FullmoonDagger

Critique Wanted here's my latest work- I'd love some criticism!

Hello ! I recently remade an old drawing from 2015 and I would love to have some critiques so I can improve my art even more! I know I'll never be a renaissance painter but I'm really proud of how it turned out, still I feel it can be improved.

I know I messed up on Sombra's back legs :ximage.thumb.png.f762f135598d1f8e2d8edfc9ea1ee239.png

I honestly like it, but why is Cadence so, well, manly? You did an excellent job on the wings.

25 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I honestly like it, but why is Cadence so, well, manly? You did an excellent job on the wings.

Oh you think she's manly ? What makes you think that ? :sealed:

7 hours ago, FullmoonDagger said:

The body is fairly muscular, especially around the upper half area as well as the stomach/torso, which gives her a bit of a bodybuilder physique.

22 hours ago, FullmoonDagger said:

14 hours ago, Quinch said:

The body is fairly muscular, especially around the upper half area as well as the stomach/torso, which gives her a bit of a bodybuilder physique.

That sums it up nicely. She looks very stallion-ish to me.

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

That sums it up nicely. She looks very stallion-ish to me.

17 hours ago, Quinch said:

Well I do base my anatomy off of real life horses, and they tend to have pretty thick legs ! Here's one of the references I used for her-

image.thumb.png.7b8820223d582bc7f2e36b5037660e9b.png

I'm new, hi, but honestly Cadence is one of my favourite ponies and I think she looks fine? I've been drawing horses - actual horses, not mlp related necessarily - for years, and her body just kinda looks like a normal horse body which... makes sense? Horses can't be told apart by gender at a glance, and the idea that she has to be super feminine is a bit old fashioned. Plus, you can still tell the art is stylised so it fits quite well! I think she looks really good OP, including her anatomy. 

As a side note, I think the shading could be improved but thats just something that comes with experience and practise! The composition is nice and dramatic, and honestly I wish this is how it looked more in the actual show lmao. 

Best wishes - Mayhaps 

• Brohoof 1
  • Yay 1