Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A way to know when someone you follow has a birthday?

Lektra Bolt

I've missed a couple of friends birthdays, and I was wondering if there's a way to have the forum notify a user that it's a birthday of one of the people they follow?

And if not, I'd like to request the feature please

Besides just looking at the bottom, cause it's a ways down and I don't feel like scrolling that much every single day to check due to laziness heh

• Brohoof 1

This doesn't exist in the current suite and is not a feature of IPB. Instead of closing as answered I'll move to feedback. 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

And if not, I'd like to request the feature please

We don't own this software, what I tend to do is gather feedback and if there is a strong support of something I will pass it on to the developers at Invision Power Board. 

We have people on staff that can improve IPB, but we pick and choose we we invest in in terms of time. On top of that, some things just aren't doable because they are part of the core features and any upgrade will basically screw it up and put us back to square one. Right now anything not related to RP, and already on the list I've had for a while, isn't getting done in 2019. Something to consider going forward. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Bas said:

I wonder, couldn't we filter out all these birthdays from inactive users? At least then the birthday list would have any meaning.

* Or sort them by last visit date.

It is already sorted that way

E39A0C03-C224-4369-ACD2-98BA54142530.png

• Brohoof 3

I think he means the full list in the calendar, as there users are sorted alphabetically.

If it wasn't about the full list then yeah, that block already does that as Jeric said.