies on endurance and in order to get that endurance, you’ll have to do other things like this. But not only will you run, you will also be lifting these weights of 30lbs. whilst you run! You may stop for breaks but only for 2 minutes each. Here is a stop watch for you. An hour or so before this day ends, I want you to use your quirk and see how long you can last. When that happens, I want you to push yourself as hard as you can.

@Dynamo Pad
Okay! Mr. Mamoru! Right now, you can only execute the element of fire. What’s the next best element to learn? Water. These 2 are as opposite as you can get and when you learn how to use them together simultaneously, you will be able to achieve much better combinations; steam perhaps? I have provided you with your own personal pool; about 6 feet deep. I want you to plunge yourself in there and work on feeling the water... Get to understand the way it feels, the way it moves, the temperature, everything. I have also provided you with plenty of bottles of water to drink from for you to feel it inside of you. You can take bathroom breaks as needed but you must return in the pool right after, got it? Focus on trying to use it like you do fire. You will have to make adjustments because you obviously can’t use your fire movements with water. You’ll have to figure out new ones. 

@Jedishy
Hello, Tharas. What I have for you is a vacant spot just atop that hill. It’s been cleared out and is surrounded by a sound proof barrier. I want you to sit wherever you feel comfortable and meditate. If that means you need to close your eyes and chant: “Ummmm” then so be it. I want you to look into the future as best as you can for as long as you can until you feel the need to eat. I have here protein packed bars...and glucose tablets as an extra measure. When you feel hunger, eat one protein bar. That’s it. Eat one and continue meditating. Your body needs to learn how to thrive off of little food because you will be faced with that scenario many times as a hero. Oh, and here’s a bottle of water. I’m not that cruel!

@Canteen_the_unstable
Canteen... Oh, Canteen. Your training session took some thought but I think what I have for you will do you some good albeit straight forward. This inhaler you have; I want you to inhale as much as you can and then use your quirk, inhale as much as you can and then use your quirk, rinse & repeat. Don’t stop. Forcing your body to execute your quirk at its potential limit will increase strength it’s and durability.

@Drago Ryder

Ryu! Can I call you dragon? I want you to put your attention toward being able to take off flying from where you stand... No running, jumping, or anything to help boost you. You need to be able to flap your wings hard enough in just a few flaps to take off, 3 at most. I won’t settle for less. You’re better than that. When lives are in danger, you won’t have time to get a running start. I know I’ve said that before but I can’t stress how important that really is. I have set aside an area in a field for you. It is fenced in so you can’t cheat by running. All you will have a small space to work with. 

@TBD 🚬
Hello, Nori. I will never stop saying this but speaking on the behalf of UA staff, we are glad to have you wanting to be a hero. Your quirk has been recognized as one that can be extremely dangerous so for you to want to work on using it for good? We’ll take that all day. What I want you to do is walk around and watch your fellow students work. Take the time to admire their dedication and eagerness to learn. Take in the positiveness shown by them today. I also want you to recognize good things about yourself. This next part may sound scary but you are going to be your own guinea pig. When you feel you have trust come to terms with your best qualities, try to mark a good, small fortune on yourself. It could be anything from a slight energy boost to a slight boost in your morale.

@Renegade the Unicorn

@Dynamo Pad

@Jedishy

@Arid_Blitz

@Drago Ryder

@TBD

“All of you have your own designated area to train. You guys will all be working on these things until sunset. No breaks, no whining, and certainly no crying. Feel sore? Good. Feel pain? Even better. You will only be asked to stop earlier if a medical emergency has occurred. I will be walking around monitoring all of ya and taking notes. I will eventually decide who will go up against who in sparring. Keep in mind that, if you wish to make it to that next level, I have to have seen improvements from you. Only those who qualify will be able to fight. At the end of the day, you will be provided dinner, a place to shower, and a place to sleep in the rest area.”

On 8/6/2020 at 1:18 AM, Bakugou is my Man said:

- At this moment, the students have gotten off of the bus and arrived at the camp -

”Alright, guys! Rise and shine! It’s 5:00am and it’s about time we start the first day of training camp! I told you we were going to do this but I didn’t tell you the time, that true. This is because villains don’t wait for a convenient time to act. You all have to get used to being ready to do anything at any time at UA. Besides, I provided you guys with breakfast on the bus. You’ll be fine! Alright? Alright. Now, today will entail all of you working to improve your own quirks. Each person will have a unique training session tailored to their specific skill sets that need work. Make sense? You will work at this session until I feel you have improved enough to move onto something bigger: sparring off with another student.

