FlareGun45

International Early Releases Discussion Post (episodes 22-26 Dutch downloads posted)

I'm already predicting that the backlash from the finale will be worse than the infamous Twilicorn debacle.

Badges

(edited)
1 hour ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I can't imagine that being possible...

Jim Miller has already locked his twitter account because fans were attacking him about the finale.

EDIT: All/most of the writers have had to lock their twitter accounts.

Edited by RulesofRarity

Badges

(edited)

From the reactions I read so far, its seems like a mix bag, with lots of people either twilighting or completely losing their self control. It seems some harassing the show staff, like big jim.

I haven't seen the episodes, but its just sad to see it. And yet, amusing at the same time, to watch all this chaos. Discord would be proud.

Edited by Rushing cash

So, most normal fans will at least like it. 

People were generally receptive of the S8 finale, I'm sue this will be more of the same.

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

So, most normal fans will at least like it. 

People were generally receptive of the S8 finale, I'm sue this will be more of the same.

Unlike the season 8 finale when everyone knew we will get season 9, this is the ending. People will go mad if it doesn't end the way they wanted. I honestly think the final episode are going to be good, but some people will just get obsessed with how it didn't end like they wanted.

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

1 minute ago, Rushing cash said:

Unlike the season 8 finale when everyone knew we will get season 9, this is the ending. People will go mad if it doesn't end the way they wanted. I honestly think the final episode are going to be good, but some people will just get obsessed with how it didn't end like they wanted.

So, basically like almost every other season finale.

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

So, basically like almost every other season finale.

Yeah, just more extreme.

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

Just now, Rushing cash said:

Yeah, just more extreme.

Then, like Magical Mystery Cure, which most people saw in a positive light after the drama died down.

Well, positive-ish light.

• Brohoof 2
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Then, like Magical Mystery Cure, which most people saw in a positive light after the drama died down.

Well, positive-ish light.

I wasn't in the fandom during that time, so I can't really compare it, but I think the drama died down because how well received season 4(and then 5) was. Here, its the end of the generation, so its not exactly the same.

6 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:
  Hide contents

Ed Valentine - Growing Up Is Hard To Do
Big Mac Question - Vogel/Haber
End of the End - Vogel/Dubuc
Last Problem - Josh Haber

All of those writers have produced a good amount of episodes that I really like, which definitely helps me to be interested in seeing how they will play out.

I'll just give my thoughts on Episode 24&25 since 26 hasn't been released here yet.

Episode 24

Spoiler

1. Discord being Grogar is perhaps the worst thing this show did. Discord is the one of the stupidest fictional characters I've ever seen to pull a stunt like this and then have the cheek to say it was to help the girls. He resurrected Sombra who destroyed the TOH and in the process destroyed the EOH, he effectively created the legion of doom and is responsible for all the damage they cause together in the finale. Discord should've been punished for this but of course he gets off scottfree and gets a happy ending.

2. The Pillars were completely useless with their attempt to stop Tirek. What happened to their magic items? Leave it to MLP to screw over their most powerful unicorn in the most embarrassing way.

3. Cozy Glow knocking out Twilight for scene of the year!

4. Chrysalis vs Starlight was pretty cool. Her not teleporting away immediately after burying Chrysalis alive was pretty contrived.

5. Naturally, the Princesses go down like chumps. I'm so tired. The Mane 6 + Spike put up a way better fight than them against Cozy Glow without the elements, I might add. Celestia and Luna are a joke.

6. Once again, this is all Discord's fault!!!!!!!

Episode 25

Spoiler

1. They should've just made Starlight the main character. She's far more than competent than everyone else at this point.

2. The Wendigos have returned, everyone is mad at each other and the legion of doom is causing havoc and Twilight is too busy being mopey! How many times have we seen this scene with Twillight needed to be encouraged by her friends as if they haven't successfully saved the world dozens of times at this point. It's so moronic!

3. The brief Twilight vs Tirek felt like the good ol' days. I love the Mane 7 working together here.

4. Diamond shield Rarity was brief but cool.

5. Everyone showing up was cool and all but why didn't the Mane 6 think of getting everyone?

6. I'm not rooting for them turning a child into stone. Discord should've been punished too realistically.

Badges

I'm sure the people that hate it are just the really negative bunch we always get. I'm confident in the crew

Just now, Drunkfrank said:

I'm sure the people that hate it are just the really negative bunch we always get. I'm confident in the crew

Same.

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I think that once the finale airs in the US, the backlash will have died down.

When the majority sees it it will probably be  well received 

We do have one of the most over critical fandoms out there though

8 minutes ago, Drunkfrank said:

Having actually watched the episodes, I think the criticisms people are having are pretty valid. It's not hating for the sake of hating.

Badges

2 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

I wasn't in the fandom during that time, so I can't really compare it, but I think the drama died down because how well received season 4(and then 5) was. Here, its the end of the generation, so its not exactly the same.

Trust me, the fandom was freaking out. It didn’t help we got EG and Flash “He Took My Waifu” Sentry shortly afterward :D

(edited)

I couldn't sleep with those new episodes in my mind. I gave in and watched them. It's a strange experience to watch this series in Dutch when you've been used to English for so long. English is a smooth, to-the-point language. Dutch has sometimes those awkward constructed sentences where more words are being needed to convey something in comparison with the English language. (I'm Dutch myself)

This is a lot to take in. I don't think I'll be able to sleep much now anyway tonight. I liked how it ended, and they really did put in a lot of effort to give as many characters as they could closure. 

One of my biggest surprises were... Pinkie Pie/Cheese Sandwich and (if the Dutch version is correct in their dialogue) possibly Rainbow Dash/Applejack?

I have to think for awhile about the events that lead to the ending. I can say I enjoyed the finale and I don't regret watching it. But certain choices were made in the writing that makes me scratch my head.

Edited by JH24

Badges

(edited)
1 hour ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I'm sure it'll be fine.

I hope it will be.  As someone who has been in the fandom since 2012 I have had to deal with some annoying drama.  After dealing with the whole Twilicorn and EQG fiascoes, I can't say I'm too keen on dealing with anymore of that like.  But if it is anything like those, at least we can say that it will eventually die out and we can move on.

Edited by cmarston1

Well, I must say, it’ll be a pain in the ass waiting for Australia to air the episodes. Considering the two parter will be before the epilogue, I think this guy has one last time to shine

I’ll be making two countdowns instead :mlp_icwudt: