FlareGun45

International Early Releases Discussion Post (episodes 22-26 Dutch downloads posted)

(edited)

ATTENTION! The Netherlands has released the remaining episodes! Please don't post any screenshots in the comments and be sure to censor your spoilers! I'll post links when I can! It is uncertain if they're in English!

Early International releases will be discussed in this article, so this will be the place to talk about it! Note that this is NOT the actual episode discussion post, merely just the early release.

That said, don't forget to censor your spoilers still! That includes titles, synopsises and writers if not publicly revealed!

Episode 14: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/71d04b3b-5d3c-4191-97e8-c268de9d2315

Episode 15: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/e0465ce2-e9da-4cbe-b995-9324cb722b12

Episode 16: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/e654513b-1ed2-490b-9e70-2df46868342a

Episode 17: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/9516a8ce-b62f-4ca4-b080-fc41ab3c5e46

Episode 18: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/321f4a56-099a-4815-bf71-58d8b380229e

Episode 19: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/8707d3eb-0ed6-4023-a931-8a09bfe25bdd

Episode 20: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/5dc11998-1f31-402d-95bc-cd7e25003245

Episode 21: https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/3d85bac2-26d1-4100-a361-972bfc1508b2

Episode 22: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d215018e2104c3bfefd0bdd0ea9528d820190825165922/2be970 (download file - Dutch)

Episode 23: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e0881c0762cd1377bc2dccfaaac6b4c620190825175617/5bdb52 (download file - Dutch)

Episode 24: https://media.thedoctorteam.ru/videos/season9/9x24_original.mp4 (download file - Dutch)

Episode 25: https://media.thedoctorteam.ru/videos/season9/9x25_original.mp4 (download file - Dutch)

Episode 26: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8ee453c7d2f1813fde95902d10c2506720190825170917/1e72c0 (download file - Dutch)

Links to episodes will be right here just as soon as I find them, that way you don't have to look through the comments, risking to look at spoilers! ;)

Edited by FlareGun45

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Confirmed? Or were the last two weeks a fluke?

It's to be posted in 11:50 AM, but take a little longer to post the videos on the interwebs and by extension the link - it's gonna take a while.

27 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Confirmed? Or were the last two weeks a fluke?

I seriously doubt it was a fluke, it sure seems like china will air the rest of the series in the coming weeks.

Episode 17 aired, but I will watch it tomorrow, right now I must watch the federer vs nadal match 

(edited)

Brahs, I'm on the website, Vault #99, where the video is supposed to be in right now constantly refreshing, waiting for the videos, so don't worry, I haven't forgotten! ;) 

Edited by FlareGun45

The link to episode 17 won't work. After the link to that page is finished loading... blank... nothing... no video.

Got two links posted on top, just refresh it! It's just for now, until Vault uploads there's! Then I'll replace the links! ;) 

2 minutes ago, WillightRobinbine said:

The link to episode 17 won't work. After the link to that page is finished loading... blank... nothing... no video.

Strange, for me it works. Try to reload the page, if it won't work then I have no idea why. It works for me, and the first few seconds are clearly belong to a new episode

Spoiler

Eps 18 is a Freaky Friday story!

I really enjoyed 18 and I loved 17. Though I'm curious to see how the finale plays out. 

(edited)

Episode 17 was interesting and I enjoyed it for the most part, although at some points I felt the urge of wanting to skip forward to see more of Discord or the villain trio. The change between Twilight in the previous episode and this one couldn't have been bigger and this does make her change in character a bit too sudden.

Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy Glow were interesting as well, and we still can't really tell if Grogar really knows nothing or is playing along. Why would he give up his bell so easily?

One thing that annoyed me somewhat in this episode: Discord is still being treated as a bit of an outsider, but at least he's more mature about it.

Edited by JH24

Badges

Both of today's episodes are now on vault.mle.party

(edited)

I really liked both episodes!

