Lektra Bolt

Planning Friendship is Optimal: A Video Game in Equestria

9 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yup I'm familiar, but are you going to be a changeling or a Unicorn in this? Or a changeling disguised as a Unicorn who reveals himself later?

Can I be a Changeling disguised as a Unicorn revealing myself later?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Can I be a Changeling disguised as a Unicorn revealing myself later?

Yes. Yes you can! 😉

Black or new though? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Excited 1

16 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yes. Yes you can! 😉

Black or new though? 

New, I guess.

Right. I’ll probably use Kyubi for this. I might throw in another later. Either way, here’s the link.

Badges

(edited)

Right. I’m just going to use this for Gale’s referance.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Badges

2 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

I don't think I played with you since Cupid Comes Too Ponyville, isn't that right?

Yeah, That sounds about right.

Badges

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

New, I guess.

Alrighty that's fine. Please do post the profile though so I can link to it in the first post?

50 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

Right. I’ll probably use Kyubi for this. I might throw in another later. Either way, here’s the link.

Interesting, a bat pony and she's blind. If you would like, she can ask and Celestia will give her sight while in the game. It would be an interesting experience for her, and also a reason to not want to leave

5 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

And we have a dragon! Awesome! :pinkie:

I'd like to discuss how she ends up with the other characters, since it's unclear where she lives at the present time, and why she would be invited to a video game beta test

-*-

There is a new character database BTW if you guys want to transfer these over from the archive. The old ones can't be edited any more, unfortunately

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Yeah, I’ll probably end up transferring a few of my characters, but with highly modified backstories. As for Gale, that is understandable. Maybe she could have been randomly selected to test for non-equine based species? I’d imagine that she would live in the Everfree forest or some other place in nature, so that might make sense.

Badges

That is true, though she would probably be a bit skeptical at first. Also, will we be able to control any NPCs generated to interact with our characters, or will that be up to you?

Badges

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Yeah, I’ll probably end up transferring a few of my characters, but with highly modified backstories. As for Gale, that is understandable. Maybe she could have been randomly selected to test for non-equine based species? I’d imagine that she would live in the Everfree forest or some other place in nature, so that might make sense.

That makes sense. What kind of contact information does she usually have? I mean long distance communication is usually done by mail ponies but do the mail ponies have her address in the forest to tell her she had been selected? 

The way I has figure is representatives from the company had put out a call for beta testers, throwing biodegradable flyers all over the world, and those interested would fill out a form and wait. I guess she gets selected and would be pretty surprised huh?

15 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

That is true, though she would probably be a bit skeptical at first. Also, will we be able to control any NPCs generated to interact with our characters, or will that be up to you?

Let me make a distinction

There are two kinds of NPC in this RP.

In the traditional RP sense, any character who is not one of our characters who enters from the real world is an NPC.

In the ingame sense, everyone we meet in the game is as alive as we are. Celestia isn't directly controlling them. She created them and set them loose to have a life. As far as they're concerned, they're not an NPC. The server has been up for about a week, but everyone we meet will be able to tell us about their entire life for years and years, from the foals to the senior citizens. As far as they're concerned, the game is real to them. It's best not to tell them they are a simulation, or they'll have an existential crisis and probably not want to help us

Who writes characters who aren't us depends on the situation. I'll be creating the hazards for us, which Drago will then be responsible for, since they'd be directly under control of Celestia.

NPC though depends. If it's someone that's just going to interact with us for a bit and we won't see them much after, I'll probably leave that to whoever is doing the interaction. If it's someone who will be traveling with us, it really depends on who has the best knowledge of the character. If you want a copy of your best pony friend forever to exist here, obviously I wouldn't be the best choice to write for them. If it's a random on the street, I'll probably do it. Let's just say whoever created the NPC is probably the best one to write them :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Fair enough. Just didn’t want to step on any toes.

Badges

Just now, Acnologia said:

Fair enough. Just didn’t want to step on any toes.

Nah don't worry, you're fine :laugh:

I could see how she might be curious about such a thing, so we can go with that.

• Brohoof 1

Badges