Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What pony games do you want to exist?

HelloJinxie

True? Is it still up or was it only for a limited time? I remember playing on open beta a few years back and it still had a lot of work required to be much more than a 3d pony chatroom.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch.
Grammar

I might have to revisit it one day, though I must say the appeal for me has dwindled a bit compared to when I was more active in the community a few years back. Who knows though, I remember just flying around as a pegasus was really fun so maybe it may just win me over yet :orly:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that some kind of open world game would be nice, like where you create your own pony and you can run around in an open world doing quests with the show characters and stuff like that. You would be able to make friends with other players too.

Edited by GlitterMoon
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, Kronos the Revenant said:

Four words: Make Fallout: Equestria real. 

Well there's Ashes of Equestria

https://theovermare.com/

https://overmare.itch.io/ashes-of-equestria

and Fallout: Remains

http://www.equestriagaming.net/2018/09/lets-play-fallout-equestria-remains-07.html

https://www.deviantart.com/empalu/art/FoE-Remains-version-0-7-762532751

So unless you aren't talking video games, there are some options.

Noone calls Silent Ponyville game? Really? I mean, it does exist but it's either an unfinished 3D prototype or an RPG maker adventure game.

I've been trying to make a Silent Hill-like game for years but so far I only have an engine. No real story or levels. Or models even (except for Sunset Shimmer model) :I

• Brohoof 1

I'd like a metroidvania, or maybe a roguelike :kirin:

Going through areas of Equestria, collecting items and spells that would help you explore and fight. The Everfree Forest, Diamond Dog Mines and the Castle of the Sisters could be cool settings. There's even some cool unexplored settings, like Mount Everhoof and the Flame Swamps with the Chimera!

Honestly though, I feel that if there were to be a pony game, it'd be really hard to make it about the mane cast; they're too powerful, and the show's already shown them in 101 situations. Best protagonists for the game would be either original characters for the game (Them's Fighting Herds style), or perhaps secondary characters, like the CMC?

Overall, I just really like the idea of exploring locations and finding items from across Equestria.
I've just been watching a video of Noita (a physics-based roguelike), and it seems so cool, and that's intrigued me a lot.

8 hours ago, Bas said:

Then check out Ponyvania! :laugh:

Ooh, I'll have to try that, it sounds interesting!

Honestly, I might try to make my own game some day, but that'll take a while  :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A pony RPG stylized like the Tales of series, where fights all happen all at once as you put in the commands.

Though I realized something else I thought would work pretty well: a pony version of the _ Warriors games, like Hyrule Warriors. A nunmber of playable main characters with their own sets of moves, as you try to stop the enemy hoards.

• 2 months later...

As an amateur developer I was recently thinking of making a Tamagotchi but with ponies. When I realized I could use the computer time as a variable but I stopped because I could not get the game to properly compare the time when closing the game to the current time when you first open it. I thought it would be easy but I just could not get it to work.

2 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

When I realized I could use the computer time as a variable but I stopped because I could not get the game to properly compare the time when closing the game to the current time when you first open it. I thought it would be easy but I just could not get it to work.

I either do not understand the problem or it seems rather easy to me.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:01 AM, Dabmanz said:

As an amateur developer I was recently thinking of making a Tamagotchi but with ponies. When I realized I could use the computer time as a variable but I stopped because I could not get the game to properly compare the time when closing the game to the current time when you first open it. I thought it would be easy but I just could not get it to work.

It shouldn't be that hard.

Most programming languages have a standard (actual or defacto) time library. Also time on the computer is often referenced against a specific 'real' date and time and commonly stored as a numeric value offset from that base. 

What are you trying to do with that time comparison? It should be as simple as comparing the exit time vs start time and then calculating how many hours/minutes/seconds whatever occured betqeen those two points.

What tools and/or language were you using?

Edited by StormyVenture
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, StormyVenture said:

It shouldn't be that hard.

Most programming languages have a standard (actual or defacto) time library. Also time on the computer is often referenced against a specific 'real' date and time and commonly stored as a numeric value offset from that base. 