Spoiler

episode 17: we got to see more of the villains, I did not expect it but it was a welcome surprise. I do wonder where are they going with grogar, he is just there and do nothing so far, but I guess it makes it unpredictable, however he did say he will go out to retrieve it, what artifact? And why couldn't he get his bell by himself then? I guess he really needed them then, does he know what they are planning? I really hope they will appear again before the finale. I was so glad twilight did not freak out and I hope she won't freak out anymore, they treated it in the episode like it was a problem during the whole series but most of her big freak outs were recently, she did not freak out a lot before. And why did they not find out that tirek(and cozy) escaped tartarus? They did interact with other ponies...  Discord definitely knows what is happening. Overall, it was a great episode, really enjoyed it, hope for more of it! 9\10     Wait, does it mean that twilight is now the ruler? 

Episode 18: a very good episode, we learned more of angels personality and shy's responsibility's, Zecora finally played a part in an episode, and overall the episode was a lot of fan, nothing important to the plot but it was really fun watching this. My favorite line was angel saying that fluttershy wants to merry discord:laugh:, man the dialog was awesome! 9\10, these 2 episodes were definitely better than the previous 3, glad that the season is back on track!

Edited by Rushing cash

(edited)

Watched them both, here are some thoughts about them:

Ep. 17.

Spoiler

Great episode! The villain trio is hilarious and they work so well together! There's definitely Friendship going on there.

Chrysalis is an absolute master (mistress?) of deception. Tirek controlling himself is great. Cozy breaking the chain with a 'key book' was hilarious.

About Twilight and the others, I found the humor to be overly meta, especially Discord. Everyone did their job great, and this episode just confirms Applejack as best pony. Her reaction when they finally got that they need to tell Twilight is absolute gold. She needs to grow a pair and plant herself as the second in command she has always implicitly been, it may be rough but that's what the group needs.

Ep. 18

Spoiler

Second best episode of the season so far, and second 10/10 too. Fluttershy was at her best the whole episode. Angel was also amazing, especially from the moment he went to Shy's body, we see that he's not such an a**le after all and it is great to see some empathy from his part.

Also... she wants to marry Discord??? hahaha, That's one of the most clever lines to say when Angel is mocking Fluttershy. Because we can either understand it as Angel knowing about Fluttershy's unspoken feelings, or Angel just being so jealous of Discord, about him having Fluttershy's full attention once a week, that he mocks the situation as her wanting to marry Discord.

Zecora was great! Her gecko was obviously a fire lizard from the start, no other explanation.

The thing I got surprised about was the whole baby elephant thing... My god, he was truly a goner. The python ate him just like that and the eaten elephant was shown on screen! It really shocked me, I don't think the youngest watchers would do well with such a scene.

Edited by DonMaguz

Ep 17:

Spoiler

This episode is dumb. It tries to convince me that Twilight has gone through character growth, but that's kind difficult when the episode right before this had Twilight at her most flanderized. You know when Twilight did go through character growth? Seasons 1-3 where she actually retained her lessons. After Lesson Zero and It's About Time, she stopped freaking out on the same level, even showing her progress in Games Ponies Play. There are many other things that make that arc better than the one they're trying to do now, but that's not the point. The point is that I don't buy Twilight being so sane here. And I also don't like how on the nose the dialogue is. It's like the writers think that having the characters say they've grown is the same as them actually growing. And even if they did progress naturally, it's just lazy to be so direct about it. Games Ponies Play said pretty much the same thing about how far Twilight has come without needing to spell it out like the audience was a bunch of babies. 

Other bad things include a rehash of the conflict of Horse Play with the mane six trying to hide how badly the Summer Sun Celebration has gone from Twilight, complete with Applejack being the voice of reason in the exact same way, Tirek being able to suck up magic with no one noticing or realizing what caused it, Cozy Glow somehow being able to manipulate some one without being recognized as that pony that tried to suck up all the magic in Equestria, the entire thing with Chrysallis manipulating that show troupe only for them to change their mind in one conversation that we barely see, and a general lack of good comedy.

