Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cummins, Duramax or Powerstroke?

Lucky Bolt

So, which diesel pickup truck out of the Big Three American vehicle brands (Dodge, Chevy and Ford) is your favorite? 

Cummins is (or was) affiliated with Dodge. Myself, I’m a Cummins girl all the way. :sneer:

Spoiler

4451df129addfc4b0ff1746026e805e7.jpg

Dirtymax Duramax is a Chevy diesel of course 

Spoiler

lighter_aceb5cea-eea4-4898-b53e-609182a2

And finally we have the Powerjoke. Ford. :mlp_gag::P

Spoiler

File0_053482_640480.jpg

So, which one are you? 

1 minute ago, smolbear said:

Knowing nothing about diesel trucks, I honestly thought they all sounded like condom brands. :mlp_laugh:

You’re not wrong. 

Spoiler

I’d rather be cummin than strokin’ 

Cummins. Been using a Dodge 3500 HD as our main truck for hauling since 2001.

We used to haul horse trailers from Seattle to LA and back for jousting shows, as part of a convoy of mixed vehicles. We got fractionally better millage out of the Dodge than the Fords did, as it seemed the Dodge was rigged for distance hauling while the Fords were rigged for high-weight, short-term power. And don't get me started on the gas versions. Diesel all the way for hauling.

Honestly though, it wasn't the engine that sold it to us at the the time, it was the brakes. When you're hauling horses up and down the Cascades, I'm more interested in being able to *stop* when things go wrong, and the Dodges at that time had the best brakes in their class.

51 minutes ago, smolbear said:

Knowing nothing about diesel trucks, I honestly thought they all sounded like condom brands. :mlp_laugh:

Not going to lie. I also thought this. :P

But I know nothing about trucks. The most I can do is tell you if something is a truck or not. This desk I'm sitting at? Not a truck.

• Brohoof 4

Well I for one think it's rigged cause you used the least appealing picture of a powerstroke you could find and a Cummins that's older than you.:-P I for one am Fummins or Caterpillar.:mlp_toldya:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Misty Breeze said:

Well I for one think it's rigged cause you used the least appealing picture of a powerstroke you could find

Girl they’re all unappealing 

3 hours ago, smolbear said:

...I’m never gonna be able to look at trucks the same way again :blink: 

Hmm, I’ll go with the Cummins because I like the dark blue color best :P 

• 2 years later...

My first car was a Found On Road Dead and that’s how it died too. Won’t be touching another ford unless I have to. That vehicle had so many dang problems with it.

I was looking at photos of it and overall that particular Chevy truck just looks weird. I was thinking maybe it’s the tired but no. Just google image searching the truck itself and it just looks weird to me.

The dodge looks like a beast and I would so drive that.