What are you trying to do with that time comparison? It should be as simple as comparing the exit time vs start time and then calculating how many hours/minutes/seconds whatever occured betqeen those two points.

What tools and/or language were you using?

I was using Gamemakers language gml.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:01 AM, Dabmanz said:

There already is some sort of a My Little Pony Tamagotchi game, its called " My Little Pony - Friendship Gardens ", its just not from G4. ( i mean with taking care of a Pony, not in a literal Tamagotchi Lcd Game sense )

I had the Idea to make a Survival horror game with cute animal characters in it. The main Character would have been a Donkey, since you could design her in a slightly similar fashion like Mlp, without it being a direct ripoff.I mean i would start on developing something but i just dont have the talent, pc nor the money to pay someone else to make me a game.

It would feature Monsters but it would be more like a Undertale kinda game, in which you can befriend the Monsters, if you do certain things. Of Course you will still have the occasional enemy that you have to defeat. The Story would be about a creature that destroyed humanity a long time ago. Centurys have passed and the world is now inhabitated by animals with human characteristics. Even though they dont know exactly what killed off the humans and why, they fear that this unknwon Entity could come back and do the same with them.

In the game you would take control of a small flying robot, that would take control of the donkey Character ( a female that gets the Mission to secure or eliminate the unknown Entity ) and guide her around. ( so that the " Player " is an actual character in the game as well ) You would be responsible for her and try to survive and find out about the mysterious creature and where its hiding.You start collecting clues in a small open world before entering a weird facility that will lead to all sorts of stange places, filled with Monsters, crazy characters and abstract and gory imagery and surroundings.

The game would feature a very good ending though. It would have been called " The Blossom Flower ", if that name isnt already taken. And Sequels would have been called : Blossom Flowers, Blossom Garden and Blossom Forest. But im untalented so...nothing will happen. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

@Dabmanz I was using Gamemakers language gml.

Ah. I don't really have any experience with that, but there is a reference site/page for time functions:  

https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/date and time/index.html

If you're still interested in making such a game you might consider: making a direct post asking specifically for help with handling time in GameMaker OR trying a different platform/language. I like Love2D myself, but that wouls require learning Lua.

Edited by StormyVenture
  • Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Bas said:

If you still want to do that, @Rikifive might be able to assist. Else also the dev of Ponyvania.

Cool Thanks Ponyvania was a really well done game and @Rikifive has made some really good projects as well they would most likely understand the code better than me. :)

7 minutes ago, StormyVenture said:

Ah. I don't really have any experience with that, but there is a reference site/page for time functions:  

https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/date and time/index.html

If you're still interested in making such a game you might consider: making a direct post asking specifically for help with handling time in GameMaker OR trying a different platform/language.

Thanks the problem with my code is the saved time from exiting would become a negative when reloading the game. these functions should be able to fix that. :)

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Having a couple of humanized MLP characters be guests in a fighting game could be cool. Mortal Kombat 11 is too violent, so maybe Injustice 3?

I feel like Mortal as mlp characters would just be a smile HD game. Also Injustice might work :P Btw were you thinking a standalone game or a mod for an existing one?

1 minute ago, Dabmanz said:

I feel like Mortal as mlp characters would just be a smile HD game. Also Injustice might work :P Btw were you thinking a standalone game or a mod for an existing one?

I was saying it would be kind of cool to make them crossover characters in Injustice 3. The company behind the Injustice and Mortal Kombat games (Netherrealm) have put in several guest characters in both franchises. In the last 3 MK games we've gotten guys like, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Predator, Leatherface, Xenomorph, Joker, Terminator, and Spawn. And in the previous Injustice games we've gotten Scorpion, Sub Zero, Raiden, Hellboy, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Although an actual stand alone MLP fighting game could be fun.

• 1 month later...

I had an idea to make short lowpoly isometric games based on fanfics but I suck at design and never finished a single project

But as a player I'd really like to play something like this

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I had an idea to make short lowpoly isometric games based on fanfics but I suck at design and never finished a single project

But as a player I'd really like to play something like this

Isometric can be quite challenging with clipping what is in front and behind the world/characters, unless you just go standard 3D. What approach were you thinking?