Also, in Twilight's Kingdom, Tirek sucking up magic got rid of the pony's cutie mark. I know this was changed because it would make near impossible for Tirek to get away without getting caught, but if you're going to try to stick to continuity and then proceed to ignore continuity to progress the story, maybe you should just scrap the entire thing and think of something else for Tirek to do. And speaking of broken continuity from Twilight's Kingdom, Braeburn was shown to have his magic get sucked up in that episode, so how does he not recognize what happened? And on a similar note, the mane six had their magic sucked up so how are they confused? 

For a show that's trying to focus on an ongoing story and trying to have the audience care about this story, being so messy is a huge problem. A minor continuity break isn't a huge problem (like if Tirek not removing ponies' cutie marks was the only problem I wouldn't care), but combined with everything else it just shows how half assed the entire thing is. And since everything is so half assed, I just don't care about what's going on.

Score: 3/10

Ep 18:

Spoiler

As soon as Fluttershy and Angel switched bodies I made a prediction on what would happen. I was right. There are no surprises here. The episode seems to be content with just hitting every plot point and leaving it at that, lacking the charm or comedy that would make it entertaining. It's so boring that I can't even give it a 5/10. It's in the same camp as Buckball Season and She's All Yak: Episodes that have no substance, but aren't annoying enough about it to be bad.

The only things of note are Fluttershy doing the stare as Angel, which is kinda funny, and Twilight appearing for no reason like this is season 1. 

Score: 4/10

Badges

32 minutes ago, bigbertha said:

Ep 17:

Reveal hidden contents

This episode is dumb. It tries to convince me that Twilight has gone through character growth, but that's kind difficult when the episode right before this had Twilight at her most flanderized. You know when Twilight did go through character growth? Seasons 1-3 where she actually retained her lessons. After Lesson Zero and It's About Time, she stopped freaking out on the same level, even showing her progress in Games Ponies Play. There are many other things that make that arc better than the one they're trying to do now, but that's not the point. The point is that I don't buy Twilight being so sane here. And I also don't like how on the nose the dialogue is. It's like the writers think that having the characters say they've grown is the same as them actually growing. And even if they did progress naturally, it's just lazy to be so direct about it. Games Ponies Play said pretty much the same thing about how far Twilight has come without needing to spell it out like the audience was a bunch of babies. 

Other bad things include a rehash of the conflict of Horse Play with the mane six trying to hide how badly the Summer Sun Celebration has gone from Twilight, complete with Applejack being the voice of reason in the exact same way, Tirek being able to suck up magic with no one noticing or realizing what caused it, Cozy Glow somehow being able to manipulate some one without being recognized as that pony that tried to suck up all the magic in Equestria, the entire thing with Chrysallis manipulating that show troupe only for them to change their mind in one conversation that we barely see, and a general lack of good comedy.

Also, in Twilight's Kingdom, Tirek sucking up magic got rid of the pony's cutie mark. I know this was changed because it would make near impossible for Tirek to get away without getting caught, but if you're going to try to stick to continuity and then proceed to ignore continuity to progress the story, maybe you should just scrap the entire thing and think of something else for Tirek to do. And speaking of broken continuity from Twilight's Kingdom, Braeburn was shown to have his magic get sucked up in that episode, so how does he not recognize what happened? And on a similar note, the mane six had their magic sucked up so how are they confused? 

For a show that's trying to focus on an ongoing story and trying to have the audience care about this story, being so messy is a huge problem. A minor continuity break isn't a huge problem (like if Tirek not removing ponies' cutie marks was the only problem I wouldn't care), but combined with everything else it just shows how half assed the entire thing is. And since everything is so half assed, I just don't care about what's going on.

Score: 3/10

Ep 18:

Reveal hidden contents

As soon as Fluttershy and Angel switched bodies I made a prediction on what would happen. I was right. There are no surprises here. The episode seems to be content with just hitting every plot point and leaving it at that, lacking the charm or comedy that would make it entertaining. It's so boring that I can't even give it a 5/10. It's in the same camp as Buckball Season and She's All Yak: Episodes that have no substance, but aren't annoying enough about it to be bad.

The only things of note are Fluttershy doing the stare as Angel, which is kinda funny, and Twilight appearing for no reason like this is season 1. 

Score: 4/10

Contrarian alert.

(edited)

Do you want me to talk about the episodes?

Episode 17:

Spoiler

I can't help to think that this episode was a huge waste of time. I was almost excited when I saw Tirek and co but then we got sidetracked by the subplot of the last Summer Sun Celebration (rolls eyes).

Episode 18:

Spoiler

We finally got an episode where we saw Angel bunny posses Fluttershy and he is almost as sassy as she is. Fluttershy may or may not wants to marry Discord.

Edited by R.D.Dash
Ep 17 and Ep 18 final thoughts

(edited)
Spoiler

You get plenty of this in eps. 17, If your a Sparity shipper

rarity spike.jpg

Edited by bwrosas

(edited)

I love them both. I'll go into more detail later, but If I had to pick one personally favorite part from each:

Episode 17:

Spoiler

Twilight finally doesn't freak out for the first time in a long while. I wonder if she won't freak out when the Villainous League makes their presence known.

By the way, using deductive reasoning from the credits, that panicking lead weather Pegasus that has appealed to me I suspect is named Feather Flatterfly.

Episode 18:

Spoiler

Angel Bunny truely shows he's a jerk with a heart of gold. I wouldn't be surprised if this episode's rescue him from the Scrappy Heap in some of his haters' eyes. I know not ALL of his haters will change their minds, but it was finally worth it to see Angel realize how hard it is for Shy.

Not since S6's Flutter Brutter have I personally seen a Fluttershy episode that beats it and speaks to me ! Took me 3 years, but it was worth it!

Edited by Will Guide

Spoiler

Summer Sun Setback Pitch Meeting:

“And then Cozy attracts the attention of a guard while Tirek steals his magic and Chrysalis steals his key amulet”

“Wait 3 wanted villains are gonna expose themselves to a guard working for the princesses”

“Oh whoops”

“Whoopsie. So is he gonna report this to the princesses”

“He’s not no”

“Why not?”

“Because”

“That works”

(edited)
Spoiler

S9E17 WTF

What the heck? How can a guard not go and tell the Princesses he got jumped by the three most dangerous villains in Equestria?!  Was he that disgruntled?!

That pony needs to scrub Celestia and Luna's outhouse  with a toothbrush after Pinkie Pies spicy cupcakes are eaten.

Edited by Mongo

Badges

4 hours ago, SteveMorison said:

Reveal hidden contents

Summer Sun Setback Pitch Meeting:

“And then Cozy attracts the attention of a guard while Tirek steals his magic and Chrysalis steals his key amulet”

“Wait 3 wanted villains are gonna expose themselves to a guard working for the princesses”

“Oh whoops”

“Whoopsie. So is he gonna report this to the princesses”

“He’s not no”

“Why not?”

“Because”

“That works”

Nitpicking, much?

41 minutes ago, Mongo said:
  Hide contents

S9E17 WTF

What the heck? How can a guard not go and tell the Princesses he got jumped by the three most dangerous villains in Equestria?!  Was he that disgruntled?!

That pony needs to scrub Celestia and Luna's outhouse  with a toothbrush after Pinkie Pies spicy cupcakes are eaten.

14 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Nitpicking, much?

I agree that the complainers above are nitpicking

There's no error.

Spoiler

That wasn't a guard that saw Cozy Glow. That was a Pegasus weather leader we never saw before. You can't expect every pony in Equestria to know the little pony who nearly destroyed magic. Heck, the pony in the mountains didn't know who Cozy Glow is, despite the damage she caused. If Cozy Glow can't be recognized, it simply because not everypony knows her and her terrible deeds. A simple fact of life. And she took advantage of the guy who doesn't know her. So I don't blame the Pegasus guy.