Jump to content

Will Sunset Shimmer be in G5?


heavens-champion

Recommended Posts

(edited)

Maybe, She's popular enough that I can see them bringing her back, same with a plethora of EQ characters

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be all for it, though at the end of the day, it is what it is. In that regard, I wouldn't lose too much sleep if she didn't make an appearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think using the main characters from G4 on G5 would be a mistake. They could work as legends or as cameos, but as main characters they might as well just keep G4 going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They haven't run out of the sparkly verbs yet so no. There are still lots of Twilight clones that they can make once they inevitably run into another wall with main characters' development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

I think using the main characters from G4 on G5 would be a mistake. They could work as legends or as cameos, but as main characters they might as well just keep G4 going.

I will not understand this obsession over wanting G4 characters to not appear in G5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)
7 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

I will not understand this obsession over wanting G4 characters to not appear in G5.

Obsession? You give too much weight to a simple opinion.

You want a new generation built upon the same characters? That's fine, but if that's the case, I'd rather have more G4 seasons.

If they're already thinking about making a new generation, they might as well focus on new interesting characters. Not refurbished versions of the characters I already love and sending them into a never-ending comparison with their G4 counterparts.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Obsession? You give too much weight to a simple opinion.

You want a new generation built upon the same characters? That's fine, but if that's the case, I'd rather have more G4 seasons.

If they're already thinking about making a new generation, they might as well focus on new interesting characters. Not refurbished versions of the characters I already love and sending them into a never-ending comparison with their G4 counterparts.

I mean, Hasbro does that all the time with all their other franchises, and they did with FiM as well, they'll probably do that with G5 as well

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

I mean, Hasbro does that all the time with all their other franchises, and they did with FiM as well, they'll probably do that with G5 as well

Well, yeah. That's why it's called an opinion.

Let's say that there's about 85% chance for the main characters of G4 to be on G5 as protagonists and 15% as BG or not at all.

My opinion is that the second (and least possible) option would be better to enjoy a new take on MLP and start a period in which nostalgia for G4 protagonists would build up.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy G5 with new versions of G4 characters, it just means that the alternative is more interesting to me.

I'll check G5 either way and decide if I follow it or not based on its own merits and not in whether G4 characters have focused roles or not.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Obsession? You give too much weight to a simple opinion.

You want a new generation built upon the same characters? That's fine, but if that's the case, I'd rather have more G4 seasons.

If they're already thinking about making a new generation, they might as well focus on new interesting characters. Not refurbished versions of the characters I already love and sending them into a never-ending comparison with their G4 counterparts.

I was just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

I was just saying.

'Obsession' is not a word I take lightly.

I'll assume you don't really mean what it means the next time I see you using the word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DonMaguz said:

'Obsession' is not a word I take lightly.

I'll assume you don't really mean what it means the next time I see you using the word.

I'll keep that in mind. I'll be sure to not call it an obsession. It's just that I feel like a lot of people seem to want g4 characters to not appear at all, let alone appear as main characters. I could be exaggerating that, too, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
Just now, SpittyPie2005 said:

If she isn't, I'm gonna be mad.

Yes, me too!

 

Sunset Shimmer is the reason why I still watch MLP.... Well watched (since it is over). But still :P

 

If Pony Life was really bad, but had Sunset Shimmer in it, I would watch it and by the toys as well. (I can't believe I said that)

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

Yes, me too!

 

Sunset Shimmer is the reason why I still watch MLP.... Well watched (since it is over). But still :P

 

If Pony Life was really bad, but had Sunset Shimmer in it, I would watch it and by the toys as well. (I can't believe I said that)

Same. But I would only buy the Sunset Shimmer toys (and the Spike ones, let's be real)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...