Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't remove Quote box on mobile

Will Guide

I noticed on mobile, if you put a quote box in the reply and try to delete it, I keep getting the words "blockquote widget" inexplicably appearing under it instead of the box disappearing like it should.

For now, the way around it is to refresh the page, click the message box and hit "clear editor box" when the box is restored.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm experiencing the same issue and it indeed is a pain. qgWC76l.png

Looks like I have two virtual keyboards installed on my device by default - Gboard and Swiftkey. However, both keyboards bump into the same problem with exactly the same output and oooooh I didn't like Swiftkey, so wouldn't use it even if it worked. :love: Gboard works well for me and now adding the 'euh' experience with the other one on top of that, personally I'm not interested in installing more virtual keyboards and constantly switching between these just to remove a quote or something similar on MLPF. That would be kinda an overkill for just a workaround. Permanently switching to another keyboard on the other hoof is something one could consider, but that's not for me. qgWC76l.png Not abandoning my ship! :love:

The workaround I use is to replace the quote or any other formatted box with an emoticon. So basically tap the box to highlight it and select any emoticon from the toolbar. It will replace the box with an emoticon, that will be removable via backspace. Sneaky. :arethosehands:

NCzuf6H.gif

If you'd like to go through a somewhat detailed tutorial with Twilight, perhaps take a look at this thread. ^_^

Sadly, it's not really something, that can be fixed, it's not MLPF's fault. So yeah, consider finding a keyboard that works or learn how to fire missiles at these boxes. Z97yrAB.png

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

I know this topic is 3 months old, but I feel you guys missed the word Mobile as in Smart phone. Meaning the keyboard is built in. You can't plug in a different physical keyboard because it appears on screen.

• Brohoof 1

And you missed the word "virtual". :P We're talking about virtual keyboards that appear on your screen. There is more than one and even by default there tends to come few built in, that can be switched in the settings. You can browse the mobile market for apps adding input methods / keyboards.

No one mentioned physical keyboards. If you got confused by the cursor in my gif, that wasn't the point, as I was showing where to tap to remove it using a workaround. I recorded the gif on PC, but it's the same operation on mobile.

• 7 months later...

Sadly, it's not really something, that can be fixed, it's not MLPF's fault.

Since this is something out of MLP Forum’s control, there isn’t much we can do here. As such, this topic is being closed.

• The topic was locked