@Dynamo Pad
Okay! Mr. Mamoru! Right now, you can only execute the element of fire. What’s the next best element to learn? Water. These 2 are as opposite as you can get and when you learn how to use them together simultaneously, you will be able to achieve much better combinations; steam perhaps? I have provided you with your own personal pool; about 6 feet deep. I want you to plunge yourself in there and work on feeling the water... Get to understand the way it feels, the way it moves, the temperature, everything. I have also provided you with plenty of bottles of water to drink from for you to feel it inside of you. You can take bathroom breaks as needed but you must return in the pool right after, got it? Focus on trying to use it like you do fire. You will have to make adjustments because you obviously can’t use your fire movements with water. You’ll have to figure out new ones. 

“All of you have your own designated area to train. You guys will all be working on these things until sunset. No breaks, no whining, and certainly no crying. Feel sore? Good. Feel pain? Even better. You will only be asked to stop earlier if a medical emergency has occurred. I will be walking around monitoring all of ya and taking notes. I will eventually decide who will go up against who in sparring. Keep in mind that, if you wish to make it to that next level, I have to have seen improvements from you. Only those who qualify will be able to fight. At the end of the day, you will be provided dinner, a place to shower, and a place to sleep in the rest area.”

As soon as the bus made it's complete stop, Mamoru had slowly made his way off of the vehicle. His eyes were half open as he was still starting to wake up. He had fallen asleep on the bus and given the fact that it was still early. He was mostly a morning person, but it didn't help with him easily sleeping on the ride over to camp. Looking around at the camp and other students, he wondered why they were here. It had already been the first day or so of class, but he wasn't expecting a training camp so soon. He was still glad regardless as he did want to keep up with his training. Pinching the bridge of his nose from the loud voice of their sensei, Mamoru rubbed the rest of the sleep from his eyes as he did his best to pay attention. Hearing the reason behind the time did make sense for the fox boy. He remember his father saying something along those lines when training alongside him from time to time. Learning that he along with the others were going to get training to work on their quirk had caught his attention. He wondered what kind of training he would have to go through.

Upon being called, Mamoru looked to his sensei, who gave him the rundown of his training assignment. His ears fell slightly as he raised an eyebrow. He knew his father could use different elements, but he wasn't sure if fire and water would work hand in hand. It wasn't unheard of for the two elements to work well together, but it wouldn't be that easy of work. Looking over to where he'd be training, he took notice of the 6 foot pool. "So, it looks like I'm going to be learning water by being in a body of water. Now I know why she mentioned to bring a pair of trunks." He muttered, taking pros and cons of how this training could work. The way his teacher explained about the temperature and feel of water was sort of similar to his fire training. However, there were a few differences as there was no feel or moves for fire. However, it still seemed that the training was necessary to harness his potential next elemental affinity. "Okay and thank you, Miss Usa. I promise to do my best and to not let you down."

Hearing that they'd be working till sunset caused the student to sigh slightly. While he trained every chance he could, he knew this was not going to be fun or easy. Hearing that he'd get to spar with the others caused him to look at the other students present. Knowing that he'd have to fight caused him to feel slightly worried. He was confident he could do well, but he wasn't sure how far he'd go. He knew he had a lot of work to do in order to keep up with everyone here. The fox boy soon made his way towards the bathroom area to change, before returning with a towel and a pair of U.A. trunks. Mamoru wasn't exactly ripped in muscles, but he had a fairly average build to him. He headed towards the pool area as he placed the towel off towards the side. Taking a deep breath, Mamoru jumped off of the edge of the pool and into the water. As soon as he hit the water, he was almost instantly greeted with a cold sensation. He quickly swam up to the surface and started gasping and shivering from the water temperature. Being part fox, he was warm blooded, but it didn't help from the coldness of the water. Given the fact that it was still early morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 10:18 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

@Renegade the Unicorn

Toby! How are you? Tired? Oh well! What I have set up for you is a bit different. This is because I won’t have you use your quirk in this. You will be running (or jogging) down the forest’s path. It’s a solid loop and it goes on for 2 miles. I want you to run it over and over. Your quirk relies on endurance and in order to get that endurance, you’ll have to do other things like this. But not only will you run, you will also be lifting these weights of 30lbs. whilst you run! You may stop for breaks but only for 2 minutes each. Here is a stop watch for you. An hour or so before this day ends, I want you to use your quirk and see how long you can last. When that happens, I want you to push yourself as hard as you can.

