Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite letter in the alphabet?

Octavia Heartstrings

Least favorite letter?  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Which letter do you hate the most?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
    • J
    • K
    • L
    • M
    • N
    • O
    • P
    • Q
    • R
    • S
    • T
    • U
    • V
    • W
    • X
    • Y
    • Z

Personally, my least favorite letter in the alphabet is definitely Q, because it's so useless. I mean, it's almost never seen without a U, and when it does appear on its own, it just makes the same sound as K. If we got rid of it and replaced every "qu" with "kw", things would be so much simpler.

I also dislike C because we really don't need it when we already have K and S, and H because it's ugly and has a stupid name.

Which letter is your least favorite?

• Brohoof 4

I really can't decide. As a font designer, all or most of them are quite bothersome to work with, but in the end, I really love all the letters, even the international ones that you haven't included. I cannot vote!

Also I am now a parasprite. I have come so far!

• Brohoof 2

Q quite quickly lacks quantity and quality. Queen quietly quotes quizzical qualified... I quit. :bea:

What can I say? It’s a terrible letter.

It’s design is a backwards p - which is an upside down b of a backwards d. So lazy. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I don't like W and Y pretty much equally, because the Portuguese alphabet doesn't have those letters. I had to learn the alphabet twice just to know where those two landed in it, which I still confuse all the time. K isn't part of the Portuguese alphabet either, but I always found it easier to remember where it lands.

The first letter that comes to mind is P. I just don’t like the way it sounds...? I don’t know what it is about it but I hate it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I agree with the OP.  C should be eliminated because it doesn't have its own sound.  It just steals S and K's sound.  And Q isn't needed because it just make a kw sound.  There's one other letter that we don't need, and that's X.  It also doesn't have it's own sound.  It makes either a Z sound, or a ks sound.  But Q is absolutely the worst.  It's so pretentious.  F*ck Q.

Spoiler

But he didn't mention Q, unfortunately.

(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, Frostgage said:

W because it ruins the trend of every letter having just one syllable when spoken aloud. like, what a jerk

Hey! You can't spell my name without it and I love it. Without it, I'd be a sick guy

Please Show some respect to the letter for the people whose names start with it. 

Also without the W, we wouldn't be able to ask 5 of the 6 most important questions: Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? is the 6th

Edited by Will Guide

(edited)
23 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Yeah, I agree with the OP.  C should be eliminated because it doesn't have its own sound.  It just steals S and K's sound.  And Q isn't needed because it just make a kw sound.  There's one other letter that we don't need, and that's X.  It also doesn't have it's own sound.  It makes either a Z sound, or a ks sound.  But Q is absolutely the worst.  It's so pretentious.  F*ck Q.

Reveal hidden contents

But he didn't mention Q, unfortunately.

But C comes first so S and K are the ones who stole their sound. And Cat and Car don't work as Kar and Kat. 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:22 AM, lyrabetes3939 said:

and H because it's ugly and has a stupid name.

Without H, we can't spell a lot of important words. Like head, healthy, human 

And spelling every Queen as kween looks ugly to me

All 26 letters in the English language is important. So I'm not voting for such a silly idea to get rid of them

Edited by Will Guide

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

And Cat and Car don't work as Kar and Kat.

The only reason you think Kar and Kat don't work is because you're not used to that spelling. If these words were spelled with a K, you'd think spelling them with a C wouldn't work.

Without H, we can't spell a lot of important words. Like head, healthy, human 

I didn't say we should get rid of it, I'm just saying I don't like it, that's all.

And spelling every Queen as kween looks ugly to me

Again, the only reason Kween looks ugly to you is because you're not used to that spelling. If it was spelled this way, you'd think Queen looks ugly.

All 26 letters in the English language is important.

But as I showed, some are not as important as the others. :toldya:

• Brohoof 1