Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would the mane 6 help you out if you were depressed?

ccb20yes

I'm terribly sorry to hear it mate, losing a pet isn't easy, I know from fairly recent experience as well

I don't know what can be said for fictional characters but in tough times one of them did make a pretty great song in the theme of cheering others up:

Spoiler

I personally recommend a nice drive and high volume, but if for whatever reason a car is out of the question it's still possible to play it in ones own room, and loud, should you wish.

It's by no means a cure all but I think it helps.

I’m so sorry about your dog. :( It’s terrible when pets pass away. 

If you want ponies to cheer you up a bit, you should hug all your Flutershys if you have any. Fluttershy likes to make people feel better.

• Brohoof 1

@ccb20yes

Moving to Sugarcube Corner, as this is discussing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic indirectly. The section FiM Show Discussion is designated to converse the show itself.

7 hours ago, ccb20yes said:

But i like having a tough girl be sweet and gentle.

Are you talking about me?

In all seriousness, I understand what you're going through, @ccb20yes. Losing any living thing close to you, pet or person, legitimately rips your heart out. I hope you can get through this, and you will. I promise. 

I'm sure Fluttershy would give you a comforting hug, or maybe Pinkie would bake you a cake to cheer you up a little? :) Rarity would happily design you something beautiful to bring a smile to your face and Twily would read you a story perhaps. AJ would understand you, as we all know she lost her parents. Dash would be like me....a little awkward around a grieving friend but will not fail to wipe away your tears and help you to get through this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think it's pretty obvious what each of the mane 6 would do to help someone who's depressed.  Pinkie would throw you a party and give you enough sugar to put any human into diabetic shock.  Applejack would bake you an apple pie and take you on a hay ride.  Rainbow would take you for a fly and play sportsball.  Fluttershy would have her animals join you for a tea party.  Rarity would make you a fabulous outfit.  And Twilight would analyze your depression and try to cheer you up by showing you pie charts, diagrams, and graphs of your emotional state.

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your dog.  The pain will ease a little with each passing day.  You'll be okay.  Feel better soon.

Firstly, my condolences for your loss.

As for the question, they'd probably try to cheer me up. I dunno how, but I get entertained easily.

Edited by Cash_In

• 11 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:00 AM, ccb20yes said:

My dog has passed away last sunday and I havn't been myself since. Its times like this where I really do wish Rainbow dash was here with me.

Sorry about that. My sister's dog died recently.

But to have fun with the idea:

Twilight would find me the perfect book.

Rarity would make me something cool like jedi or wizard robes.

Pinkie would make me laugh my rump off.

Applejack would bake me lots of goodies.

Rainbow Dash would play games with me and maybe do some awesome aerial stunts. 

Fluttershy would bring me lots of critters to cuddle.

The truth is, they already have. As anypony who knows me knows, I went through a bout of briefly suicidal depression last November. Of course, there are numerous things in my life that I turn to to make me feel better but the only one that properly did was whenever I saw the Mane Six together. 

Fluttershy would help me feel better by singing to me and showing me all her creatures, :fluttershy:

Applejack would be amazing to talk to and I might ask if she can teach me how to buck, :mlp_icwudt:

Twilight would be an amazing comfort and she'll obviously find the best book, :twismile:

Pinkie would make me laugh every moment of every day, :mlp_laugh:

Rarity can show me around the boutique and possibly make me a tux, :mlp_rarity:

and Rainbow Dash can take me for a flight! :wub:

The Mane Six have saved my life time and time again and I will forever be grateful to them!

A5A8A9A0-9774-41C3-BC4A-E596DDC296C1.gif

Twilight Sparkle would show me what friendship truly means. I'm slowly warming up, but before, I didn't really understand it. :coco:

When I think about Applejack, I have to think about the episode where she takes care of her little sister and wouldn't leave her alone. :D She is extremely caring, but I love that about her. :)

Fluttershy would visit me with dozens of animals and then we would group hug the whole day, until I smile again (and a bit longer). :fluttershy:

Rarity would maybe decorate my room and it will surprise me when I come home. When I look around and see how much attention she pays on all the details, it will make me happy. Especially thinking about how much work she would've put into it. :rarity: She would secretely know my tastes, it would surprise me~

Rainbow Dash would tell me many stories about how cool she is. B) Inbetween the stories she would always say "Oh, but you are cool as well!" and then continue. But this small detail and her attitude would make me happy. :)

Pinkie Pie would be super crazy! Jumping up and down besides me and ask me: "Are you happy now? Are you happy now? What about now? Happy? Happy?!?" If this wouldn't work, she would tickle me. If this wouldn't work, she would hide party canons everywhere and the whole city would go crazy. And this would continue on as long as I'm depressed. And when I'm eventually happy again, the whole town would be a mess and she would say: "Oopsie." End of the episode. :D