Toby's eyes widened as he listened to Haze's instructions. OK, don't panic, it's just running for 2 miles...wait...30 pound weights!?...This is gonna be hell, he thought. But putting on a brave face, Toby respectfully took the stopwatch and almost collapsed from holding the weights. "Yes, ma'am!" he said, before attempting to salute and immediately falling over from the weights. Starting the stopwatch, Toby began his laps around th forest, audibly struggling as he did. "No pain no gain...right?" he asked himself through gritted teeth. "Come on, Toby, you can do this...think of something to motivate you...hot ladies...yeah...imagine a group of hot ladies cheering you on..." With that, Toby felt more enthused and in spite of his struggling, he kept up his pace.

“If it’s all the same to you, I would prefer Ryu.” Either that or the hero name he had in mind, but that was for a later date. Either way, he didn’t seem to be as tired or as hungry as his classmates, mostly a result of him waking and starting his preparations for the day before most of the others had even awoken. Either way, it didn’t take him long to notice the fenced off areas of the field, most likely for his own use and confirmed by his instructor. He had always assumed that his quirk obeyed the laws of physics to the letter, but maybe he could at least give it a try if his teacher actually believed in him.

Moving to enter the fenced in area, shutting the gate behind him, the teen noticed that he had just enough space to extend his wings to their full length, and even that was a bit tight. Still, he could respect her for wanting him to better himself. Closing his eyes, the dragon of 1-C slowed his breathing and tried to think of a way to work through the problem set before him. He could feel the sun’s warmth on his back as it slowly rose into the air, shining off the silver scales on his body. It was... nice. It reminded him of... someone, someone who broke through the shell he had formed around himself many years ago. The memory was... blurred for some reason, and that caused him to narrow his eyes in thought and frustration. Figuring that he didn’t need to worry about that for now, the teen turned his attention back to the task at hand and tried to work at it, most of which consisting of him flapping his wings as hard as he could. Needless to say, it bore little in the way of results, aside from just sending his body crashing into the fence of course. It was both exhausting, annoying, and boring to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

Hello, Nori. I will never stop saying this but speaking on the behalf of UA staff, we are glad to have you wanting to be a hero. Your quirk has been recognized as one that can be extremely dangerous so for you to want to work on using it for good? We’ll take that all day. What I want you to do is walk around and watch your fellow students work. Take the time to admire their dedication and eagerness to learn. Take in the positiveness shown by them today. I also want you to recognize good things about yourself. This next part may sound scary but you are going to be your own guinea pig. When you feel you have trust come to terms with your best qualities, try to mark a good, small fortune on yourself. It could be anything from a slight energy boost to a slight boost in your morale.

Noroi stood with his classmate as their teacher gave each other an  instruction on how to train among themselves. When she got to him and explained to him what he should be training on he was a bit surprised. 

"Yes Mrs. Haze". 

Once everyone left to do their training, Noroi doesn't know where to start. His stomach growls and he realized he didn't have breakfast yet since they left. And Of course, he was busy dealing with that Canteen. He wants over to the food area to see what he finds to snack on. There's a vending machine of snacks and drinks. He went over and buy himself some instant noodles and an ice tea. Once he made his noodle, Noroi sat down on the table inside the building due to his skin sensitivity toward the sunlight. he looks at the window and saw Tobias @Renegade the Unicorn running and out of breath. He was talking to himself to motive himself. Noroi remembered how his quirks only last for a few seconds before he can't move or do much. Must be a burden to him since Noroi did notice his determination in becoming a hero. He can see Tobias as one of the fictional characters if he met his full potential. His weakness is low endurance. Noroi fell deeply into his thought about the fact of Tobias's weakness. He begins to feel the negativity coming. He shook his head quickly as he realized he was about to turn his curse onto Tobias. 

@Dynamo Pad

Noroi lost his appetite and throw away the leftovers. He saw Tobias leaving. He pulls his hoods closer to his face as he walks out to look for others. He couldn't find the others but he spotted Mamoru swimming indoor pool. Noroi sweats more and the sun is beating down on him. The Karma when he gave Canteen the skin rash is about to wear off but he can still feel his skin burning. He rushes inside the building and waves his hand like a fan. He spotted a tiny pool, so he went over cool down by placing only his feet in the pool. Relieved. He doesn't want to make this awkward for Mamoru as he was training, so he turns away hoping he didn't get noticed.   

He has no idea how he should get started with his training, everyone was working hard and knows where to get started. Noroi thinks more about what Haze told him. "be positive". He remembers how his family wanted him to just behind whenever they have a party or a fun event which is mostly run by their hero agency. And if he would come along, he will either have to keep distance or just "be happy and approachable" But of course he doesn't blame them because they don't want any trouble from his quirks to ruin it for them. Right now it's difficult to know what is to be positive about.